FiiO X3MKIII || Dual TI PCM5242 || Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 || Dual headphone outputs || Balanced Out || 192kHz/32bit
Aug 14, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #137 of 613
I just pre-ordered from B&H so hopefully it will come in soon. Can't wait to get it in my hands. My sd card is all ready to go...

Aug 14, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #139 of 613
I got the red- will match my red X5iii. Figured keep the red theme going for a while. Problem is I just got into getting blue IEMs...oh well, at least they'll compliment each other.

Aug 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #140 of 613
I got the red- will match my red X5iii. Figured keep the red theme going for a while. Problem is I just got into getting blue IEMs...oh well, at least they'll compliment each other.

Yeah I was looking at the photos of them on the website and the red does look really nice! I was thinking black but the red looks so good I'm sot sure now.

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #142 of 613
There are no reviews as of yet as the tour just started recently so the reviewers my just have them in their as of now...I'm going the early adopter route and buying it on faith with no reviews.

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #144 of 613
I'll probably be an early adopter too...hope I don't regret it.

Be strong, new Fiio FW, WCGW? Worst case we endure a little pain until new update is released...I am willing in order to get the new X3 form.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #146 of 613
Good luck to you both. I hope it works out for you. Considering their lack of support recently on the X1II and the fact the X3III is sharing hardware and software of the X1II, I'll wait patiently for some reviews and impressions. I'm not a fan of being a beta tester on something I'm spending my money on.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #147 of 613
Good luck to you both. I hope it works out for you. Considering their lack of support recently on the X1II and the fact the X3III is sharing hardware and software of the X1II, I'll wait patiently for some reviews and impressions. I'm not a fan of being a beta tester on something I'm spending my money on.

I know you're not but like I told you one time before I'm not good at waiting...when I have the money for something I want I tend to go ahead and buy it regardless. Oh well it's good for you because you can get some honest opinions at least.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #148 of 613
I know you're not but like I told you one time before I'm not good at waiting...when I have the money for something I want I tend to go ahead and buy it regardless. Oh well it's good for you because you can get some honest opinions at least.
I'm not trying to deter anyone from jumping on the X3III. I'm just not real impressed with the X1II and the X3III shares hardware and software with it. As usual, on paper, the X3III looks good as does the X1II, but look at that device. Not a single fw update since I bought it almost 6 months ago and they know about the issues because they've poked around in that thread. I'm kicking the tires on just selling the X1II and moving on from FiiO at this point. Maybe the X3III can change my mind, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I rarely use the X1II just due to it clipping the first half second of the first song...so annoying IMO.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #149 of 613
I'm not trying to deter anyone from jumping on the X3III. I'm just not real impressed with the X1II and the X3III shares hardware and software with it. As usual, on paper, the X3III looks good as does the X1II, but look at that device. Not a single fw update since I bought it almost 6 months ago and they know about the issues because they've poked around in that thread. I'm kicking the tires on just selling the X1II and moving on from FiiO at this point. Maybe the X3III can change my mind, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I rarely use the X1II just due to it clipping the first half second of the first song...so annoying IMO.

I agree the clipping is annoying but I still use it because I don't own another DAP right now..the rest of the problems it has I can live with.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #150 of 613
I know I'm putting my foot in my mouth but I remember when the Ibasso DX80 first came out and that was terrible, took them several iterations of updates before it became usable. It can't be worse than that. I know Fiio listens to what its customers are saying and hopefully they will work out any bugs that the X1ii had before they release this new X3. I will share ANY impressions I get once I get the time to play with it.

Positive thinking. I love new gear so I'm casting off negative energy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back