FiiO X3MKIII || Dual TI PCM5242 || Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 || Dual headphone outputs || Balanced Out || 192kHz/32bit
Sep 15, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #466 of 613
Here is the dropbox link with a folder with 4 songs. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pyuflih7sz7z12/AADqddvjTS57rTiEZ3k7UZAYa?dl=0
I have uploaded 4 files. AC/DC Ape file, Quincy Jones DSF file, Moth into flame MP3 file and Immigrant Song flac file.
1.ape file displays track info correctly but no cover art
2. MP3 file also displays track info correctly but no cover art
3. flac file displays track info and covert art correctly, but shows filename instead of track name in the bottom track name column on the screen
4. dsf file doesn't display track info and cover art

Hope this helps!

I don't use APE or MP3, but my unit does not have your issues 3 and 4. Everything displays correctly. I'm also not experiencing the "missing" seconds on playback. This is with firmware 1.0.3.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #468 of 613
I've owned the Fiio X3 III but returned it as I stated before, and I've opted for the Fiio X5 II instead. I'm glad I did. Faster transfer speeds, swifter menu navigation, much better screen quality and astounding clarity paired with my lovely Fidelio L2. If you're looking for a DAP around the $200 mark, opt for the X5 II instead.

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #469 of 613
I've owned the Fiio X3 III but returned it as I stated before, and I've opted for the Fiio X5 II instead. I'm glad I did. Faster transfer speeds, swifter menu navigation, much better screen quality and astounding clarity paired with my lovely Fidelio L2. If you're looking for a DAP around the $200 mark, opt for the X5 II instead.

I wonder if Fiio (& her customers) would be better off if Fiio kept life very simple @ the lower cost DAP's e.g. if they had just made the X5ii better & slimmer & called it X3iii and so leave software development for the new X5/X7 players with only some technological trickle-down of proven, stable benefits. That way, the R&D in the high spec. models is well funded by their high prices but the lower mid-entry products offer safer progression with lower prices. Not everybody needs the benefits / hassle of new developments right at the outset.

I do like my X5iii & no doubt would be delighted to have a new X7ii if I could afford it too, but I could have been very happy with a slimmer X5ii that offered Bluetooth/AptX without Android if it was presented as the new X3iii with dual SD slots and increased power. Such a device would offer a lot for its price and defend Fiio's market share from Cayin & Shanling.

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #474 of 613
Sorry, I had to like your remark, it is too witty to not like it :darthsmile:

I think that 'll have an X3-3 soon and be able to tell what everyone is talking about, but until then, I still do have faith that it is a good DAP :o2smile:

Thank you. Looking forward to your opinion. As things stand, my next DAP purchase for travel+holiday will probably be Shanling M3s if it is priced sensibly (~£200) in UK.

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #475 of 613
This week or next week has well passed, still no news on the promised new firmware for x3mark3 yet. Another time wasting empty promise perhaps?

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #476 of 613
Actually they are making good progress. Testers have been testing it before it goes to the gen-public. After all the furore about FiiO treating their customers like beta testers, they're now being quite careful about their releases. Latest one has solved a couple of issues,a nd I guess won't be too far away from release.

This week or next week has well passed

How can next week be well passed?

Another time wasting empty promise perhaps?

Or perhaps you can cool your jets and wait for when FiiO think its right to be released. I can tell you absolutely they are working on it because I've been one of the people testing it for them.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #477 of 613
Actually they are making good progress. Testers have been testing it before it goes to the gen-public. After all the furore about FiiO treating their customers like beta testers, they're now being quite careful about their releases. Latest one has solved a couple of issues,a nd I guess won't be too far away from release.

How can next week be well passed?

Or perhaps you can cool your jets and wait for when FiiO think its right to be released. I can tell you absolutely they are working on it because I've been one of the people testing it for them.
They said this week or next week at the beginning of last week, so I was right in saying what I said. I love Fiio products too and have spent a fair bit on them. I’d love to see the new X3 perform as well as it should. I’ll wait for the new firmware to see if it fixes what didn’t work.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #478 of 613
So if they said last week that it would be next week - let’s give them the chance to post it :). I mean - they have the whole week right.

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #479 of 613
v2

Hi there,

I bought the Fiio X3 Mk3 about 1 week ago from a Chinese online retailer as I currently have a work assignment in China. There was only one reason for me to consider buying this. I wanted to have a comparatively inexpensive digital source for my IBasso "Bushmaster" D14 with a small (flat) footprint. The only downside was that I had to buy the correct coax SPDIF cable separately. I can write a more detailed mini review later on, but at the moment I can say that the sound quality is the same or marginally better compared to when I first played music via Android USB OTG on my old Samsung Galaxy S4. Also the battery life is supposed to improve considerably on the D14 when the digital input is used instead of USB OTG.

I hope that one problem of the Fiio X3 used in this combination will be corrected with a firmware update, because at the moment it does occasionally happen that 2 seconds into a new song the playback glitches/skips for a split second or so. I believe this problem may be more pronounced with 24bit and/or 192Khz flac music files. Also, while I love the way the new Fiio X3 stacks with the D14 physically, when loaded with a 256GB micro SD card filled to the brim with songs, navigating through your music selection is not always as smooth and quick as I would like it to be!

Cheers!
v2

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #480 of 613
It’s almost the end of the week and still no new firmware for X3Mark3. Patience? It’san extremely over used word around here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back