FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620
Jan 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #166 of 263
I'll take the proposal under consideration.

....well, maybe not. Enjoy the new toys!
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #167 of 263
the offer is till there.. in kind..  I could perhaps offer my wife instead of myself while I listen to my wonderful new sounds..

Not sure she would agree,

She is cute though

Haha, thanks again

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #169 of 263
This might sound like a silly question but is there a way to maybe emulate the 8620 sound signature by maybe dialling down the bass setting on a stock X3?

Would be great if that could be done, but no.

Jan 13, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #170 of 263
  I really want to thank you so much.

I ordered an O2 amp from Epiphany acoustics that arrived on New Years's Eve. I bought the connecting cable yesterday and hooked it up and it has already improved my system. The Fiio X3 sounded good already; the new Fiio cables on my Shure SE215s made a big difference, but this amp has truly transformed my system from the first time I plugged it in.

Thanks for your great advice. It saved me a lot of time and made a huge difference for very little money

Thanks again

Cheers

Got mine from Oliver a few days after New Year's, the Epiphany Acoustics O2 is really nice. Congrats on money well spent...to both of us.
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #173 of 263
Would just like to ask, does this mod make a noticeable difference in SQ?
Currently using my stock X3(+2db treble) with the beyerdynamic custom one pro's(may upgrade to some jh customs later)
Wish to have more clarity and soundstage.Listen mostly to alternative rock, pop)
Btw this is my first post on head-fi
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #174 of 263

beerchug.gif
Scientists have proven that drink&X3&O2 can significantly improve your well-being! Burp!

Cheers

Well I hope it does, as I'm seriously considering this combo of gear later in the year.
biggrin.gif

Would I be better off just using the X3 in DAC mode to drive the O2 amp on the desk and do the mod in post 1 of this thread for when I'm on the move or is it worth getting the ODAC as well? (Presently use Grado SR60s at home and Senn PMX-60 neckbands when out and about).

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #176 of 263
Guys, If I use external amplification through lineout,will I be able to get rid of the warmish sound signature????? Just wandering!!!

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #177 of 263
Guys, If I use external amplification through lineout,will I be able to get rid of the warmish sound signature????? Just wandering!!!

The warmness comes mostly from the headphone amp section and not the line-out.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #179 of 263
that means if I pair e12 with x3,I can get more neutral sound. Is it?

Yes, E12 will be more neutral than X3's internal headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back