Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 11, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #14,476 of 15,895
noticed slight bug
Running fidilizer 1.2.2 and custom kernel so not sure if those are the cause but playing 24/96 flac files on Fiio app causes playback glitches/gaps when the screen goes off.
Plays fine on Neutron.
If you turn screen back on then it plays fine so looks like it cant playback on Fiio player when CPU must be downclocked on screen off.
Anyone on stock have this issue?

Feb 11, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #14,477 of 15,895
To save battery, the interactiveX kernel downclocks to 816MHz on screen off. Try increasing the min clock speed using kernel adiutor on CPU settings and let me know. If it works, I'll add a configuration for CPU-intensive operations (such as 24/96 flacs)

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #14,479 of 15,895
noticed slight bug
Running fidilizer 1.2.2 and custom kernel so not sure if those are the cause but playing 24/96 flac files on Fiio app causes playback glitches/gaps when the screen goes off.
Plays fine on Neutron.
If you turn screen back on then it plays fine so looks like it cant playback on Fiio player when CPU must be downclocked on screen off.
Anyone on stock have this issue?

Running the same as you. No such problems with stuttering and/or stoppage. I checked a 96/24 and for kicks, 192/24 file and they played nicely.

Powderphinger

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #14,480 of 15,895
Thanks to all of the people that have helped a newbie like me get this all figured out. I was able to install the new kernal and root it. I uninstalled all of the useless apps. It's runs so smooth now. I've never seen this player run as smooth as it has now. Thank you all!

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #14,481 of 15,895
Running the same as you. No such problems with stuttering and/or stoppage. I checked a 96/24 and for kicks, 192/24 file and they played nicely.

Powderphinger
To everyone running Fidelizer 1.2.1/1.2.2 with my kernel:

I've just noticed that Fidelizer's ROM uses all of the system partition, so some of my very important scripts will not install on the system partition because of insufficient space. So you won't get the full benefit of v2.5.

If you still wish to keep using my kernel with Fidelizer's ROM then do the following:

adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
rm /system/media/*.flac
rm /system/media/*.pdf
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

then re-install my v2.5 kernel zip

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #14,482 of 15,895

I've just noticed that Fidelizer's ROM uses all of the system partition, so some of my very important scripts will not install on the system partition because of insufficient space. So you won't get the full benefit of v2.5.

If you still wish to keep using my kernel with Fidelizer's ROM then do the following:

adb shell
su
rm /system/media/*.flac
rm /system/media/*.pdf
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

Can i use terminal emulator on the unit itself or do i need to do this through the pc with the unit hooked up through usb?

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #14,483 of 15,895
Both should work. A pc is less fiddly to type those commands :)

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #14,485 of 15,895

adb shell
su
rm /system/media/*.flac
rm /system/media/*.pdf
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

For those that are not familiar with root/su, I would like to supplement a few points in running the above commands.

1. Please install SuperSU using SuperSU_PRO_v2.79SR4.zip
If needed, you can refer to https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-dual-card-slot.828402/page-965#post-14769688 for the installation steps
2. Power On your X5 III and connect to your PC via USB
3. Start the SuperSU app on your X5 III
3. open a command prompt and path towhere adb is installed.
For me, it is installed by installing KingoRoot and is located at c:\Program Files (x86)\Kingo ROOT\tools
4. type command "adb shell"
Treat this as opening a command prompt running on your X5III.
5. type command "su". A popup should appear on your X5III asking your to confirm granting the root access.
Grant it.
6. On your PC command proomt, issue the following commands one-by-one:
rm /system/media/*.flac
rm /system/media/*.pdf
exit (Note: this "exit" is used to exit the su session "root access")
exit (Note: this "exit" is used to exit from the shell created in step 4 above)
adb reboot recovery (Note: This is to issue the adb.exe on your PC)

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #14,487 of 15,895
Used terminal emulator on the device, re-installed your latest kernal, wiped needed caches.
So we shall see how it shakes out, as i do like the fidelizer rom.
Thanks, man.

I like the fidelizer rom too, not least because it's leaner than the standard rom and uses ALSA sound drivers. Which arguably sound better, but I guess that's quite subjective...
I'll reach out to the developer and let him know about the issue.

Feb 12, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #14,488 of 15,895

adb shell
su
rm /system/media/*.flac
rm /system/media/*.pdf
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

That explains what happened today to me. Updated to the latest Enhanced Fidelizer and afterwards when I tried to reinstall your kernel, no-go. Error message during the install. And I believe it mentioned "partition."

Thanks for the update and explanation.

Powderphinger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back