[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Feb 4, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #797 of 2,559
Been using the UTWS5's with a pair of Shure 535's that I've had for ages alongside an iPhone and they sound fantastic. I was worried they might not be comfortable but they are. And they stay on while I jog which was the huge issue I was having with the AirPod pros. To get optimal sound quality, I had to crank up the volume in the app. Impressed with this product. Thanks!

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #798 of 2,559
This wireless adapter is nice !! The sound is nice!! But what frustrate me is i have two type of iems one is mmcx one is 0.78 . Aarghh!!! I dont want to buy 2 of this. Fiio should invent modular jack for this model.

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #799 of 2,559
This wireless adapter is nice !! The sound is nice!! But what frustrate me is i have two type of iems one is mmcx one is 0.78 . Aarghh!!! I dont want to buy 2 of this. Fiio should invent modular jack for this model.
1644077744539.png
That is a simple fix. These adapters cost $25. No need to buy two types. Just get some adapters. Works perfectly with the UTWS5. I have had no issues using this set up with any 2 pin earphone I have tried it on. Though I agree that it would have been better if Fiio made these with changeable arms but for now these adaptors works just fine.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #800 of 2,559
1644077744539.png
That is a simple fix. These adapters cost $25. No need to buy two types. Just get some adapters. Works perfectly with the UTWS5. I have had no issues using this set up with any 2 pin earphone I have tried it on. Though I agree that it would have been better if Fiio made these with changeable arms but for now these adaptors works just fine.
I have those exact same adapters in black and they worked great.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #801 of 2,559
I don't know if you guys know it already but I'll share it just in case: with the 1.38 beta firmware Fiio posted here, you can activate/deactivate ambient mode by tripple clicking the right earhook. The mode will be active indefinitely, even when playing music. Also the volume set before deactivation will be remembered.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #802 of 2,559
I don't know if you guys know it already but I'll share it just in case: with the 1.38 beta firmware Fiio posted here, you can activate/deactivate ambient mode by tripple clicking the right earhook. The mode will be active indefinitely, even when playing music. Also the volume set before deactivation will be remembered.
That's a MAJOR usability improvement over the v1.31 beta firmware that first introduced ambient mode. Nice!

Would love to see a full change log, I wonder if they fixed the connecting while case is closed issue and/or improved pairing/connectivity when switching source devices.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #803 of 2,559
That's a MAJOR usability improvement over the v1.31 beta firmware that first introduced ambient mode. Nice!

Would love to see a full change log, I wonder if they fixed the connecting while case is closed issue and/or improved pairing/connectivity when switching source devices.
It did happen to me once, I mean the connection with the case closed. But I found the culprit: the pins weren't completely clean and the earhooks weren't sitted properly in the case. After cleaning the pins and reseating the earhooks it returned to normal. Not happened anymore since.

I'll have to test the connectivity/pairing when switching devices.

Oh, and I forgot, the sound output of ambient mode feels less processed now :)

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #805 of 2,559

I cant find it in my country where to get one? But isnt this going to make it longer? i am worried my iem size wont fit in correctly inside.
Eh where is the file? edit: found it.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #806 of 2,559
I cant find it in my country where to get one? But isnt this going to make it longer? i am worried my iem size wont fit in correctly inside.

Eh where is the file?
You can buy them on ALiexpress or even Penon audio here.. These are small and dont affect the usability or comfort of 2 pin earphones using these adapters.
1644126867447.png

Mmcx UTWS5 version is recommended for these adapters because the other way around going from 2 pin to mmcx extends the arm to be even longer.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #808 of 2,559

Eh where is the file?
You can buy them on ALiexpress or even Penon audio here.. These are small and dont affect the usability or comfort of 2 pin earphones using these adapters.
1644126867447.png

Mmcx UTWS5 version is recommended for these adapters because the other way around going from 2 pin to mmcx extends the arm to be even longer.
Isnt the L shape is better in this matter? straightpin seems to take so much space isnt it? what if the iem is big shelled?

Feb 6, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #809 of 2,559
alot of money for small item almost robbery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back