Separate names with a comma.
ah ok thanks
The directory init.d on the SD card is empty. It is OK ??
build.prop has a size of 4.15 kB and includes a script boot script.
Yes that's the backup folder on the sdcard in case you need to revert.
The actual installed files should be in /system/etc/init.d
Hi, do someone knows how to open it?!?!
i just see 2 screws on the bottom....
I'm still having this issue with Neutron. Very frustrating. Since I only use the X5 for a music player and don't stream, I guess I'll stick with FIIO's latest version.
Hi I installed the latest kernel on my Fiio X5 iii yesterday and now it is freezing every 5 minutes can you tell me how to revert back to stock kernel or If I cant revert what can I do to stop the freezing. It certainly was a step up in speed until the freezing started. Regards
Unfortunately it would appear your player has a more sensitive CPU. Install the alternative kernel below:
Thank you for your quick reply as I am a novice with the upgrade could you please give me guidance on how to install the alternative kernel now that yours is installed on my Fiio X5 iii
From your reply I'm assuming you came via the Windows route - ie installing TWRP and kernel via the AndroidTool.
@WitzyZed wrote a brilliant guide a couple of pages back here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-dual-card-slot.828402/page-965#post-14769688
Use the link to the downclocked kernel I gave you just now (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397899934) when you need to flash the kernel via TWRP
New firmware released 1.2.3 Link
The changes and improvements about new firmware 1.2.3 for X5III and firmware 3.3.7 for X7 are as follows:
1. Added support for external M3U playlists;
2. Added "Return to main menu" option in Now Playing menu (tap the "More functions" icon at the upper right corner to select);
3. Added track info display in Now Playing menu (click the album art display area to switch between album art, lyrics and track info display);
4. Added Max volume and Fixed volume setting (can be set in System settings -> Audio settings);
5. Added sorting functions to Playlists menu (tap the "More functions" icon at the upper right corner to select the sorting method);
6. Added cue splitting for DSD tracks;
7. Added cue splitting for multiple tracks within a single cue sheet;
8. Fixed issue where the SD cards could not be selected as save location when using WiFi Song Transfer;
9. Fixed issue where the DSD tracks could not be played properly when output via Bluetooth;
10. Fixed issue where exceptions might occur when playing via DLNA;
11. Fixed issue where the adjustment of some frequency bands in EQ settings could not be remembered;
12. Fixed issue where the display in EQ setting would not refresh after a reset;
13. Improved the sorting by file name;
14. Improved the icon tapping recognition in some pages of FiiO Music;
15. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
I will rather wait for fidelizer ROM 1.2.3 instead of installing the stock 1.2.3
I just spent the last several days fully wiping and reformatting a 400gb micro sd card (on desktop this took HOURS) after my card reader botched a transfer and corrupted the sucker. Thanks to my neutron database file and SQLite browser I can at least rebuild exactly as it was piece by piece. Got maybe half my music back on there. Thinking I’d have some time to enjoy my player again today...
BOOM new firmware. I can’t catch a break!
Hope to hear good things from those going to 1.2.3, however. Descriptions don’t always bare all.
Thanks. Just a pity I now have to go clean install (again), then go back and reinstall jkbuha's kernel (again)
FiiO - suggest you contact jkbuha, and come to an arrangement where you incorporate his kernels in your build. Would save a lot of time, give you a marked increase in performance, and you could help him (and yourselves) by supplying other hardware (X7ii) for him to develop similar solutions.
New firmwares are available for the X7/X7MKII/X5III again: https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/170309.html
I simply flashed the old recovery with the android tool (just check "old recovery" and uncheck everything else), and installed the update via ota.
Runs much faster after the update, even without flashing jkbuha's kernel again!?