Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 2, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #12,541 of 15,897
Feb 2, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #12,543 of 15,897
I followed your directions and see the side shortcuts go away on large art view however when I go back to list view the short cut bar reappears and functions properly

Yes if switched back to list view it returns to normal function, but why does it disappear then reappear (only to not function)?

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #12,545 of 15,897
Ah I read your directions too fast you are absolutely correct. While in large art view it doesn't work. Grrrr....

Yeah does it do this for you?

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #12,546 of 15,897
looks like I was right to hold off. By the way, anyone know if you can just rollback/flash older firmware back from the newer version?

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #12,548 of 15,897
Just when you start having warm fuzzy feelings about the X5-III, it's borked by an update. Sh#tty feeling.

I mean it took all of us minutes to find these bugs I'm puzzled how this passed QC.

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #12,550 of 15,897
Ugh, so amateur.

Do these track sorting issues effect folder view? Will hold off on upgrading if so.

Folder view looks ok to me. Goes according to track listing in the tag/metadata.

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #12,551 of 15,897
Can anyone else confirm this? As I understand it, folder view ought to be a pure alphanumeric sort of the files as they are listed in the folder without any tag reading. I use folder view almost exclusively because @FiiO seems to have forgotten/neglected it and so...it works.

Fast forward and rewind are enticing feature though.

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #12,552 of 15,897
I've no complaint about the sound of my x5iii. But, I wonder if it would be a marketing master stroke or big mistake if Fiio ditched its music player & bundled a market leading player (Neutron, or whoever) instead? I know I can load these apps in any event but would it not be even better if Fiio worked with such a developer?

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #12,553 of 15,897
Can anyone else confirm this? As I understand it, folder view ought to be a pure alphanumeric sort of the files as they are listed in the folder without any tag reading. I use folder view almost exclusively because @FiiO seems to have forgotten/neglected it and so...it works.

Fast forward and rewind are enticing feature though.

You might be right, it's probably just going correctly off the numbered track names. I guess I should have checked before hand.

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #12,555 of 15,897
These are the reasons i still stick to original 1.1.8 version. poor development leads too broken functionalities, but we should keep in mind that fiio might not see them as bugs but features, yeah :) i wouldn't blame developers first, but management. They had some bad decisions, forcing developers to offer too much in a short period. Going android is great, overloading it with crap customization destroyed their good intentions. That is why i already started searching for a replacement. All these problems and the doubt of the quality of the sound, especially via android apps, made me want to switch to more mature brands, even if they are more expensive.
Plus the fact that it seems to me fiio doesn't even listen to the conclusion of the users experience and reported problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back