Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
post-15752033
Post #15,646 of 15,648

RebeccaSugar

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
So it seems if I try to modify the Fidildizer custom rom, it locks me out completely until I bring it back to stock. What not even FiiO does that TO THEIR OWN PRODUCT, yet the guy has the balls to want us to pay for this garbage? Man am I pissed. Anyone found a way to unlock the partition as well? This is ridiculous! Complete paywall!

Edit: I figured it out, see the next post.

Last edited:
post-15754224
Post #15,647 of 15,648

RebeccaSugar

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I DID IT. I F'ING DID IT. TAKE THAT, TAKE IT, RAT. I CAN NOW GO INTO MY /system COMPLETELY UNBLOCKED, ROOT MY DEVICE WITHOUT KINGROOT SPYRWARE AND DO WHATEVER TICKLES MY FANCY, WITH FIDELIZER CUSTOM, V4A, BLOAT DELETION, WHATEVER. I CAN NOW HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO. WHO WANTS TO LEARN, BOIS?

BLANKETYY.png

YES, THIS MEANS TESTERS ARE NEEDED. I am doing this on an X7 Gen 1, but this doesn't mean X5 Gen III and X7 II can't have this as well! PM me, the more you're familiar with rooting and backing up/recovering your devices with Flashfire, RKTool and TWRP, the better. I need the latest version of each machine to test.
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=42663
I made this thread a few years ago, so there is a lot to be streamlined and updated, v4a hasn't worked since the 3.0.3beta when lollipop JUST got rolled out for the original X7. If you've used this guide, or any other one for your specific device before to rollback, flash kernels, custom roms, zips or updates, then you're pretty much qualified as a tester.

I'm going to make a tutorial for the X7, then I'll move onto other devices once people approach me about them.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlw6534 and xtr4
post-15767662
Post #15,648 of 15,648

xuserx

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I have the Fiio X1 and I want to upgrade to a better DAP. I have the LGV40 and I thought it would replace my daily commute dap, but unfortunately not. I am looking for an audiophile grade dap, with very clean and detailed sound, flat response and neutral sound. I really don't need any extra features, touch display, or anything else. I have the AK JR, ibasso dx90 or 120, Fiio X5iii, and some other DAP in mind. I am open to any suggestions you might have. I plan to pair it with the Hifiman RE600, MSR7, and Sennheiser IE800.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)