FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Jan 20, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #1,997 of 3,121
  FiiO Releases the Chinese New Year Firmware FW1.5.6 for X1 2nd gen: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822632/official-x1-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-discussion-thread-fw1-5-6

X1 2nd gen FW1.5.6:  >>Click here.  
How to upgrade the X1 2nd gen: >> Click here

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.5.6 compared to FW1.5.3:
1. Improved the issue that some tracks could not be updated to the media library;
2. Fixed issue where the player might freeze when playing certain tracks;
3. Fixed issue where the player might freeze when skipping through albums under the Album category;
4. Fixed issue where there would be no sound output when connecting to some Bluetooth speakers;
5. Fixed issue where the player might freeze after searching for a Bluetooth device then turning off the screen and waking up.
6. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Nice, @FiiO  !!! 

Thank you for your great work! 

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,998 of 3,121
  FiiO Releases the Chinese New Year Firmware FW1.5.6 for X1 2nd gen: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822632/official-x1-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-discussion-thread-fw1-5-6

X1 2nd gen FW1.5.6:  >>Click here.  
How to upgrade the X1 2nd gen: >> Click here

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.5.6 compared to FW1.5.3:
1. Improved the issue that some tracks could not be updated to the media library;
2. Fixed issue where the player might freeze when playing certain tracks;
3. Fixed issue where the player might freeze when skipping through albums under the Album category;
4. Fixed issue where there would be no sound output when connecting to some Bluetooth speakers;
5. Fixed issue where the player might freeze after searching for a Bluetooth device then turning off the screen and waking up.
6. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Well!!! Faster to update the database, but no gapless yet......
:'(

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #2,000 of 3,121

Awesome!  Perfect timing as my X1 2nd Gen arrives today.  I will upgrade right away.  
cool.gif

--

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,005 of 3,121
Has the Bluetooth function been improved by the new firmware update?! I have the first version of the X1 and I love it, but I'm after a decent Bluetooth player...Anyone? If it's got decent connectivity I'll get one...

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,006 of 3,121
I ended up biting the bullet yesterday and grabbed and X1ii. My iPod Classic was unbearable to use (battery wouldn't last an hour and it's completely full). I used 1.5.2 at first, and updated to 1.5.6 after it was released. The update has dramatically increased the database scanning time, which is very pleasing as I add music regularly. I have faith they'll be able to continue improving the performance and hopefully add gapless support very soon! For $140AUD, I'm happy with my purchase.

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #2,008 of 3,121
My brother wants to buy his first DAP and he is looking to spend under $200.00 CAN.  Right now the only option at that price available in Canada is the X1-II.  He likes the look of the Shanling M1 and he has also looked at the X10.  But being his first DAP he is very wary of buying something imported.  I have my reservations about the X1-II as you know but then again I have a bigger budget and I can wait for the X3-III whereas he wants to get something soon.

So for those who have updated to the newest firmware can you guys give me an honest evaluation of the X1-II?  What do you think still needs work and what has been improved via the new firmware?  Any feedback would be appreciated

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,009 of 3,121
Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend. When I get back I'll update - and probably start the review (I've left it long enough now).  I'll get back to you with thoughts.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #2,010 of 3,121
  Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend. When I get back I'll update - and probably start the review (I've left it long enough now).  I'll get back to you with thoughts.

It would be much appreciated, enjoy your weekend and looking forward to your review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back