Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 30, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #10,081 of 15,897
Yeah, 64GB is now 300usd where i'm from. While the fiio x5iii is around 380usd.

With an ipod no need to get external memory.

With fiio no need to get cases.

*With an ipod no option to get external memory

With a DAP that accepts two cards you can have up to around 400Gb. For those of us who can't justify spending so much on cards, you can have a bank of 64Gb cards and swap them as you wish, offering basically limitless storage.
You also get a device where you can organise your files as you see fit and are not tied to iTunes. This freedom alone makes the choice a no-brainer for many (myself included)

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #10,082 of 15,897
*With an ipod no option to get external memory

With a DAP that accepts two cards you can have up to around 400Gb. For those of us who can't justify spending so much on cards, you can have a bank of 64Gb cards and swap them as you wish, offering basically limitless storage.
You also get a device where you can organise your files as you see fit and are not tied to iTunes. This freedom alone makes the choice a no-brainer for many (myself included)

Let's not forget the fact that with Android... you can also stack an efficient 2.5" HDD to the stack!
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/f...-dual-card-slot.828402/page-667#post-13564380

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #10,083 of 15,897
After months of enjoyable use of my X5III, I'm starting to have a bit of trouble with it today. I'm listening to it using a pair of F5 IEMs with the balanced cable and I'm finding that the left channel keeps cutting out with the slightest movement of the player or jostling of the cable. If I replace the balanced cable with the SE cable, things seem fine which I think rules out a problem with the IEMs themselves. Sadly, I lack a second balanced cable to test with nor do I have a different device with a balanced output. So I can't determine if the problem is with the F5's cable or the X5III balanced port at this point.

I can say that the issue is at the connection. I can rotate the IEMs on on the MMCX connectors with no issues but as soon as I touch the 2.5mm TRRS plug or wiggle the cable near the connector end, the left channel drops out.

Has anyone else had any issues with the balanced port cutting out on them?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #10,084 of 15,897
Sporting my new FIIO A5. I must say, at the same volume level, I feel the sound more "transparent". Could be the placebo of the new gadget. Anyone know when the new stacking kit is going to drop in Amazon US? @FiiO

Jun 30, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #10,085 of 15,897
After months of enjoyable use of my X5III, I'm starting to have a bit of trouble with it today. I'm listening to it using a pair of F5 IEMs with the balanced cable and I'm finding that the left channel keeps cutting out with the slightest movement of the player or jostling of the cable. If I replace the balanced cable with the SE cable, things seem fine which I think rules out a problem with the IEMs themselves. Sadly, I lack a second balanced cable to test with nor do I have a different device with a balanced output. So I can't determine if the problem is with the F5's cable or the X5III balanced port at this point.

I can say that the issue is at the connection. I can rotate the IEMs on on the MMCX connectors with no issues but as soon as I touch the 2.5mm TRRS plug or wiggle the cable near the connector end, the left channel drops out.

Contact Fiio they will replace it for you.

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #10,086 of 15,897
Sporting my new FIIO A5. I must say, at the same volume level, I feel the sound more "transparent". Could be the placebo of the new gadget. Anyone know when the new stacking kit is going to drop in Amazon US? @FiiO
Ordered mine from aliexpress last week.Taking a little longer than I thought ... F5's only took six days

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #10,087 of 15,897

Connectors.

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #10,088 of 15,897

As @jmills8 correctly pointed out it is a problem with the connectors and this has been discussed over at the F5 thread.

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #10,089 of 15,897
AK240 outputs the proper bit rate using USB out, and the optical output from the AK240 can do 24/192 with a quality cable.

You have the X5ii and the coaxial output can handle high bit rate files without downsampling to 96kHz and there is no noise using coaxial with 24/192kHz (higher than 5000kbps) files. The X5iii digital output options are messed up - currently.

Edit: I truly hope FiiO is able to work out the X5iii's digital output implementation.

Hi, yes, our software engineers are still working on the X5III's coaxial output issue. We will try to fix it as soon as we can.

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #10,091 of 15,897
Jul 1, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #10,092 of 15,897
Dear @FiiO,

I replied to support weeks ago, But I have not received your reply yet.
It's ticket ID are listed below.
[Id: S93531-T45835]
Send Date: June 8, 2017 at 23:30

Would you please reply to me?
Thank you.

There is no reply from FiiO either from this thread or from support.
I seem to be ignored again by FiiO.

I expected that most third-party apps would bypass the SRC, but it was not so.
I have not been able to find a third-party app that bypass SRC.
According to FiiO's answer, BaiduCloud seems to bypass SRC.
Is the attached image a hype?
I wanted to bypass the SRC with my favorite third-party App, so I requested a concrete sample source code from FiiO.
However, that mail is being ignored.
What did FiiO customize for Android OS?
I always get an ambiguous answer from FiiO.

Will there be SRC (sample rate conversion) for third-party apps on X5 3rd gen?

Cz3EucDUkAAbwRG.jpg

517fd0b3.jpg

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #10,093 of 15,897
There is no reply from FiiO either from this thread or from support.
I seem to be ignored again by FiiO.

I expected that most third-party apps would bypass the SRC, but it was not so.
I have not been able to find a third-party app that bypass SRC.
According to FiiO's answer, BaiduCloud seems to bypass SRC.
Is the attached image a hype?
I wanted to bypass the SRC with my favorite third-party App, so I requested a concrete sample source code from FiiO.
However, that mail is being ignored.
What did FiiO customize for Android OS?
I always get an ambiguous answer from FiiO.

Will there be SRC (sample rate conversion) for third-party apps on X5 3rd gen?

Exactly, thats the main reason I went for this device and now Im well angry that Fiio lied.
They have not acknowledged it and keep saying its up to third party apps but from the original advertising it sounds like they made Android mods to bypass SRC which does not work for third party apps.
I feel like I been ripped off.

Jul 1, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #10,094 of 15,897
Does anyone have issues getting UAPP to work? Also i just had an issue where my X5iii did not even show my card in slot 2 i had to take it out and re-insert it.
One more thing does anyone have a Oppo ha2se and are you able to get it to work?
Com-on fiio get this USB issue resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back