Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #15,421 of 15,897
Ok viper works alot better in audio mode. Fiio viper effects now its sounding right. That kick on bluetooth is what I was looking for. Only thing its missing is headphone surround sound. It makes cheaper headphones sound cleaner. If it had that I could dig it. Its loud.

Dec 6, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #15,422 of 15,897
I have talked to the guy who made viper 2.7.0.1 and they cant get the guy to release the source code for the super driver he only makes the regular driver source code publicly available. Now they think thats bs I think it makes perfect sense the dude viper520 developer has done something no one can touch and Ive tried Dolby atmos, and a few other sound mods. I dont understand why he isnt selling that app for 50 dollars I would pay it. Thats why yesterday I knew which setting I liked put bought all of them just to help dude out and trust me I dont pay for apps after buying poweramp just to get kicked out when not online. I think the guy that made 2.7.0.1 tries to steal work its not about what the app looks like its about the sound and now he thinks he has a god given right to it even though hes doing nothing for the sound. The driver in the FIIo x5iii is the regular driver it has some minor distortion and I find it funny they removed headphone surround sound because my settings are clarity 14.8db, gain extreme max gain inf. Max output 0db so cause android is soft. Dynamic Bass high end headphone v1 24 to 30 percent thats the bass I use it gives me more of a stereo sound. Finally headphone surround level 3 and that makes it all come together the sound is like walking around a room with a big system and its perfect.

My point is the guy doesn't want people to have his good driver with headphone surround sound because thats what makes it great without it not nearly as good. If someone could replace the driver in the fiio that would be a start. Its not like I didnt want the player to be better I paid hundreds for a player that doesn't sound better than any of my phones and its 8 years behind in speed and tech. You cant do anything on it really except music. 2g wifi no 5g and they do that so the next model will have 5g and youll be like its going to be better. There job is to sale not 1 player but tons of them. So they make them bad on purpose and slowly upgrade every year to get people to rebuy.

Heres the deal the only way I can see to get viper is to get Magisk to install and have installed systemlessly. Supersu lollipop is system root. I dont understand why Magisk doesnt boot there should be no problem. Cause I can only get viper to work with bluetooth and it cuts out sound if you turn it down it will come back on if you turn it up and give it a minute. So thats not really good enough but its a start. The musicFX file is also modified I think to work with there viper cause I deleted and the fiio app wouldn't work.

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #15,423 of 15,897
...if you don't have the patience to wait 24 hours for the paid Poweramp license to be verified just advance the day ahead by one in your device's date & time section, reopen the app on wifi and the license will be permanently cached on the device.

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #15,424 of 15,897
...if you don't have the patience to wait 24 hours for the paid Poweramp license to be verified just advance the day ahead by one in your device's date & time section, reopen the app on wifi and the license will be permanently cached on the device.

That's interesting I will try that next time I'm out of the house. You can also use lucky patcher but that messes it up so it won't work right it jumps around and your settings don't really stay. I'm having a hell of time with that fiio nothing works right lol. It's definitely a different animal. If I flash the purist rom do I have install stock recovery first or can I leave twrp?

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #15,425 of 15,897
Avoid purist rom tbh. You can't make backups in TWRP with it. It will remove TWRP if you use firmware upgrade tool to put stock or purist, in either case.

Dec 6, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #15,426 of 15,897
Thank you that's what I was thinking is it'll remove twrp when you flash it with the updated tool. Which wouldn't be a problem if it had a better track record everything I've read about it is really weird and doesn't make sense to me. I think the guy is trying to install his own sound files which is cool I guess but what he should be working on is how to write the configuration audio policy to work with viper4 Android system wide. Or my idea was if these guys knew where the viper driver installs to and decompile the viper4 Android 2.3.4 apk and switch the drivers so it has the good one. I'm sure guitar hero on XDA could get it running he keep viper alive after KitKat when it wouldn't just install. You used to just install the apk and install your driver of choice reboot done played great. KitKat was by far the easiest Android to tweak.

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #15,427 of 15,897
If the developers are using source code to make the custom roms and not just using super R kitchen with some other tools then we should be able to make a regular custom rom like lineage marshmallow or later. I don't think it would sound as good as the fiio stock but maybe plus then we could have viper or stock to choose from. Just a thought.

Dec 7, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #15,428 of 15,897
Avoid purist rom tbh. You can't make backups in TWRP with it. It will remove TWRP if you use firmware upgrade tool to put stock or purist, in either case.

The twrp is not 100 percent its messed up. If you go into advanced and click Terminal commands it brings up the file manger. It should be a terminal command prompt. I also think now thats why magisk doesn't finish flashing but Ive tried manual install the patched boot and it doesnt work either. I got curious after trying to install the viper4arise zip and Ive installed it a million times I know you have to setup the arise prop but it wont find it. Something seems off in the system. It also has kernel and boot there the same. Did fiio release the source codes or is it a port? I googled and I see people complaining they haven't.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #15,429 of 15,897
If you have an OTG cable with a usb flash drive/SDcard reader you can use it with the OTG Helper app for root and the SDcard will be made available in es file explorer. Im trying to get it to work with TWRP but I think we would need that added in the codes. I got extfat in but the otg helper says its supports NTFS so im going to reformat my card with minitool partition wizard.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #15,430 of 15,897
I'll be damn guys it works with NTFS support. You dont see that often and for a device to have that built into the kernel from stock is pretty cool. NTFS is windows file system like fat32. Its Read Write compatible I copied some songs just to try it. I had to use a flash drive SD card reader it didnt load just a usb drive. I dont why. Its pretty cool.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #15,431 of 15,897
Im trying to figure out how to back up purist rom without TWRP. The NTFS formatted SDcard works with Titanium backup to its actually faster and im using a slow SD card from about 6 years ago. With my main card a 100mbs write samsung. I believe ADB will back it up but I gotta relearn how to find the partitions.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #15,432 of 15,897
/dev/block/platform/emmc/by-name/

just saying... :)

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #15,435 of 15,897
Hello guys, I saw that the X5iii is now around ~200$ in China, which is pretty close to the current price of the Shanling M2x, Fiio M9, Hiby R3 pro. Would you think it's a better buy in terms of SQ and usability? Obviously the newer models have better BT codecs etc., but that's not really too important for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back