[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
May 19, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #1,321 of 2,559
@FiiO , or anyone else who would like to answer:

- How do we clean the charging pins on the earhooks and inside the case? What is your suggestion?

Thank you :)

May 19, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #1,322 of 2,559
@FiiO , or anyone else who would like to answer:

- How do we clean the charging pins on the earhooks and inside the case? What is your suggestion?

Thank you :)
Assuming its the same technology as my razer viper ultimate, microfiber cloth is what i use, and isopropyl alcohol when needed.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #1,323 of 2,559
Assuming its the same technology as my razer viper ultimate, microfiber cloth is what i use, and isopropyl alcohol when needed.
Thanks for your reply :)

@FiiO , do you agree?

May 19, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #1,324 of 2,559
I just bought this utws5 for my mest mk2.

Does anyone know a carry case with hook for it to attach on belt?
Its abit too big to fit into jean pocket
1EFC2AF1-29DE-44A2-8C51-37343C7F6C0C.jpeg

May 20, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #1,326 of 2,559
How much does the sound of the MEST 2 suffer on the UTWS5 compared to your desktop DAC?

If you care more on SQ, get desktop dac. Even bluetooth dongle Qudelix 5k sounds better.

Utws5 is for convenience. I hate to use 5k because iem cable entangles with my facemask

May 20, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,328 of 2,559
I've received my second UTWS5 today, 2-pin connector. It plays well with my RAPTGO HOOK-X + fits inside the case perfectly. I've observed, though, that the front case LEDs do not stay ON all the time, after full charge and while connected to a USB port. The LEDs pulse for maybe 10 - 20 seconds and then they stop. My other UTWS5 MMCX LEDs stay ON after fully charged, and connected to the USB. I've updated to firmware 1.42 and performed a couple of factory resets.

Anyone else observed something similar?

@FiiO , does this indicate a faulty - malfunctioning unit?

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #1,330 of 2,559
Do you notice a difference in sound quality when you drive the U12t with a desktop DAC and when you drive the U12t with the UTWS5?
There is definitely a difference, if I were to put a number on it, I would say there sound quality is like 80% with the UTWS5 vs wired.

This number has been consistent for both my Nio and my U12t. Haven't tried any others with the UTWS5 but I am perfectly happy with my current setup.

May 20, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #1,331 of 2,559
Dear friend,

Please check whether the charging box is out of power at that time? And please try to clean the charging pins to check again.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
I had this exact problem. I’ll put them in the case and plug the case in and I’ll try to use my Bluetooth speaker and it’ll intermittently connect to my phone and interrupting my Bluetooth speaker. It got so bad I had to take them out of the case and manually turn them off.

My pins and contact points were clean at the time and I readjusted them in the case repeatedly.

*edit* case was not completely drained. Maybe 80-90%

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #1,332 of 2,559
This week I purchased Fiio UTWS5 and a Fiio M11 Plus ESS. Both pretty new release products. The adapters use LHDC (in beta), and the player use LDAC. If there are no plans to implement LDAC on the adaptors, are there plans to introduce LHDC to the player? Or will I be resigned to use Apt X, an old codec on new tech?

May 20, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #1,333 of 2,559
I've received my second UTWS5 today, 2-pin connector. It plays well with my RAPTGO HOOK-X + fits inside the case perfectly. I've observed, though, that the front case LEDs do not stay ON all the time, after full charge and while connected to a USB port. The LEDs pulse for maybe 10 - 20 seconds and then they stop. My other UTWS5 MMCX LEDs stay ON after fully charged, and connected to the USB. I've updated to firmware 1.42 and performed a couple of factory resets.

Anyone else observed something similar?

@FiiO , does this indicate a faulty - malfunctioning unit?
Yes my lights go off after a while, while connected to the usb cable also.
Have you tried connecting your second pair to the fiio app, does it come up as a second device & have its own separate settings or does it have to share the settings of your 1st one. ?

May 20, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #1,334 of 2,559
Yes my lights go off after a while, while connected to the usb cable also.
Have you tried connecting your second pair to the fiio app, does it come up as a second device & have its own separate settings or does it have to share the settings of your 1st one. ?
Mine does the same also...

May 21, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #1,335 of 2,559
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back