Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Sep 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #11,656 of 15,897
@FiiO FW 1.1.8 is a great step in the right direction. Keep up the good work.
I want to point out that the Fiio Music app crashes while trying to change the track using the hardware keys. The keys work with HF Player though.

I didn't experience any crashes though but I'm on android mode. Probably have to try on pure music mode.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #11,657 of 15,897
I didn't experience any crashes though but I'm on android mode. Probably have to try on pure music mode.
I guess i should perform a clean install and see if the issue goes away. thanks for the info.

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #11,659 of 15,897
T...Here we have a company which makes a genuine effort to be present for its customers, to listen to them and to do their best to apply the advice or requests they have received, and do so in a pleasant and timely manner.
And so few people just say 'Thanks Fiio, feature A is working much better now' or 'Thanks for giving five of us the option to remove Google Play Services and then later reinstall it'

It makes me sad.

Meanwhile I'm walking around listening to music at a frankly ridiculous level of quality for a pocketable, portable rig, feeling that I'm incredibly lucky to be able to do so, with a big smile on my face.

Thank you Fiio.

tl:dr - give a little love while you're asking for stuff.

Call me crazy but I don't think sadness or thankfulness are particularly necessary emotional responses to one's dealings with a company for which one has exchanged money for a good or service. We're all beta testers of these devices that only ever come into their own because of the feedback FIIO is provided by their customers. I think a little increased transparency about which issues have been noted and are being considered/worked on would reduce repeat posts and alleviate some of the tension.

That said, I too am really digging the new firmware. My X5 is more stable and responsive and the gapless fix is very nice.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #11,660 of 15,897
Grabbing the new firmware. Thanks Fiio!

Sep 29, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #11,662 of 15,897
I want to point out that the Fiio Music app crashes while trying to change the track using the hardware keys. The keys work with HF Player though.
Please help sending the crash folder(internal_sd\FiiOMusic\crash) to support@fiio.net

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 29, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #11,664 of 15,897
Meanwhile I'm walking around listening to music at a frankly ridiculous level of quality for a pocketable, portable rig, feeling that I'm incredibly lucky to be able to do so, with a big smile on my face.

Thank you Fiio.

tl:dr - give a little love while you're asking for stuff.

I have just added Radiohead's [24-96] OKNOTOK.

'Oh My God', Thom Yorke's vocals sound amazing on the X5III & F9 pairing.

Thank you FiiO.

Sep 29, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #11,665 of 15,897
Min still has exception and exits the pure music app if I go back while something is playing and click on a card in folder view

I have to agree with that, though it has only happened once so far.

I paused the track and tried to return to the folders to change the album but I got the 'exception occured' crash and restart.

Edit:

Just in case it was a corruption, I removed my SD Cards reinstalled the update again, cleared the database and rebooted. Once I confirmed the database was clear I turned off, added the cards, restarted and scanned everything.

This may have been pointless, but it has not crashed yet.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #11,667 of 15,897

I'm having no issues using the hardware track skip buttons in Pure Music mode either. No crashes when skipping forward or backward.

Just installed 1.1.8 and my pause/play on screen icon has become unresponsive in Fiio music. OK with Neutron and the physical button is fine.

Any one else come across this?

No problems with onscreen Play/pause in Fiio Music app here. Verified that the hardware button works fine as well (just in case!)

So far, after a day of use, I'm quite happy with 1.1.8. Only problem I've encountered is the non-functioning VU meter view which is a complete nonissue for me.

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #11,668 of 15,897
I'm having no issues using the hardware track skip buttons in Pure Music mode either. No crashes when skipping forward or backward.

No problems with onscreen Play/pause in Fiio Music app here. Verified that the hardware button works fine as well (just in case!)

So far, after a day of use, I'm quite happy with 1.1.8. Only problem I've encountered is the non-functioning VU meter view which is a complete nonissue for me.

This is crazy, everyone reporting different bugs or combinations of bugs with firmware. You say that you have none of the issues but your VU Meter is not working, I have had one bug so far with the app crashing, but I have a fully working VU Meter on all three themes.

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #11,670 of 15,897
For anyone with minor bugs, try (after the update) factory resetting. You’ll need to reload some of your config (wireless etc) afterward, but it can often clear odd bugs which are the result of old config files for the old fw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back