FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Aug 18, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #3,257 of 7,088
  Does an armband for X5 II exist?

no. i've been asking about this forever, and im getting no replies as to if theres even one in the pipeline. no one from fiio cares to answer, and everyone here is just going to tell you to cut your silicon case and put a strap thru it. i dont know if the X1 case fits, probably not cuz the dimensions arent the same. i really wish there was one for this, i'd love to use it at the gym...

Works fine for me – with both X5 II and X3 II.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #3,258 of 7,088
yes but not everyone wants to cut slits in their silicon case...

its doable yes, but id rather something a little more secure *AND PROFESSIONAL LOOKING*, something with a stronger backing up against your skin, silicon will stick and rip arm hairs out once i start sweating. plus, you're at the mercy of that silicon, the strap u use will eventually rip that thin silicon.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #3,259 of 7,088
  yes but not everyone wants to cut slits in their silicon case...

its doable yes, but id rather something a little more secure *AND PROFESSIONAL LOOKING*, something with a stronger backing up against your skin, silicon will stick and rip arm hairs out once i start sweating. plus, you're at the mercy of that silicon, the strap u use will eventually rip that thin silicon.

I was a bit worried about that, too, and was ready to add some reinforcement to stop possible tearing. Since then I have used both players and silicon cases a lot for jogging and the worries appear to be unfounded. Plus they look very elegant, timeless!
smile.gif

Silicon will stick and rip arm hairs out once i start sweating...

I don't experience this at all. If it were so, there are measures to prevent it. Seriously, I don't understand why a player armband has to look «professional». For enjoying music on the go I don't have to look at my player to notice how professional it looks. To each his own priorities, of course, just an encouragement.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #3,260 of 7,088
Good news (well, for me.  You folks might not have been on the edge of your seats or anything).  I did get the USB DAC working.  It worked fine once I re-downloaded the driver.  I did have to disable driver verification, but I haven't had the issues others mentioned on Windows 10 where the driver verification turns back on and he driver won't load anymore.  I've restarted, plugged and unplugged the X5ii, etc., and it works fine.  It's always recognized quickly and works without issue. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #3,261 of 7,088
Just thought I'd throw out another option for arm wear if you really don't want to cut your silicone case.  It's not ideal, but could work better than nothing.  I bought a small digital camera pouch.  It was pretty cheap, less than $10, it's just big enough for the player (and has a small pocket on the outside for memory cards, handy) and has a loop on the back that you could run an arm band through.  You could also cut it or even sew to it if need be and you wouldn't be out much. 

No totally ideal because the buttons aren't all exposed, like with the silicone case, but it shouldn't be a huge issue unless you really like to fiddle with the controls a lot. 

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #3,262 of 7,088
Hi wondering is anyone else is having the same issue as me?

I have 2 128GB micro sd cards in my Fiio X5II both around half full.

I am finding browsing through 'Play By Category' section extremely slow. It takes around a minute to navigate to each screen making it unusable.

I have ended up using 'Browse Files' which works fine but involves a lot of scrolling.

This happens with both firmware versions 1.1 and 1.0 and both sd cards were formatted before use in a Fiio X1.

Any suggestions?

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #3,263 of 7,088
Hi wondering is anyone else is having the same issue as me?

I have 2 128GB micro sd cards in my Fiio X5II both around half full.

I am finding browsing through 'Play By Category' section extremely slow. It takes around a minute to navigate to each screen making it unusable.

I have ended up using 'Browse Files' which works fine but involves a lot of scrolling.

This happens with both firmware versions 1.1 and 1.0 and both sd cards were formatted before use in a Fiio X1.

Any suggestions?

No issues here. Category navigation is just as speedy as file browsing on my cards using one 128gb Sandisk and a 64gb Sandisk, formatted with the original X5. I mostly have ALAC files on the cards with clean tags and small album art.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #3,264 of 7,088
No issues here. Category navigation is just as speedy as file browsing on my cards using one 128gb Sandisk and a 64gb Sandisk, formatted with the original X5. I mostly have ALAC files on the cards with clean tags and small album art.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Sandisk Class 10 128 micro sd cards. My files are MP3 VBR with minimal tags and album art is a maximum of 500x500.

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #3,265 of 7,088

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Sandisk Class 10 128 micro sd cards. My files are MP3 VBR with minimal tags and album art is a maximum of 500x500.

try to re-format them and copy the files again. maybe some corruption creeped in. 

Also, try pressing the power button for a long time, maybe something got corrupted inside the database that is kept within the player. 

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #3,266 of 7,088
I have been very impressed so far with the sound quality of my X5. It has such good engineering put into its design, chip choice, quality of amplifiers, programming/firmware, etc.

If I were to pick one thing as a complaint, it would have to be the control wheel. I would describe it as horrible. It would have been better to put a 4 way control button in its place.

I scroll my wheel clockwise, it skips, cursor stops moving at times, even scroll direction changes and scrolls up and down the list without changing the direction of scroll.

Is it so hard to make an accurate navigation device?

I am thankful though that FiiO placed the forwards, backwards, and other 2 buttons. I have resorted to using the 4 buttons for navigation. I wish there was a way to disable/remove the wheel.

Hello shamar75,

The scroll wheel's action may not correspond to the clicks on the wheel 100% of the time but the way you describe it, your scroll wheel is broken. I would arrange an exchange with your dealer if I were you. If you need any help with that, pm me :)

Best regards,
Joe Bloggs
for FiiO

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 19, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #3,267 of 7,088
Thanks for the reply.

try to re-format them and copy the files again. maybe some corruption creeped in. 

Also, try pressing the power button for a long time, maybe something got corrupted inside the database that is kept within the player. 

Further to the thought about the database,

You can try clearing out the database by ejecting the two cards and then running a media library update. Then insert the two cards and run an update again. Maybe re-indexing your files will help... :xf_eek:

How many files does the X5 index out of your two cards in total?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 19, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #3,268 of 7,088

I was a bit worried about that, too, and was ready to add some reinforcement to stop possible tearing. Since then I have used both players and silicon cases a lot for jogging and the worries appear to be unfounded. Plus they look very elegant, timeless!
smile.gif

I don't experience this at all. If it were so, there are measures to prevent it. Seriously, I don't understand why a player armband has to look «professional». For enjoying music on the go I don't have to look at my player to notice how professional it looks. To each his own priorities, of course, just an encouragement.

well i'm vain :) haha. OK! I ADMIT IT! haha. i must look beautiful at all times.

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #3,269 of 7,088
  well i'm vain :) haha. OK! I ADMIT IT! haha. i must look beautiful at all times.

Ah, that's of course a valid argument which I have overlooked. Maybe FiiO will offer a matching armband in the future. Till then you have to limit your music listening to stationary use.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #3,270 of 7,088
haha. somehow, i will survive @JaZZ it will be treacherous, but i will persevere... talk about #firstworldproblems eh? still loving my X5II with my only complaint being the lack of continuous play feature over OTG. i posted this complaint in the firmware thread, but just for repetition (and hopefully some chatter amongst head-fiers), i'd like it to be addressed in a future FW. otherwise, i literally have no qualms with this device. the frequency response is so flat, as well as the hd600s, that im loving what im hearing. i love listening to little nuances like hearing vocalists breathe in before a vocal passage (check out freddie mercury on innuendo or made in heaven albums), or when i plug in my klipsch X5s/shure se215s and just drown the outside world out with sound. i just need OTG to function properly and keep playing songs and im 100% satisfied. OH and faster loading screens. i have ~8000 flac files spanning 2x 128gb lexar 633x microsds, and the menus take a bit of loading. i will try clearing the internal database without cards in it, then do it again with the cards in and see if it helps (probably not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back