Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 26, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #14,551 of 15,897
Thanks. Just a pity I now have to go clean install (again), then go back and reinstall jkbuha's kernel (again)

FiiO - suggest you contact jkbuha, and come to an arrangement where you incorporate his kernels in your build. Would save a lot of time, give you a marked increase in performance, and you could help him (and yourselves) by supplying other hardware (X7ii) for him to develop similar solutions.

Agreed 1000%! They need to do something material to improve the performance of this thing, not these incremental, insignificant updates that mostly focus on the FiiO Music Player. Just my opinion from where I'm coming from which is primarily streaming.

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #14,553 of 15,897
Dear community

Co-incidentally timed with FiiO's 1.2.3 release, here is Version 2.7 of the Modded Kernel for the FiiO X5iii. This version adds a new installer for Busybox and SE Linux for anyone who was not getting the correct msg prompts saying "Kernel Optimisation Ready" on boot (which means your scripts were correctly installed and working). This is useful timing for anyone wishing to upgrade to FiiO's latest and greatest and then applying my kernel on top. Props this time all go to prispewnic for supplying a more intuitive busybox/selinux installer.

Changelog
=========

Version 2.7
New: Redesigned Busybox installer
New: Redesigned Permissive SE Linux installer
New: Kernel version now displayed in settings
Fix: Corrections to anyone who was not seeing the msg "Kernel optimisation Ready" prompt

Download and install instructions as per the previous release.

TWRP Version install (you should all be on this by now - refer to previous posts)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397902029

Any requests for lower-clocked kernels (in case you have random reboots) or general comments please PM me.

Enjoy :)

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #14,554 of 15,897
I use the Folder Option labelling my albums with dates before the title, why are my dates now no longer in order with this update?
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the folder name not sorting in order? Please send those names to us for checking first? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 27, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #14,556 of 15,897
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the folder name not sorting in order? Please send those names to us for checking first? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

Hello,

I will give an example of one Current Folder.

(1995) A Northern Soul
(1997) Urban Hyms
(2017) Urban Hymn - Unreleased Tracks
(1993) A Storm in Heaven
(2008) Forth

Originally my folder would have been sorted correctly as,

(1993) A Storm in Heaven
(1995) A Northern Soul
(1997) Urban Hyms
(2008) Forth
(2017) Urban Hymn - Unreleased Tracks

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #14,557 of 15,897
Anybody having issues installing the 1.2.3 firmware? I download and install it and it reboots into TWRP, but it says something about failing to mount and it can't install. When I reboot the X5, it prompts me back to download the firmware. It's an endless loop.

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #14,558 of 15,897
Anybody having issues installing the 1.2.3 firmware? I download and install it and it reboots into TWRP, but it says something about failing to mount and it can't install. When I reboot the X5, it prompts me back to download the firmware. It's an endless loop.

I think you need to revert back to the original stock recovery before upgrading. You can use the Android Tool to reinstall the stock recovery, go through the update process and then use the Android Tool to reinstall TWRP and custom kernel (and/or root) if that's what you want.

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #14,559 of 15,897
I think you need to revert back to the original stock recovery before upgrading. You can use the Android Tool to reinstall the stock recovery, go through the update process and then use the Android Tool to reinstall TWRP and custom kernel (and/or root) if that's what you want.
Yup, pretty much the process i go through, a pain, just needs the extra steps you want to avoid.

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #14,562 of 15,897
Yep - that’s what I had to do. Pretty painless - and IMO worth it. Still my favourite DAP

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #14,563 of 15,897
Yep - that’s what I had to do. Pretty painless - and IMO worth it. Still my favourite DAP

Hi Brooko,

I had my X5III working nicely on one of the older updates (I forget which one) so I left the WiFi off, but stupidly I made the mistake of turning it on and downloading the latest updates and here I am again having to mess around with more bugs.

I don't use any of the add-on features, I just want to go to the Genre, choose the Artist and then choose the Album. All I am expecting is that everything will be sorted correctly, following these last two updates that I have downloaded my Albums are all over the place nothing is sorted in chronological order and I cannot find any settings that allow me to choose how my music is sorted.

Are you having the same problem?

Thanks.

Feb 27, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #14,564 of 15,897
Hi Brooko,

I had my X5III working nicely on one of the older updates (I forget which one) so I left the WiFi off, but stupidly I made the mistake of turning it on and downloading the latest updates and here I am again having to mess around with more bugs.

I don't use any of the add-on features, I just want to go to the Genre, choose the Artist and then choose the Album. All I am expecting is that everything will be sorted correctly, following these last two updates that I have downloaded my Albums are all over the place nothing is sorted in chronological order and I cannot find any settings that allow me to choose how my music is sorted.

Are you having the same problem?

Thanks.

What's wrong with using Folder Browser for that scenario?

Feb 27, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #14,565 of 15,897
What's wrong with using Folder Browser for that scenario?

Wouldn't work unless he has Genre as top of the tree in his folders. Don't know of many people who sort like that.

What he's after is Genre > Artist > Album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back