Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 30, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #15,511 of 15,897
Here you can find a download to the X series version of FiiO music app, currently at 1.1.6 https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/342482.html.
Just put on internal storage and install the apk over existing installation.
There was a 1.1.7 apk that I saw floating around 4PDA but I cannot find an official page or press release (in English) for this version. Searching for it is difficult because FiiO music versions are basically drowned out in search results with firmware versions (1.1.7)

Thank You for the help, Able to install the 1.1.6 version in my player - Thank You

Fiio must maintain an FTP type directory for the app for older players.

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #15,513 of 15,897
Can anybody able confirm the version of the Fiio Music App for the X5 ? The player is in the Stock Firmware.Mine is Fiio Music 1.1.3 and the FW 1.2.5.

My que here is it the max version for X5-3 ?
The current version of FiiO Music strictly for use in the X5iii is 1.1.3. I just checked for an update and there is none.The version of FiiO Music 1.1.6 is for use on Android phones and other devices running current versions of Android, either Oreo or Pie. 1.1.6 will work on the X5iii but use may be problematic.

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #15,514 of 15,897
The current version of FiiO Music strictly for use in the X5iii is 1.1.3. I just checked for an update and there is none.The version of FiiO Music 1.1.6 is for use on Android phones and other devices running current versions of Android, either Oreo or Pie. 1.1.6 will work on the X5iii but use may be problematic.

Thanks for the reply,

At first I thought so that there must be some limit but this https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/342482.html link prove that FiiO itself give the APK link for their old X Series player for latest app....So I guess only limit here the Playstore for Android 5.1, FiiO music will never appear there.

Dec 31, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #15,517 of 15,897

I've been using Onkyo HF Player and haven't looked back from FiiO music, once I upgraded and lost all my viper capability the app itself sounded like junk, the equalizer is wonky in FiiO music, I just couldn't get anything tuned to my ears liking anymore w/FiiO music. That being said I did like the ability to control my DAP from my android phone via FiiO link but the EQ funciton didn't work via FiiO link either so I had to keep going back to my DAP to adjust EQ settings and like I said prior the EQ is just dead, the Onkyo EQ has way more functionality and also has a spectrum analyzer taboot.

If I could control my FiiO DAP via the Onkyo android app on my phone, life would be perfect.

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #15,518 of 15,897
I was hoping to never have to ask a techie question about this device ever again, but I still have the issue where I cannot turn off the screen. Either while playing, charging, or both, the screen keeps popping on, and this is driving the battery life way down.

Use case #1: Powered off, on charging cable. Screen turns on and off by itself, and when on shows the charging status. Then turns off after a few seconds, then the "welcome" splash appears and the charging status again. It then repeats this sequence.

Use case #2: Powered on and playing, on charging cable. I press the power button to close the screen, but it reappears after a few seconds. Even with sleep mode set to 1 minute, the screen dims, then pops back to full bright again.

Use case #3: Powered on and playing, NOT on charging cable. Same as above.

Had it powered down on the charger all last night. Woke today to find the charge was at 79%.

I know several folks in this forum have put in a lot of time, and likely some of their own $$$ to try make this right for the rest of us, and that does NOT go unappreciated. That said, I am relegating this POS to a the status of "paper weight".

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #15,519 of 15,897
Hmmm, this is an interesting one.

1) Is this happening only on the one app, or across any app usage?
2) Does this happen also on freshly installed firmware (with/without custom kernel)
3) As it's also happening when the cable isn't plugged - there might be an intermittent short on the connectors which might make the OS think it's charging when it's not. Does the battery charging icon show up on the top right hand corner (even briefly)?

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #15,520 of 15,897
You really should consider popping it open. When I opened mine after I heard some rattling I found an unused screw inside. Very possible you have a similar situation and a short or perhaps a loose connection. Worth a shot if you have the correct screw driver to open it.

Jan 1, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #15,521 of 15,897
Hmmm, this is an interesting one.

1) Is this happening only on the one app, or across any app usage? [me] All apps
2) Does this happen also on freshly installed firmware (with/without custom kernel) [me] Not sure, haven't tried it without the custom kernel, and I'm not going to. As our mutual friend Witzy will testify, I'm not great at understanding the ins and outs doing these updates! :wink:
3) As it's also happening when the cable isn't plugged - there might be an intermittent short on the connectors which might make the OS think it's charging when it's not. Does the battery charging icon show up on the top right hand corner (even briefly)?
[me] Yes, the charging icon appears.
You really should consider popping it open. When I opened mine after I heard some rattling I found an unused screw inside. Very possible you have a similar situation and a short or perhaps a loose connection. Worth a shot if you have the correct screw driver to open it.
I can give that a try (I do have the correct tool), but I'm not sure what I'd be looking for.

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #15,524 of 15,897
I think I solved the problem. I put the X5 iii in a drawer and I'm now using my Pioneer XDP-100!!! All is now right with the world.

:) :) :wink:

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #15,525 of 15,897

Users who are viewing this thread

Back