FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Sep 16, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #61 of 3,121
... the minute it hits retail in KL I'm having it!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Me too but in Canada.
beerchug.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #63 of 3,121
As much as I would like to get one of these as soon as it releases, I think I'm going to hold off.  I want some feedback from users on how well the touch wheel works and Bluetooth compatibility.  I'm sure FiiO has tested things, but after my experience of doing this with the M3 and not being happy, it's in my best interest to wait.  I already own a couple of X1's, an X3II, and just got the X5II so I'm covered with DAPs at the moment.  At this point, the X1II looks promising, but for my needs I'd probably be better off waiting for an updated X5III.  We'll see after this thing releases and I hear some feedback though.  My fingers are crossed!!!    

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #64 of 3,121

Me too but in Canada.
beerchug.gif

Another ready buyer in Canada...
smily_headphones1.gif

So this is where all the other Canucks are hanging out, I have been plowing through the insanity on the Sony WM series posts. Bunch of people trying to justify spending $3200.00 on a DAP.  I tried contacting Sony Canada about the availability of several Sony DAP's that have not been released in Canada and they have no idea if and when they will be released.  Sony can kiss this customer goodbye,  I am a 100% Fiio supporter now and seriously looking forward to some of their new products.

It will be nice to spend my time conversing with sane people again.  Let the fun begin Fiio!!

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #65 of 3,121
  As much as I would like to get one of these as soon as it releases, I think I'm going to hold off.  I want some feedback from users on how well the touch wheel works and Bluetooth compatibility.  I'm sure FiiO has tested things, but after my experience of doing this with the M3 and not being happy, it's in my best interest to wait.  I already own a couple of X1's, an X3II, and just got the X5II so I'm covered with DAPs at the moment.  At this point, the X1II looks promising, but for my needs I'd probably be better off waiting for an updated X5III.  We'll see after this thing releases and I hear some feedback though.  My fingers are crossed!!!    

Yeah I always wait a few months before pulling the trigger. Take the time to read some professional reviews and there may be a couple of firmware updates.  I will probably wait until the X3 III comes out to compare the differences.

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #66 of 3,121
Yeah I always wait a few months before pulling the trigger. Take the time to read some professional reviews and there may be a couple of firmware updates.  I will probably wait until the X3 III comes out to compare the differences.

FiiO has come a long way so I believe in them. 10 Oct release is worldwide?

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #67 of 3,121

I agree with you, that's what I'd usually do, but I think Fiio have learnt a lot and I doubt that this will be a complete dud - I bet on monthly firmware revisions to start with though :wink: In my case I'm in urgent need of a nice new, budget DAP so I volunteer to be a guinea pig and test the heck out of it as soon as I can. :)

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #68 of 3,121
I agree with you, that's what I'd usually do, but I think Fiio have learnt a lot and I doubt that this will be a complete dud - I bet on monthly firmware revisions to start with though
wink.gif
In my case I'm in urgent need of a nice new, budget DAP so I volunteer to be a guinea pig and test the heck out of it as soon as I can.
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking forward to your review Mr. Pig or can I call you Guinea. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #69 of 3,121

I think only the X1 II will be released in October, I believe James@Fiio mentioned the X3 III and X5 III won't be released until next year.  

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #70 of 3,121

They will be exhibiting at the Rocky Mountain Music Festival in Colorado USA October 7th-9th.  We should get some good hands-on-reviews from the show.  Fiio will also be showing off the A5 and some other new products so it should be interesting.

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #71 of 3,121
  .....I have been plowing through the insanity on the Sony WM series posts. Bunch of people trying to justify spending $3200.00 on a DAP.  I tried contacting Sony Canada about the availability of several Sony DAP's that have not been released in Canada and they have no idea if and when they will be released......

I'm also excited about X1II and NW A30 series DAPs. As far as I know (from IFA 2016), Sony Will be realising their New DAPs at the end of the year. Also, NW DAPs will be more expensive than X1II. But, I will wait for some review before choosing any of them.

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #72 of 3,121

I'm also excited about X1II and NW A30 series DAPs. As far as I know (from IFA 2016), Sony Will be realising their New DAPs at the end of the year. Also, NW DAPs will be more expensive than X1II. But, I will wait for some review before choosing any of them.

Considering the Sony nwwm1z will cost like 21 times as much as the X1 II the choice is a pretty easy one to make for me.  I have interest in the A30 but it may never be sold in Canada and it will cost way to much to import.  So I think I will stick with Fiio DAP's which I can purchase in Toronto from multiple retailers.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #73 of 3,121
  I think only the X1 II will be released in October, I believe James@Fiio mentioned the X3 III and X5 III won't be released until next year.  

X1II will be released in most coutries on 10th, October. and I only  mentioned that the X3iii will not be released in 2016. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 17, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #74 of 3,121

So this is where all the other Canucks are hanging out, I have been plowing through the insanity on the Sony WM series posts. Bunch of people trying to justify spending $3200.00 on a DAP.  I tried contacting Sony Canada about the availability of several Sony DAP's that have not been released in Canada and they have no idea if and when they will be released.  Sony can kiss this customer goodbye,  I am a 100% Fiio supporter now and seriously looking forward to some of their new products.

It will be nice to spend my time conversing with sane people again.  Let the fun begin Fiio!!

$3200 is definitely crazy for a DAP! I don't know how they get away with charging those outrageous prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back