Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 29, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #14,373 of 15,897
With the Old fiio player i was able to put my foobar Mu38 playlists files on my sd card, view and play them in folder view, there was also an option to import them to a fiio playlist that you could name. So far I can not view my mu38 playlists in the New fiio player nor do i see an option to import. Am i missing something? I hope this can still be done

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #14,374 of 15,897
With the Old fiio player i was able to put my foobar Mu38 playlists files on my sd card, view and play them in folder view, there was also an option to import them to a fiio playlist that you could name. So far I can not view my mu38 playlists in the New fiio player nor do i see an option to import. Am i missing something? I hope this can still be done
Dear friend,
Yes. :frowning2: Will fix it in next version. You may use the old version currently if this playlist function is necessary for you. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #14,376 of 15,897
Early impressions of new Music App - Sorting of album names is finally fixed. DLNA which I never used previously crashes the app and also crashed my Win10 computer which rarely crashes at all. Don't know if it is a Windows or a FIIO issue.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #14,379 of 15,897
Is there a way to disable the swipe actions. before the update I used pi controls and would like to use them again
Settings App, Display, check "Enable Bottom Navigation Bar"

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #14,380 of 15,897
thanks for the respon,

actually it is now solved with FW 1.2.2.

this is what I do :
1. I'm on fidelizer 1.2.1 with custom kernel 2.1
2. Go back to stock recovery with AndroidTool (choose no. 3 only)
3. Install update 1.2.2 via ota
4. Install twrp+custom kernel 2.4 (follow page 956 instruction no. 1)
5. done

Yes correct - glad you could solve it!

You could also push the stock recovery IMG to sdcard, and flash the IMG via TWRP to the recovery partition, reboot and get the OTA, install and reboot, reflash kernel+TWRP.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #14,381 of 15,897
i was wondering would any of newer daps from fiio sound better than fiio x5iii, excluding fiio x7

Jan 30, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #14,382 of 15,897
some useful (hopefully to someone) info to stop FiiO logging into the sdcard/FiiOLog/ on every boot and during runtime.
Here are the scripts responsible:
/system/bin/get_battery_data
/system/bin/get_battery_log
/system/bin/get_log
to disable logging you have to comment out the code inside those scripts (haven't try deleting the files, probably would also work).
system access required.

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #14,383 of 15,897
Thanks. I've incorporated disabling of these logfiles in my next update, which will be released in the coming days.

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #14,385 of 15,897
Thanks - that is much appreciated. Until recently I was planning to use the donation money towards a new player, but seeing that quite a handful of (significantly more expensive) new players in the market use the AKM 4490, it got me thinking that we should work on optimising the X5iii to the fullest. I had previously collaborated on the rockbox project for the iPod Classic for a good number of years (with the Wolfson, now that was a good DAC), so it makes sense to push this player to peak kernel and ROM before we move onto something else.

A couple of very important features are coming with the next update - a new CPU governor thats vastly superior to anything I've seen on this player before, as well as a way of removing all the logfiles that have cluttered up on the player so far. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back