Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #14,401 of 15,897
Cut out the internal amp by adding a more neutral portable amp to the line-out. It's the amp that's overly warm in my experience. Or, use EQ.
can we bypass the OPamp 426? how?

if I try using UAPP via USB to NX4DSD, the noise is become worse.
that's why I prefer LO output from X5iii to amp....
plus a glitch that USB output to NX4DSD can not when using Spotify.... or there's another way...
enlighten me plz

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #14,402 of 15,897
that's why I prefer LO output from X5iii to amp....

This is what I was referring to. If you’re already using an external portable amp then my suggestion is moot.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #14,405 of 15,897
With your player off, just hold down the previous track button as you insert micro usb. You should hear a connection chime and your player remains off. You should not see any lights on your player or your screen. Have you installed the windows usb drivers from FiiO?

So I tried using just the previous track button when starting with the player off. I hear the connection chime, but the android tool still doesn't detect any devices. I installed the 4.11.0 USB DAC driver. Not sure if that is the right one.

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #14,406 of 15,897
Feb 1, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #14,408 of 15,897
Feb 1, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #14,410 of 15,897
Wow, what a labyrinth of web pages fiio has erected for itself!

Now for the ultimate question. Need I upgrade to 1.2.2? I only use my x5iii in pure music mode in shuffle play. I don't experience crashes, with only the occasional cutting off of the sound after moving to another track. I just hit next song arrow on the screen and move on. I've never looked at or cared about how albums are organized. What will 1.2.2 give me that I don't already have with 1.2.1?

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #14,411 of 15,897

Now for the ultimate question. Need I upgrade to 1.2.2? I only use my x5iii in pure music mode in shuffle play. I don't experience crashes, with only the occasional cutting off of the sound after moving to another track. I just hit next song arrow on the screen and move on. I've never looked at or cared about how albums are organized. What will 1.2.2 give me that I don't already have with 1.2.1?

http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44022&mobile=yes

Precisely what you get is listed in the link posted...

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #14,413 of 15,897
I'm also impressed by the stability of the FiiO Link function. Gives you control of what's playing from 2nd android device using FiiO music app.

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #14,414 of 15,897

FIIO is one hot mess. They are so disorganized and I noticed that right off the bat when I got this player. Going to the website just adds more frustration. They need to hire a person to just organize the work flow.
As for the new app, It is a lot better than the old music app. Highly recommend it.

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #14,415 of 15,897
I tried the news from FiiO - AirPlay with my Mac on Sierra High (FiiO settings / audio). To my surprise, Mac (Hackintosh on Intel NUC) recognized him, added it between the audio outputs and about 20 seconds playing the Yuotube. Then the connection crumbled. That was no surprise hahaha ... That's like FiiO DLNA - Shut your ass and die in beauty. Both foobar and UAPP feel the files from the disk just like it is, without sampling. Even so, MAC limits it to 44.1 kHz. MAC OS X - audiofile system for the poor and FiiO system for rich spirits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back