1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by xloud, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871
873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882
Next

Last
  1. Thx1326
    The only files that are showing differences between the PC and Fiio are lossless files. Earlier posts suggested that UAPP player was better because it did not "down-sample" the files. That's the only reason I was checking. A little difference I could understand - but NOT a 50% drop in bit rate.

2. seanwee
    FLAC is SUPPOSED to have a bitrate in that range. That's what gives it a smaller size compared to WAV files. Ive had 1411kbps WAV files that turn into 500kbps files after lossless compression.

It's even in the name FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec

KopaneDePooj likes this.
  3. x RELIC x Contributor
    But you are discussing bit rate (Kbps=Kilo Bits Per Second) and not sample rate, which is confusing because down-sampling refers to sample rates. Like I mentioned, I have no clue why you are seeing a difference in bit rate between your computer and the X5iii, but I haven’t seen any difference between my computer(s) and the X5iii regarding bit rate (Kbps).

I wish you luck.

Dobrescu George and KopaneDePooj like this.
  4. alwass89
    I have a 400GB sandisk micro SD card that is Formated FAT32 and when I insert it into any DAP I have, it's only showing 197mb and none of the files I have on my card. When I plug the card into my computer, everything shows up fine. Any ideas on what the problem is?

5. MinnieOne
    Try NTFS or exFat .

mitland likes this.
  6. lucifero13
    Has anyone tried this dap with the Advanced Model 3? Is there a hiss?

7. Thx1326
    Reformat with NTFS.

mitland likes this.
  8. jtinto
    My experience with xdcard formats is the X5 III performs best when the card is formatted FAT32 using the X5's own format function.
    I've tried externally formatting NTFS FAT32 and exfat. All exhibited some instability.
    I thought that the largest stable xdcard in the X5 III was 256GB?

9. seanwee
    Officially speaking, yes but usually there's no problem exceeding the official specs.

10. HappyHelmet
    comment removed as previous post was solved

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  11. Thx1326
    Nice Case for Fiio X5-III

In case you are interested... I just received my Tuff Luv case for my Fiio via Amazon. $29.95. Very nice fold over case with clasp that protects the screen and covers the Card Slots. All ports and buttons accessible. Very nice fit and finish. Just thought you'd like to know.

12. mitland
    Since I started using my X5iii in October 17 I've only used cards formatted by my Win 7 desktop. I started with Exfat and then moved on to NTFS. I use this format with my X1ii too.
    The important fact of note is that I format all my cards with 16K cluster size. This was recommended by another forum member many moons ago.
    Since the last couple FW updates I have had zero problems with my unit. I think that in the end, the most important thing is to have the tags neat and clean. I've gone over each album with a fine tooth comb as it were. I have no trouble with all of my embedded album art displaying. The only info I've left imbedded is artist, album title, album artist(even tho I have no multiple artist compilation albums), song title, date, genre and one version of album art.
    It's amazing how often multiple album art copies can be found in downloaded music! I also will never allow lyrics to be imbedded in my tags. The simpler the better. Also have no trouble scanning my cards.
    It's a lot of work to go over ever single detail of my song tags but Mediamonkey has been a tremendous help getting it all done.
    One last thing, I've only installed 2 apps which rarely get used.

seanwee, HungryPanda and sjb57 like this.
  13. Thx1326
    As a follow-up to the DownSampling issue, I've two screens shots of audio properties of one of thousands of FLAC files - they all display the same. As you can see the bit rate is indicated at 1411kbps. Maybe this is the playback rate? when playing back on th Fiio - it indicates in one of the selectable screens that it is 714kbps / 44khz / 16 bit. Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong???

Anyway - Fiio still will not read the embedded art files - even after trying several different programs. Will only read them if saved as a jpg file named "Folder.jpg" and placed within each album folder.

Thanks to all that replied.

Properties 1.JPG

Properties 2.JPG

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  14. seanwee
    Try using foobar 2000 to see the bitrate.

15. Thx1326
    Why would I want to download and add another player? I've read other issues with Foobar and don't want to add to the programs on the DAP. This would also eliminate being able to use the Viper features

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
First

Back
862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871
873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882
Next

Last