Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #14,911 of 15,897
So wait, are you saying UAPP should do this?
I'm not able to get that to happen
This is true for UAPP after UAPP restart.

In fact, we are B.B.King, E. Clapton and I listened to this great boogie, not their album.
See if UAPP can pump AK4490 with full throttle with kernel 3.0
canned heat.png

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #14,913 of 15,897
I purchased USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP) and wow what a player! Really like the clean layout, sound quality and the excellent Tidal MQA playback (you have to purchase the MQA plugin for MQA playback). And the biggest benefit is to use Album Artist instead of Artist.

Screenshot_2019-04-16-17-29-07.png

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #14,914 of 15,897
I mean there are some things left to be desired but i guess none of these softwares are perfect. Album Artist is f'n mandatory. I can't believe this isn't a basic feature of all software.
Can't wait to get home later and see if my screen will rotate lol

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #14,915 of 15,897
I don't see sd 2 on my X5. My cards are NTFS format I wonder if that is why?

The problem is hidden somewhere else. For checking, I formatted 2Gb SD card on NTFS under Linux, copied my .ogg files and connected via USB -OTG cable in USB adapter for SD cards. Loads an SD card, understands both NTFS and ogg. And I play right through Folders

Gonemad SD.png

Apr 16, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #14,916 of 15,897
I mean there are some things left to be desired but i guess none of these softwares are perfect. Album Artist is f'n mandatory. I can't believe this isn't a basic feature of all software.
Can't wait to get home later and see if my screen will rotate lol
There is an easy to use app called Rotation Control on the play store, it can force 180 degree orientation with its "Portrait(Reverse)" setting.

*EDIT*
So long as you start Rotation Control in android mode it persists when switching to pure music mode. I kinda like this orientation, the shorter chin/bezel underneath the screen is more usable to me, and grip is out of the way of cables :)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #14,917 of 15,897
I forgot to emphasize that Gonemad has a perfectly functional tag editor - a song or an entire album, on the fly, during playback. It helps a lot to be a multilanguage with a huge setup. The hidden top bar is also possible, but well hidden in the setup.

For those, who want to have FiiO X5 III in their native language, which is not in system language offer in FiiO, here's how (Android always contains all languages, only manufacturers limit language offerings)
1. FiiO Settings / Developer settings - USB debugging ON
2. FiiO Settings / Storage / ... USB connection with PC - switch to MTP
3. Windows - Install Universal ADB driver - this will ask you to connect FiiO X5 III http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
4. Connect FiiO X5 III - on with running system
5. Windows command com (terminal - better as administrator) chdir C:\ADB (path for installed ADB driver)
6. commands
adb devices (X5 must be a response)
adb shell

Then commands
adb shell "setprop persist.sys.language sk (your language)
adb shell "setprop persist.sys.country Sk (your country)
adb shell "setprop ctl.restart zygote" (this command restart FiiO X5 III )

After restart the system settings and multilingual applications like Gonemad in the selected language.
FiiO Music 3.4.3 was a bit shaken from another language, but the new FiiO Music has no problem.

Screenshot_2019-04-17-02-39-59.png

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #14,918 of 15,897
I'm using the GM trial version first. Does it have a Play Through Folders option? If so, where is it located, as I can not find it anywhere in the settings.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #14,919 of 15,897
oh yeah, it took me a few scan attempts, but I did get it to read both SD cards. And what about gapless play? Again, if it's there, I cannot find it in the settings. Thanks again

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #14,921 of 15,897
I tried VLC a while back. As far as I recall, it does not offer Play Through Folders. That feature is critical to me.

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #14,922 of 15,897
There is an easy to use app called Rotation Control on the play store, it can force 180 degree orientation with its "Portrait(Reverse)" setting.

*EDIT*
So long as you start Rotation Control in android mode it persists when switching to pure music mode. I kinda like this orientation, the shorter chin/bezel underneath the screen is more usable to me, and grip is out of the way of cables :)

Thanks for the heads-up on this app. I had no idea these existed for devices with no gyros. I installed the CrapeMyrtle one from the play store and it seems to work well but there are others to choose from. Works well on the X5III and is there if you want to go landscape.

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #14,924 of 15,897
might have to look into that as i like the idea of using it upside down
hate that all the jacks are on the bottom and wonder who DOES prefer that???

FiiO says they put them there because most prefer being able to put the player in their pockets with the cables sticking up and out w/ability to get to the buttons/screen quickly and reinsert into pocket. I also prefer the jacks on the top as the cables interfere less when manipulating the screen and controls.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #14,925 of 15,897
oh yeah, it took me a few scan attempts, but I did get it to read both SD cards. And what about gapless play? Again, if it's there, I cannot find it in the settings. Thanks again

Like UAPP and VLC - main menu
Gonemad also plays an adjustable Fadein-Fadeout between songs.

homepage + info screenshots
https://gonemadmusicplayer.blogspot.com/

GM 1.png GM 2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back