Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 8, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #4,321 of 15,897
Okay. So you copy the music directly onto the sd card via your computer then put the card into the fiio? I thought I would just connect the fiio to the computer and download the music that way like I would an iPod.

Sorry if the question is noobie-ish. Been pretty much Apple only for mnay years, with a short detour into Zuneville.

I think you can do it both ways, but it would be slower if you copies directly through the Fiio itself. It might be faster if you copy to the card through a card reader or something, then put the card in the Fiio

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #4,322 of 15,897
I think you can do it both ways, but it would be slower if you copies directly through the Fiio itself. It might be faster if you copy to the card through a card reader or something, then put the card in the Fiio

​I plug the FiiO into PC
FiiO asks if I want to go into USB/Storage mode and I select yes while the FiiO is on.
Then it shows up like and other storage device and you can copy files directly to the internal storage file named music or onto the external card which will show up as another drive.

Easy Peasy.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #4,324 of 15,897
  Did you add all the files at once? I've been picking a few albums out, testing the player, adding a few more (maybe 10 albums at a time), and I haven't had any problems. I'm using brand new class 10 micro sds, btw.

I bought 2 200 GB Sandisk mSD cards to put my flacs on. Both had the flacs put into a music folder then put into the X5 at the same time.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #4,326 of 15,897
i want report two bugs/problems with review unit:

1. USB DAC has delay in sound. Changing buffer settings to minimal latency helps but small delay is still there and after cca 1 hour of gaming with 24bit/44khz and minimal latency buffer sound artifacts appear. This never happened with 2nd gen. No delay. No artifacts.

2. Transfer speed from hdd to micro sd through USB 3.0 is max 5MB/s and after while drops to only like 70-100kb/s. This is exactly same issue as with 2nd gen. Im sure problem is not in pc as hdd to hdd transfer with same USB port is 50MB/s no problem. Could it be cable? I use original 2nd gen cable for both of them because i didnt receive cabel with 3rd review unit.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #4,327 of 15,897
I just put all my files on 3.5inch floppy drives, it is very secure because the boxes I store them in weigh over 100 pounds each.  Most of the time it only takes 10 floppies per song but when you listen real close it almost sounds like you are listening to vinyl.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #4,328 of 15,897
Poor FiiO, Android strikes again. I'm sure things will work out, but it is a shame to see FiiO taking another beating over so many issues. Such a great company with mazing service and products, I hope they can work things out, good luck FiiO and everybody experiencing issues.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #4,329 of 15,897

your "reasonably" extends way beyond my patience :) 

transfer rates are very slow compared to a USB adapter/microSD card reader plugged into a PC. 

For transfer one or two albums, ok... direct connection to pc is slow but "reasonably"
But for transfer 200GB at time... if you want to reach the real speed of your microSD:

https://www.kingston.com/en/flash/readers/fcr-mlg4
Aprox 12€ amazon

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #4,331 of 15,897
  I just put all my files on 3.5inch floppy drives, it is very secure because the boxes I store them in weigh over 100 pounds each.  Most of the time it only takes 10 floppies per song but when you listen real close it almost sounds like you are listening to vinyl.

Nice. 

i want report two bugs/problems with review unit:

1. USB DAC has delay in sound. Changing buffer settings to minimal latency helps but small delay is still there and after cca 1 hour of gaming with 24bit/44khz and minimal latency buffer sound artifacts appear. This never happened with 2nd gen. No delay. No artifacts.

2. Transfer speed from hdd to micro sd through USB 3.0 is max 5MB/s and after while drops to only like 70-100kb/s. This is exactly same issue as with 2nd gen. Im sure problem is not in pc as hdd to hdd transfer with same USB port is 50MB/s no problem. Could it be cable? I use original 2nd gen cable for both of them because i didnt receive cabel with 3rd review unit.

1. That's something to look into, I haven't tested USB AC at all for X5-3.

your "reasonably" extends way beyond my patience :) 

transfer rates are very slow compared to a USB adapter/microSD card reader plugged into a PC. 

Yes, they are slower in general, but they are slower for smartphones and any other device. I just don't use those at all, SD to mSD adapter seems fastest / safest 
gs1000.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #4,332 of 15,897
  Poor FiiO, Android strikes again. I'm sure things will work out, but it is a shame to see FiiO taking another beating over so many issues. Such a great company with mazing service and products, I hope they can work things out, good luck FiiO and everybody experiencing issues.

The problems aren't anything major right now 
smily_headphones1.gif

X5-3 is pretty stable and should work as intended for most purposes.The new bits should be solved soon given how fast they've been moving lately.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #4,335 of 15,897

Statements regarding the music scanning problem on X5 3rd gen

b) Use a third-party app to play music. There is no SRC on the X5 3rd gen, so the sound quality from a third-party app is also guaranteed;

So that means any 3rd party player (poweramp, neutron, hiby, UAPP) will use dual DACs and sound the same as the Fiio built in player?

Is there some tag editing software that can bulk/batch extract embedded art and save as jpg in the album folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back