Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 13, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,096 of 15,897
Quote:
I've read the X7 thread and continue to follow it, but it is still a work in progress regardless. I stand by my comments and hope the X5III isn't a work in progress for over a year like the X7.

With FiiO, it will always be a work-in-progress. As I told someone in the X1-II thread, if you don't have the patient to wait for bug-fix., better just skip all Chinese made DAP together and go for a big brand name.

You are welcome to proceed to get an X5 III and get into the same troubles as mine.
wink_face.gif

I know a couple of reviewers have got their hand on the X5III as well and their unit (as well as mine) seems working fine. Besides, the Chinese market already have it for over a month now. If X5III really suffer from major build quality issue, we would have heard about it for now. I just think you got really bad case of a lemon there.

Have you tryied DSD playback in DOP?

Tried.
UAPP - DoP working but slightly glitchy. Sometime it will pause slightly during playback, but sometime it is fine.
Onkyo HF Player - DoP Not working
Neutron - USB driver not working at all.

@ClieOS Quick question: Can apks be sideloaded or can apks from unknown sources be installed? 

Never tried, but given all the FiiO's stock app can be sideloaded from FiiO's own webpage, I don't see why other apps won't

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #1,097 of 15,897
  Tried.
UAPP - DoP working but slightly glitchy. Sometime it will pause slightly during playback, but sometime it is fine.
Onkyo HF Player - DoP Not working
Neutron - USB driver not working at all.

Oh, forget to mention the above is with Mojo only.

With micro iDSD:
UAPP - DoP mostly stable with lesser pause issue than Mojo.
Onkyo HF Player - working but glitchy
Neutron - didn't bother to test.

With OPPO HA-2
UAPP - Quite stable, can't detect any noticeable pause anymore.
Onkyp HF Player - working but glitchy
working but glitchy

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #1,098 of 15,897
Oh, forget to mention the above is with Mojo only.

With micro iDSD:
UAPP - DoP mostly stable with lesser pause issue than Mojo.
Onkyo HF Player - working but glitchy
Neutron - didn't bother to test.

With OPPO HA-2
UAPP - Quite stable, can't detect any noticeable pause anymore.
Onkyp HF Player - working but glitchy
working but glitchy

Can you also try HibyMusic? It's free anyway. :wink:

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #1,101 of 15,897
Is fiio x5 iii dual dac working even if using 3rd party music app?

Yes. All the sound will get through our customized audio architecuture, so they will work in the same way.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #1,103 of 15,897
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,105 of 15,897
@ClieOS
Thanks for your time!
So, pairing with Mojo is not currently fully functional.
Too bad, I liked a lot the Mojo (I sold) through the USB input in asynchronous mode.
If it works well with X5 3d, I could buy it back, but from what you tell me, it seems not worth it.

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #1,106 of 15,897
Have tried this gem for half hour.

I love it sound, neutral with a bit of warm touch. Sound is so smooth and coherent. Seperation is good, didn't tear away every sound for too far.

Eventhough I don't find any wow factor at first sight, but after taking time with it I slowly in love with it :)

Anyway, demo unit had touch screen problem and app force close 2 times during the period I listened. Hope that upgrade it will fix this situation :)

Ca't wait to get it in Thailand :wink:

Good job FiiO :D

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #1,108 of 15,897
  @ClieOS
Thanks for your time!
So, pairing with Mojo is not currently fully functional.
Too bad, I liked a lot the Mojo (I sold) through the USB input in asynchronous mode.
If it works well with X5 3d, I could buy it back, but from what you tell me, it seems not worth it.

I believe it works with the X7, the only reason it does with the X5 is because they just haven't implemented yet. I would expect it in a future update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back