Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #7,141 of 15,897

Oh yes 
biggrin.gif

Thank you!

I loved LCD-X 

I think I would love LCD - XC as well 
biggrin.gif

I would kindly disagree... I have a ton of headphones, and X5-3 has great bass with Meze 99 Classics and ie800. Meze 99 Neo as well! 

I mean this in kindness, trying another pair of headphones might help! 
tongue.gif

I wouldn't want a warmer DAP. I'm waiting to see what X7ii brings to the table 
wink.gif

It's the LCD-XC with the Q French Silk cable. It's a month salary, but it's worth it! When you talk about natural bass out of X5-3, this is it!!!!

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #7,142 of 15,897
Hi everyone...
Im trying to use my oppo ha-2se as a dac/amp, to compare the two. I'm using the micro usb (otg), but it isnt recognizing the oppo. Has anyone gotten tgis combo to work? Thanks.

Likely because FiiO has not implemented USB audio output properly yet. That and a limited coaxial output (24/96 max) are the biggest shortfalls IMO.

FiiO, do you have any indication when these will be properly implemented?

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #7,143 of 15,897
Darn... missed opportunity. I tried to use the DK1 dock to send "digital" out to the Mojo... and it wouldn't recognize it. Well, the Dock does perform as intended... which is to use the Fiio as a DAC and send that via the "line-out"... so I'm not "really" complaining. It just would be nice to have a second dock in the bedroom and have that connected to the Mojo (not sure the reason... but I'm sure I'd justify it some way so that I hang on to the Mojo too).

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #7,144 of 15,897
Likely because FiiO has not implemented USB audio output properly yet. That and a limited coaxial output (24/96 max) are the biggest shortfalls IMO.

FiiO, do you have any indication when these will be properly implemented?

Oh, I see... thanks x relic x. I'm using it with the line out to the oppo. Most will agree, that the x5 benefits from an external amp; but I wanted to AB with the oppo's dac. Hopefully, these features will be added soon.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #7,145 of 15,897

Oh yes 
biggrin.gif

Thank you!

I loved LCD-X 

I think I would love LCD - XC as well 
biggrin.gif

I would kindly disagree... I have a ton of headphones, and X5-3 has great bass with Meze 99 Classics and ie800. Meze 99 Neo as well! 

I mean this in kindness, trying another pair of headphones might help! 
tongue.gif

I wouldn't want a warmer DAP. I'm waiting to see what X7ii brings to the table 
wink.gif

I don't have £1,600 headphones like the LCD - XC, and I don't typically listen to bass heavy music, however, even if it is not considered a bass heavy song, Rag'n'Bone Man's Human certainly has a lot of depth to it's bass on my Fiio X5III when played through my Beoplay H6's.

I have a pair of Denon AH-D600's somewhere in the house, I remember them being very heavy on the bass, I can't wait to test the bass with them.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #7,147 of 15,897

​My 1st DAP of this type too. Lots to learn. But, delete from playlist does just that - removes from playlist but not the database so you can edit playlist & still keep the file. You can delete completely if you do it from your actual song list.

Sorry i was explained wrong
i have no playlist created
i select the song from artist then  see the songs and from there i delete the song

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #7,148 of 15,897
I got my unit to today and I love the sound from this player. But I have a problem when I pause the music I hear a noise in the background (humming noise) .It's goes off after a while and comes back once I resume play. My mojo is dead silent even iPhone 7 doesn't give me any noice with my monitors. I have the cosmic ears ce6p and they're quite sensitive but this is the first time I'm hearing humming noise from a source/ dap. Is this a common issue with the x5iii?

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #7,152 of 15,897
is this version somehow better than the free one available on the viper4android main page? Also since Fiio has installed it/out the box and offered an advanced version of sorts, does it still downsample all audio to 48/44.1 kHz like viper4android v2.5.0.5

I wouldn't bother, only natural bass does a bit of the boost. I wouldn't call it a improvement since bass goes a bit muddy, does not have a punchiness I would appreciate . Free Viper effects will suffice for sound tweaking imo.

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #7,153 of 15,897

is this version somehow better than the free one available on the viper4android main page? Also since Fiio has installed it/out the box and offered an advanced version of sorts, does it still downsample all audio to 48/44.1 kHz like viper4android v2.5.0.5

I wouldn't bother, only natural bass does a bit of the boost. I wouldn't call it a improvement since bass goes a bit muddy, does not have a punchiness I would appreciate . Free Viper effects will suffice for sound tweaking imo.

Does replay gain work  well in Viper? Is it part of the free app?

I have avoided using it, as I normally do apps that are add on processing... and those that are mere sonic gadgets ..that I need to pay for to get less quality sound... Or worse, pay for to find out that I just get crap...

Anyway, Fioo has referred people to Viper for Replay Gain... jus want to know if it is included and how it works.

OTH, having to use an add on app to get an essential feature is ridiculous for a device that seems to be aimed at being a complete solution.

I would really think that replay gain should be part of the Fiio music app. Fiio has dragged their heels on implementing replay gain over a few generations of players. They finally gave it to us in the last iterations of firmware on the X3 II.. I am not sure why. To me it is an essential part of portable music playback.
I have music from 20 years... going back to Napster when it was free. Even modern recordings, especially with compression vary widely in output level. It is a major PIA too have to keep tweaking the volume. Replay gain does not completely fix the problem, but it goes a long way towards not straining to hear, or blowing out the eardrums.

If Viper can do it on this device... and I think Power Amp can do it, why is it that Fiio shies away from getting us a good implementation in the stock player?  Obviously the device can handle it.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #7,154 of 15,897
I got my unit to today and I love the sound from this player. But I have a problem when I pause the music I hear a noise in the background (humming noise) .It's goes off after a while and comes back once I resume play. My mojo is dead silent even iPhone 7 doesn't give me any noice with my monitors. I have the cosmic ears ce6p and they're quite sensitive but this is the first time I'm hearing humming noise from a source/ dap. Is this a common issue with the x5iii?

I have the the CE6P as well, and Earsonics Velvet. I get a bit of hum with both but you can't hear it when music is playing.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #7,155 of 15,897

Does replay gain work  well in Viper? Is it part of the free app?

The gain option in Viper is free, but in my experience, not useful. Its not the same thing as ReplayGain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

I've tried the Foobar app for this reason and their implementation of ReplayGain works properly. But you need to have pre-scanned all your tracks outside of the app. So likely before you put the music in the Fiio's storage.

The Foobar2000 FAQ on this : "Currently, ReplayGain scanner functionality is only available to contributors / testers. Decisions on exact free vs premium features have not yet been made."

I agree, it would be nice to have ReplayGain in the Fiio Music app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back