Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 1, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #12,526 of 15,897
Does the volume control work with balanced ? I'm using the FiiO F9 pro and the volume does not change. Not by the wheel or by the screen volume control. Thats my 2nd issue with my X5. First issue is trying to turn it on. Takes like 10 seconds of pushing the button before I let go, than the blue light comes on.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #12,527 of 15,897
Does the volume control work with balanced ? I'm using the FiiO F9 pro and the volume does not change. Not by the wheel or by the screen volume control. Thats my 2nd issue with my X5. First issue is trying to turn it on. Takes like 10 seconds of pushing the button before I let go, than the blue light comes on.

Yes the volume control works. Are you sure you don't have it plugged into the line-out (3.5mm)? You are using the 2.5 mm balanced cable? Sorry - have to check the obvious first.

And yes - they take a while to boot. its normal.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #12,528 of 15,897
Um, ah, nevermind. Had them plugged into the line out for 2 days now. I really need to get better glasses. :nerd:

So the last couple of days, I've been trying different setups with my F9 pros and my Campfire Jupiters. Balanced and unbalanced on each. Its probably not a smart time because today, Friday, is the 16th day in a row that I'll be working for 16 hours straight. TGIF ! So I guess I was way over tired and I didn't know what cable I had in . Working 16 hours straight when your in your 20s, but not in your 50s.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #12,529 of 15,897
Thinking of buying ifi Micro BL and Fiio X5iii as transport. Mainly due to stronger amplification and built-in iEMatch. Will it work with X5iii's line/coax out? Not sure how it works here

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #12,530 of 15,897
Thinking of buying ifi Micro BL and Fiio X5iii as transport. Mainly due to stronger amplification and built-in iEMatch. Will it work with X5iii's line/coax out? Not sure how it works here
It does work as a transport to the BL over coax and when i had my X5 III i have paired them up many a times and enjoyed music.

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #12,531 of 15,897
FiiO Releases the New Firmware FW1.2.0 for X5 3rd gen:beyersmile:: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-releases-the-new-firmware-fw1-2-0-for-x5-3rd-gen.839702/

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.2.0 compared to the FW1.1.9:

1. Added new feature of displaying album arts in large icons in the Album view menu (it will be the default display after upgrade, and you can switch the display by clicking the More Functions "…" icon, then clicking the first option in the pop-up tool bar);
2. Added fast forward and rewind control by holding the side buttons (Prev & Next);
3. Fixed issue where the player might stutter after enabling the ViPER Effect;
4. Fixed issue where the jump through folder function would not work when playing cue tracks in Shuffle mode;
5. Fixed the abnormal scanning issue for some certain tracks;
6. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Download link:
Please visit the X5III support page and download the firmware from the "Download" section at the bottom right of the page
How to upgrade: Click here
DAC driver: Click here
Instruction of using FiiO Music app: Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 2, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #12,532 of 15,897
Downloaded and install the update.
Thank you Fiio people! :)

Large album view is nice, but text below is constrained by character length. Removing the text as an option would be nice.
Still no album artist view. Please Fiio, compilation albums are not all one artist. When adding new visual options like album view, consider some past requests as important.
Adding an album to favourites still shows Chinese characters instead of chosen language.
Will give it a bigger test later :)

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #12,533 of 15,897
Broken record time: Proper alpha sort, replaygain, ability to select how compilation albums appear (artist vs album artist).

FFW/REW with side buttons is finally here, thanks!!!

I understood that HIBY writes the software for music, if that is the case they have replaygain available.

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #12,534 of 15,897
@FiiO

After upgrading from FW1.1.8 to FW1.2.0 songs display/play under ->Artist->Album->Song is "broken" Song are always shown sorted by alphanumeric order instead of album order (yes my music is all correctly tagged).

Thanks

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #12,535 of 15,897
@FiiO

After upgrading from FW1.1.8 to FW1.2.0 songs display/play under ->Artist->Album->Song is "broken" Song are always shown sorted by alphanumeric order instead of album order (yes my music is all correctly tagged).

Thanks

I can confirm this. My track order on albums is also now broken. Alphabetical instead of track numbers.

Fiio, what's up? You have very clever people building lovely hardware and yet your software is always letting you down. It really is depressing to see so many obvious problems not tested for from the earlier days where embedded album art wouldn't work to this. I can't compare against the competition, I don't have funds to keep buying DAPs, but do you ever check how they do it and see if you can better it instead of breaking your own previously working product?

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #12,536 of 15,897
Along with the mentioned issues, large album art view has broken the alphabetical shortcuts on the right hand side of the viewer.

If I am in list view, I see the shortcuts,
If I swap to large album art view, the shortcuts disappear.
If I switch to artist tab and go back to albums, the shortcuts reappear, but are not functional it doesn't jump to any other albums further along the alphabet.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #12,537 of 15,897
I signed in to mention the track sort issue and see I've already been beaten to the punch. Also, can confirm MinnieOne's observation that Alpha sort still isn't properly implemented. Pleas. please, please .... fix this an add replaygain. Adding albumartist tag support would be great too as would the ability to read multiple tags. Given Hiby's relationship to the software can anyone comment on if the Hiby R6 player has these same issues? I am fairly certain it doesn't have replaygain yet but does it sort correctly and does it recognize albumartist?

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #12,538 of 15,897
Along with the mentioned issues, large album art view has broken the alphabetical shortcuts on the right hand side of the viewer.

If I am in list view, I see the shortcuts,
If I swap to large album art view, the shortcuts disappear.
If I switch to artist tab and go back to albums, the shortcuts reappear, but are not functional it doesn't jump to any other albums further along the alphabet.

I followed your directions and see the side shortcuts go away on large art view however when I go back to list view the short cut bar reappears and functions properly

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #12,539 of 15,897
Looks like we need a FW1.2.1 update asap. The aforementioned issues after "upgrading" to 1.2.0 do indeed exist. The track sort by album definitely needs to be fixed! #sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back