Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 24, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #14,537 of 15,897
Don't worry, they run automatically by the system init.d daemon every boot.

The directory init.d on the SD card is empty. It is OK ??
build.prop has a size of 4.15 kB and includes a script boot script.

Feb 24, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #14,538 of 15,897
Yes that's the backup folder on the sdcard in case you need to revert.

The actual installed files should be in /system/etc/init.d

Feb 24, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #14,540 of 15,897
I’m getting that with 2.6 even after clearing
Cache and Davike cache amd lettong it pretty much run all day. and And I’m using regular Fiio1.2.2. I’ve reinstalled nuetron. Crossing my fingers

I'm still having this issue with Neutron. Very frustrating. Since I only use the X5 for a music player and don't stream, I guess I'll stick with FIIO's latest version.

McHoop

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #14,541 of 15,897
Yes that's the backup folder on the sdcard in case you need to revert.

The actual installed files should be in /system/etc/init.d

Hi I installed the latest kernel on my Fiio X5 iii yesterday and now it is freezing every 5 minutes can you tell me how to revert back to stock kernel or If I cant revert what can I do to stop the freezing. It certainly was a step up in speed until the freezing started. Regards

Feb 25, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #14,542 of 15,897
Hi I installed the latest kernel on my Fiio X5 iii yesterday and now it is freezing every 5 minutes can you tell me how to revert back to stock kernel or If I cant revert what can I do to stop the freezing. It certainly was a step up in speed until the freezing started. Regards

Unfortunately it would appear your player has a more sensitive CPU. Install the alternative kernel below:

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397899934

Feb 25, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #14,543 of 15,897
Feb 25, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #14,544 of 15,897
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #14,545 of 15,897
New firmware released 1.2.3 Link

The changes and improvements about new firmware 1.2.3 for X5III and firmware 3.3.7 for X7 are as follows:

1. Added support for external M3U playlists;
2. Added "Return to main menu" option in Now Playing menu (tap the "More functions" icon at the upper right corner to select);
3. Added track info display in Now Playing menu (click the album art display area to switch between album art, lyrics and track info display);
4. Added Max volume and Fixed volume setting (can be set in System settings -> Audio settings);
5. Added sorting functions to Playlists menu (tap the "More functions" icon at the upper right corner to select the sorting method);
6. Added cue splitting for DSD tracks;
7. Added cue splitting for multiple tracks within a single cue sheet;
8. Fixed issue where the SD cards could not be selected as save location when using WiFi Song Transfer;
9. Fixed issue where the DSD tracks could not be played properly when output via Bluetooth;
10. Fixed issue where exceptions might occur when playing via DLNA;
11. Fixed issue where the adjustment of some frequency bands in EQ settings could not be remembered;
12. Fixed issue where the display in EQ setting would not refresh after a reset;
13. Improved the sorting by file name;
14. Improved the icon tapping recognition in some pages of FiiO Music;
15. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

Feb 26, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #14,547 of 15,897
I just spent the last several days fully wiping and reformatting a 400gb micro sd card (on desktop this took HOURS) after my card reader botched a transfer and corrupted the sucker. Thanks to my neutron database file and SQLite browser I can at least rebuild exactly as it was piece by piece. Got maybe half my music back on there. Thinking I’d have some time to enjoy my player again today...

BOOM new firmware. I can’t catch a break!

Hope to hear good things from those going to 1.2.3, however. Descriptions don’t always bare all.

Feb 26, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #14,548 of 15,897
New firmware released 1.2.3 Link

The changes and improvements about new firmware 1.2.3 for X5III and firmware 3.3.7 for X7 are as follows:

1. Added support for external M3U playlists;
2. Added "Return to main menu" option in Now Playing menu (tap the "More functions" icon at the upper right corner to select);
3. Added track info display in Now Playing menu (click the album art display area to switch between album art, lyrics and track info display);
4. Added Max volume and Fixed volume setting (can be set in System settings -> Audio settings);
5. Added sorting functions to Playlists menu (tap the "More functions" icon at the upper right corner to select the sorting method);
6. Added cue splitting for DSD tracks;
7. Added cue splitting for multiple tracks within a single cue sheet;
8. Fixed issue where the SD cards could not be selected as save location when using WiFi Song Transfer;
9. Fixed issue where the DSD tracks could not be played properly when output via Bluetooth;
10. Fixed issue where exceptions might occur when playing via DLNA;
11. Fixed issue where the adjustment of some frequency bands in EQ settings could not be remembered;
12. Fixed issue where the display in EQ setting would not refresh after a reset;
13. Improved the sorting by file name;
14. Improved the icon tapping recognition in some pages of FiiO Music;
15. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

Thanks. Just a pity I now have to go clean install (again), then go back and reinstall jkbuha's kernel (again)

FiiO - suggest you contact jkbuha, and come to an arrangement where you incorporate his kernels in your build. Would save a lot of time, give you a marked increase in performance, and you could help him (and yourselves) by supplying other hardware (X7ii) for him to develop similar solutions.

Feb 26, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #14,550 of 15,897
Thanks. Just a pity I now have to go clean install (again), then go back and reinstall jkbuha's kernel (again)

FiiO - suggest you contact jkbuha, and come to an arrangement where you incorporate his kernels in your build. Would save a lot of time, give you a marked increase in performance, and you could help him (and yourselves) by supplying other hardware (X7ii) for him to develop similar solutions.

I simply flashed the old recovery with the android tool (just check "old recovery" and uncheck everything else), and installed the update via ota.
Runs much faster after the update, even without flashing jkbuha's kernel again!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back