Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 22, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #13,201 of 15,897
I think they have probably moved on from this product and doubt we will get much more in the way of updates to software. I don't think they have the skills (command of English for sorting) for example to fix the music software glitches that many have complained about. It works well for me, just wish the sort thing was a final fix. All in all the number of users complaining is probably pretty small to the total units sold, which probably isn't a big number anyway.

Personally, I'm a happy basic user and agree that @FiiO probably are looking to their next DAP releases, but I'd still like better sorting and ReplayGain on the X5iii & x7ii. I think both of these fixes should be perfectly achievable and any code could be transferable across their current & future android portfolio. Just a question of @FiiO recognising the value of doing them for existing & future clients.

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #13,202 of 15,897
I've always thought of the X5III as physically gorgeous but definite software issues. The thing is such a physical gem it's hard to resist even if you have to deal with stuff. A certain amount of satisfaction is gained just by its mere existence.
Like a rolex watch? Sure, it doesn't have the functions of a smartwatch but its nice to look at :D

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #13,203 of 15,897
Hello all - I'm quite new to all of this (finally letting go of CDs) and have 3 quick questions if you don't mind. I'm sure the answers can be found in these 881 pages of the thread but I'm itching to pull the trigger on this purchase :wink:

So does this unit:
-Remember what part of a track I left off with when turning the device off? Meaning if I'm in minute 24 out of a 50 min track....will it remember the next time I power up?
-Does this play seamless/gapless tracks through an album? Is Dark Side of the Moon going to get butchered with little blips between each track?
-How does it perform with Bluetooth? Not do or die but I would really love to pair this with my Toyota

Thanks much for your help!

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #13,204 of 15,897
Hello all - I'm quite new to all of this (finally letting go of CDs) and have 3 quick questions if you don't mind. I'm sure the answers can be found in these 881 pages of the thread but I'm itching to pull the trigger on this purchase :wink:

So does this unit:
-Remember what part of a track I left off with when turning the device off? Meaning if I'm in minute 24 out of a 50 min track....will it remember the next time I power up?
-Does this play seamless/gapless tracks through an album? Is Dark Side of the Moon going to get butchered with little blips between each track?
-How does it perform with Bluetooth? Not do or die but I would really love to pair this with my Toyota

Thanks much for your help!
It does all 3 perfectly. Enjoy your X5iii :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #13,205 of 15,897
OMG I just checked amazon and saw but ONE left from the seller I was watching.
Came back here to see your speedy reply and then took care of business!
Thank you!

I'm way excited - Be back soon with questions at some point I'm sure! :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #13,206 of 15,897
OMG I just checked amazon and saw but ONE left from the seller I was watching.
Came back here to see your speedy reply and then took care of business!
Thank you!

I'm way excited - Be back soon with questions at some point I'm sure! :)
Pretty sure there will be plenty of other sellers even if that one sells out. Did that particular dealer have a promotion going on?

I remember seeing very good bundles where you can get a X5iii and a MSR7 for just $449

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #13,208 of 15,897
No promotion!
I got it for $350 w/ free shipping which I thought to be a decent price?
$49 lower than retail. Not much but save what you can i guess

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #13,209 of 15,897
Shoot I thought I had looked pretty good for that best price. Keep in mind I'm not in the market for any additional accessories at this time. At least nothing with any substantial price to it.
Well what's done is done I guess :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #13,210 of 15,897
Shoot I thought I had looked pretty good for that best price. Keep in mind I'm not in the market for any additional accessories at this time. At least nothing with any substantial price to it.
Well what's done is done I guess :)
IMG_20180424_223058.png

Just checked, this looks sexier and is cheaper too.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #13,212 of 15,897
That's the seller I purchased from....I guess black costs $11 more!
I can live with that much at least
No harm then. Happy listening :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #13,214 of 15,897
The value of anything is only determined by the buyer and seller. If you're happy with the price, then you've got a good deal. It's neither expensive or cheap. :)
I think you've paid well :)
That's sort of subjective though. An item that's overpriced may seem like a good deal to an inexperienced buyer but objectively it's not a good deal.

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #13,215 of 15,897
That's the seller I purchased from....I guess black costs $11 more!
I can live with that much at least

I really do hope things work out better for you than they have for me. Love the hardware and sound...... when I can get it to start up and play. It's like Russian roulette every time; especially after it has set for awhile. Nothing more frustrating than to be ready to do some mundane chore and want to listen to music but having to sit down and fiddle, coax, cuss, fiddle some more and finally after about 5-10 minutes, get it to start up, load and respond.

Powderphinger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back