1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by x relic x, May 9, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467
469 470
Next

Last
  1. DjBobby
    Happened to me few times, although I was using only Flac.
    Are you using two micro sd card? If yes, put first only one, scan the library with the single card. After that put the second card and rescan again.

2. sweetbabala
    Thank you for the reply. I am only using one, not even close to full, 32gb SD card as my library isn't all that big. As soon as I try to scan the files of the one card, the unit totally freezes. I have no idea what the problem is because the same tracks play just fine on my iPod and minidisc.

3. Koukol
    It sounds like the new files are either corrupted or have some new kind of protection that benefits Apple only (I wouldn't put this past them)

Convert the files to flac so you don't lose any quality and see if they'll play then.
    If not I would contact I-tunes.

Best of luck

fritobugger likes this.
  4. kaosnews
    Does anyone knows what metadata is used for the media library and what metadata is used when you don't use the media library? Also what are now the optimal sizes for the albumart? I resize everything to 360x360

5. trivium911
    Have you tried using folder view?

6. DjBobby
    Yes, in the folder view got the message the files are missing or the format unsupported. Taking the cd cards out and rescanning them one by one, solved the freezing problem.

7. sweetbabala
    Thank you, guys, very much for your help. I converted the files to flac, reformatted my card and reloaded the offending tracks. They now work perfectly and I will see about converting and reloading the rest of my library. I don't know what the problem was, but at least I now know how to fix it if it happens again.

Thanks again,
    Ryan

tr2420 likes this.
  8. Koukol
    400 is the best.
    I made this template that I use in Paint.net
    It's 400x400 with the black parts blocking the picture with the Topbar etc.
    The White is the unobstructed part and the grey will have the song information stuff superimposed over the picture if you choose to extend it into the grey.
    [​IMG]

I also use the great program MP3Tag for tagging.

9. trivium911
    Yeah I try and avoid anything made by Apple for reasons such as these.

10. kaosnews
    So you edit your albumart like this?

album.jpg

I must say - it looks a lot better!

11. Koukol
    Sure.
    Your top border ensures the groups name doesn't get cut off.

With my Template you can be in full control of what is fully visible and what is obstructed.
    I took your picture and just made this.
    [​IMG]
    If you want the full cover to be shown just shrink it to within the white area with a border to fill the rest.

kaosnews likes this.
  12. kaosnews
    Thanks! :)

'Busting High and Low' - lol :)

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  13. Koukol
    Since I don't know the album and I just had an eye operation I couldn't make out the title from your picture. :)

kaosnews likes this.
  14. bzippy
    Question: does it matter which end of the digital coax adapter (or L21 cable) you extend?

I often feed my main home system from about 15 feet away with the digital out of the X5 (assuming my AVR's DAC is a bit better). I currently do this by running a 15ft long 3.5mm TRRS female-male cable (cheap from Amazon) from my X5 to the FiiO factory coax adapter connected to my main system. I do the same thing with a 3ft TRRS connected to a FiiO L21 cable when I'm feeding my desktop headphone rig, as the L21 is a bit too short for my use.

Anyway, I wonder if there is any audio difference doing this vs. extending the other end of these adapters, i.e. with a long coax cable. It sounds great with my current method but you know, I just got to thinking. (I asked this in the Cables, etc. forum a few days ago but go no response.)

15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    If there's anything wrong with your current method, you'd be informed by obvious dropouts in the sound rather than any subtle degradation.

First

Back
458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467
469 470
Next

Last