Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #9,511 of 15,897
Anybody has a solution for Spotify offline content problem? Whenever I turn off the device, all my downloaded content is gone. Moreover, content stays in memory, I can see it via memory menu. This is frustrating.

Has been mentioned a few times in the thread. I also had the Spotify issue loosing offline and the recommended solution works for me every time.

• Log out of Spotify then close the app before turning X5III off
  • Once powered back on, ensure you have a Wi-Fi signal before launching Spotify & logging in (this bit may not be necessary and could also work in an area with no connection).

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #9,512 of 15,897
For the Neutron users, how do I get the screen to turn off automatically? The screen never sleeps for me. I've not tried with Fiio Music, just wondered if anyone has seen this and found a solution. Thanks.

I can't get mine to turn off automatically, I would need to hit the power button twice to turn off screen. This is a problem with neutron and the devs would need to fix this.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #9,513 of 15,897
I am very confused by what you are doing on a music player that requires more than 1GB of RAM. I have streamed media from the net to a bluetooth speaker, and played very high resolution audio with background tasks and never encountered an issue that more memory would resolve. This is not a general purpose device like a phone or tablet. It plays music and that is all it is designed to do.

Let me disagree. X5 III it was advertised as smart player. Of course main purpose - to play music, but ... why I can't allow myself to read book at the same time? :) Even turning from Android to pure music mode shows that device it is limited. It would be nice to have some extra options. Even for flawless music playing, especially big HR files, or big mp3 libraries device severe lag (I have Onkyo with 2Gb RAM - no such problems from the very beginning). Not even lag - jumping inside track (for example from min 1 to 1.50) causes lag and playing few seconds from something in between). Rooting to clean up to minimum extras helps for better music reproduction and flawless playback - it shows limitations of RAM.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #9,514 of 15,897
Let me disagree. X5 III it was advertised as smart player. Of course main purpose - to play music, but ... why I can't allow myself to read book at the same time? :) Even turning from Android to pure music mode shows that device it is limited. It would be nice to have some extra options. Even for flawless music playing, especially big HR files, or big mp3 libraries device severe lag (I have Onkyo with 2Gb RAM - no such problems from the very beginning). Not even lag - jumping inside track (for example from min 1 to 1.50) causes lag and playing few seconds from something in between). Rooting to clean up to minimum extras helps for better music reproduction and flawless playback - it shows limitations of RAM.

Only reason I could see using this for anything other than playing music is if you don't already have a decent smartphone. Only reason I bought an Android based player over a standard DAP is to have Music streaming support.

I use it just for Fiio Music and Spotify and does both perfectly. For use as an Android general app device I would never recommend it for that use mostly as the screen is just not good enough compared to smartphones plus far less capable. At the price of £350 (I paid) its a bargain and would have expected to pay £500 for it to also be comparable to a mid range Android phone.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #9,516 of 15,897
Has been mentioned a few times in the thread. I also had the Spotify issue loosing offline and the recommended solution works for me every time.

• Log out of Spotify then close the app before turning X5III off
  • Once powered back on, ensure you have a Wi-Fi signal before launching Spotify & logging in (this bit may not be necessary and could also work in an area with no connection).

thanks I'll try that - hopefully before my battery runs out on standby :triportsad:

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #9,517 of 15,897
is usb audio working now on the 1.1.5 fw?

any1 try/using audio technical IM02? it is a quite sensitive in-ear

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #9,518 of 15,897
Can anyone please observe and compare the Channel separations of the X5 with some other source. I was trying different sources being X5, A35 (Sony) and others and felt the channel separation o the A35 as well as some crappy android phone was better than than X5? Anyone else experience something similar? I am using a 24/96 Flac of Any Colour You Like - DSoTM

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #9,519 of 15,897
Only reason I could see using this for anything other than playing music is if you don't already have a decent smartphone. Only reason I bought an Android based player over a standard DAP is to have Music streaming support.

I use it just for Fiio Music and Spotify and does both perfectly. For use as an Android general app device I would never recommend it for that use mostly as the screen is just not good enough compared to smartphones plus far less capable. At the price of £350 (I paid) its a bargain and would have expected to pay £500 for it to also be comparable to a mid range Android phone.

I totally agree. I was happy with my X5II but I wanted something a little more user friendly. I got my X5III for £326.00 but I would have been happy to pay the full £389.00, nothing else comes close within this price range.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #9,520 of 15,897

That is a little unfair. You are comparing the Fiio X5III with an RRP of £389 with another DAP with an original RRP of £699.00, even now it averages £549.00.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #9,521 of 15,897

I found fw 1.1.5 very laggy as well. Everything felt much slower. Went back to 1.1.4 and it seemed normal again.

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #9,522 of 15,897
Anybody has a solution for Spotify offline content problem? Whenever I turn off the device, all my downloaded content is gone. Moreover, content stays in memory, I can see it via memory menu. This is frustrating.

Make sure Spotify is off before you turn off the device, and check that you have max of 3 offline devices on spotify (you can check that on the website)

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #9,523 of 15,897
That is a little unfair. You are comparing the Fiio X5III with an RRP of £389 with another DAP with an original RRP of £699.00, even now it averages £549.00.

I agree that Fiio at this price it is great player. But RAM it is too small and cost difference between 1GB and 2GB RAM it is very small - can't understand why Fiio decided to put such small RAM? Potential of hardware, if it will be correctly utilized by correctly tuned software will allow for FiiO X5 III be close or even better than Onkyo and other more expensive rivals. Even more - I know how it could sound - because already now I listening rooted software and enjoying my Fiio much more than Onkyo. Cheers!

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #9,524 of 15,897
Can anyone please observe and compare the Channel separations of the X5 with some other source. I was trying different sources being X5, A35 (Sony) and others and felt the channel separation o the A35 as well as some ****ty android phone was better than than X5? Anyone else experience something similar? I am using a 24/96 Flac of Any Colour You Like - DSoTM

Agree. Software issue, I think.

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #9,525 of 15,897
I agree that Fiio at this price it is great player. But RAM it is too small and cost difference between 1GB and 2GB RAM it is very small - can't understand why Fiio decided to put such small RAM? Potential of hardware, if it will be correctly utilized by correctly tuned software will allow for FiiO X5 III be close or even better than Onkyo and other more expensive rivals. Even more - I know how it could sound - because already now I listening rooted software and enjoying my Fiio much more than Onkyo. Cheers!

I am glad to hear you say that the Fiio sounds better because after replying to you I found the DP-X1A available for £439.00 and I was thinking of buying one.

Do you believe the difference is due to the chosen DACS?

I notice that Onkyo and others use the Sabre DACS whereas Fiio uses the same DAC found in Astell & Kern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back