Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 8, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #15,436 of 15,897
Yesterday I found a systemless Supersu Aroma zip on XDA and it worked kinda. The only problem was that the magisk modules wont flash without magisk. lol

Hang on, just read this post now. Magisk *does* work on the X5, you just need to choose a specific version of it. There's a more detailed description of how to do it on the 4PDA X5 topic.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #15,437 of 15,897
Hello guys, I saw that the X5iii is now around ~200$ in China, which is pretty close to the current price of the Shanling M2x, Fiio M9, Hiby R3 pro. Would you think it's a better buy in terms of SQ and usability? Obviously the newer models have better BT codecs etc., but that's not really too important for me.

Point me to the right direction please? thats best news Ive heard yet. Wheres a link to the version?

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #15,438 of 15,897
Point me to the right direction please? thats best news Ive heard yet. Wheres a link to the version?

You'll need to translate your way around, but in principle there's a detailed guide on which version and how to do it. Try registering first (good luck) and hunting around.
Separately how are your other travails progressing on getting v4a to work using the standard method?

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #15,439 of 15,897
I try searching and it doesnt find
You'll need to translate your way around, but in principle there's a detailed guide on which version and how to do it. Try registering first (good luck) and hunting around.
Separately how are your other travails progressing on getting v4a to work using the standard method?
Not good man. I dont understand how the fiio app has control over the driver. Its so weird they got the app running viper and actually it sucks because it shuts down and becomes like static in headphones I dont even use it on the player anymore.
anything because its not english and I dont get how to make google translate make it russian.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #15,440 of 15,897
315db41e804604378d9dfa83b41f3c3d.gif

I cant read that to register what the **** does that say its translated for there register.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #15,442 of 15,897
No mate. You're using Google Translate the wrong way, unfortunately.

You need the handwriting version of translate, then (attempt to) scribble the cyrillic letters into google. If you're lucky you'll come up with a mathematical formula (example one thousand plus four hundred plus twenty-three).

I managed to do that successfully once. Took me four hours. Hence the good luck wishes.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #15,444 of 15,897
No mate. You're using Google Translate the wrong way, unfortunately.

You need the handwriting version of translate, then (attempt to) scribble the cyrillic letters into google. If you're lucky you'll come up with a mathematical formula (example one thousand plus four hundred plus twenty-three).

I managed to do that successfully once. Took me four hours. Hence the good luck wishes.

If thats the case why dont you go through? Its only 4 letters or numbers needed I dont understand it.

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #15,445 of 15,897
Dec 8, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #15,447 of 15,897

Thats the ZTE Axon thread but 2.8 is supposed to root with magisk I guess.

Hold on
Sound on "AEX 5.3 oreo dated 03/26/18."
Found on Xda in the firmware branch. User GabbaGandalf42.

1) We put Magisk.
2) Install the latest Ainur sauron module through magisk.
3) Install the latest shadysquirrels v4a module through magisk (others will not work).
4) Install the latest AudioModificationLib (AML) module through magisk.
5) Reboot.

We start the music, go into the viper, click driver status, it should be “Yes” twice. If it shows 1 yes and 1 no means something went wrong.
If it’s worth everywhere, let's go further.
6) turn on Viper Clarity
7) turn on the Dynamic system (select Monster Earphone, it seems like the best balanced bass)
Now you have excellent sound on your Axon.
All this applies to headphones.
#

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #15,448 of 15,897
Every firmware is available except 1.0.9 which tells me thats what we need. If you have a copy of the original boot thats what we need. My device came on 1.1.8 which means somone used the thing and took it back or something cause I always make a backup of the first firmware before rooting cause they seal security problems.

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #15,450 of 15,897
Hello guys, I saw that the X5iii is now around ~200$ in China, which is pretty close to the current price of the Shanling M2x, Fiio M9, Hiby R3 pro. Would you think it's a better buy in terms of SQ and usability? Obviously the newer models have better BT codecs etc., but that's not really too important for me.

Im going to tell you to buy a S4 or S7 internation version on ebay used and root it and install viper4android. Hell even a old nexus 6 is great but it doesnt have SDcard slot of course the google pixel doesnt either otherwise that might be the phone to get or a oneplus if they just add sdcard slot otherwise Samsung galaxy or Notes if you got the money I would love to buy the Note 11 next year the snapdragon 865 is supposed to support 200 mega pixel camera with 8k 30 fps. Its also possible it'll have solid state battery which means it'll last 10 years or more.

I bought the Fiio to make sure but if you think about it the chip in these players are about 7 years or so behind the chips in Android. The only difference is they have a better DAC which is somewhat meaning less. If you are driving high priced headphones it makes sense but really anything less than 300 dollars will work the same on Android. The LG v20 or LG v30 has a great DAC and it only makes a differnce even with viper4android if your headphones are high impedance and need more power at least thats what I hear. If you dont want to root a phone then yes buy the FIIO x5iii for 200 its a great stock player ive never had better my last device was ipod 4th gen touch. Im just being honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back