FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Mar 11, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,237 of 3,121
  So have the issues with the Bluetooth been resolved - what is the connectivity range and stability like now?

What issues? Since the last fw update mine connects to my bluetooth speaker perfectly and it works great. In fact the other day I was testing to see good the connection was, the speaker was in the bedroom and I walked around the house and never lost the sound..not even though walls and I was a good 30 feet away from it.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #2,238 of 3,121
That's good to hear, thank you - earlier posts have said that Bluetooth was flaky at times. I have the first version of the X1, which is great, but I'd like a player with good Bluetooth function. Not every review or comment on the firmware updates talks about the Bluetooth, not everyone uses that function. Hence my question. Thanks again!

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2,239 of 3,121
What issues? Since the last fw update mine connects to my bluetooth speaker perfectly and it works great. In fact the other day I was testing to see good the connection was, the speaker was in the bedroom and I walked around the house and never lost the sound..not even though walls and I was a good 30 feet away from it.

You must be a little luckier than me - it probably has the weakest transmitter on any Bluetooth source I have. Not bad for a line of sight from across the room. Hopeless for anything beyond that.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #2,240 of 3,121
You must be a little luckier than me - it probably has the weakest transmitter on any Bluetooth source I have. Not bad for a line of sight from across the room. Hopeless for anything beyond that.

Yeah I've read different comments from people about poor range with the bluetooth as well as connection problems which I did experience with the older firmware but it works very well now with good range and through walls which I found surprising. Occasionally it will clip off the first second of a song but it isn't a big deal. I'm even learning to live with the laggy UI. I haven't tried it with bluetooth earphones though so I don't know if that makes a difference compared with a speaker.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #2,248 of 3,121
  I just read on the Fiio community forums that they will release a new firmware that will optimize the system on the X1ii and add gapless playback. That's good news if they can actually do it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sceptical over those statements.
Thankfully, unlike other members here, I don't see gapless as essential.... It'd be nice to have though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back