[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Jan 7, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #227 of 905
Could anyone confirm that the UTWS3 0.78mm 2 pin will work just fine with the Westone 4R?
I have a pair of westone 4R and i am thinking of going with the MMCX Connector version and buying some MMCX to CIEM Adaptors as the UTW3 2 pin does not look like they have a plug in sqaure support and might put strain on the two pins. I could be totally wrong but we need someone with the two pin versions to verify that.

Question to Fiio, When are these coming to amazon uk.

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #228 of 905
Upgraded Experience
The large touch button only requires a light force to activate, and has been designed to correctly reject unintended touches as well as eliminate any negative tactile feedback. Easily access the controls with just simple taps.
#FIIO #fiioutws3

1610100087221.png

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 8, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #229 of 905
My 2 pin version have been shipped now, can't wait to see how it compared to running it with a cable.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #232 of 905
@FiiO where could I find the UTWS3 2 pins version in European Union?
Is the UTWS3 multipoint?
Thank you for your answer :)

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #233 of 905
I just got my utws3 (from aliexpress) today. Loving it so far, only 1 issue right now. Why does it raise my media volume to 100% everytime it connects to my phone?

I'm getting around this problem right now with Tasker (on utws3 connect, wait 6 seconds then set my own media volume level) , but I'd rather the media volume goes back to the previous level or at the very least, don't change it.

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #234 of 905
I just got my utws3 (from aliexpress) today. Loving it so far, only 1 issue right now. Why does it raise my media volume to 100% everytime it connects to my phone?

I'm getting around this problem right now with Tasker (on utws3 connect, wait 6 seconds then set my own media volume level) , but I'd rather the media volume goes back to the previous level or at the very least, don't change it.
Welcome to Head-fi, bro!

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #235 of 905
Long time lurker. Coming out of the shadows to say I'm excited to try these. I was in the process of ordering a competitor wireless solution but I've always loved Fiio products and will try these out instead. Where would I be able to purchase in Canada?

Not sure if you're still looking at these, but a great Fiio retailer in Canada is Headphone Bar in Vancouver. I just purchased a Q5s TC from them myself.

Has anyone compared the UTWS3 with the Linsoul TRN BT20s Pro? I picked up a pair of the Linsoul and am unimpressed. When they connect reliably, the sound quality is fine. Alas they don't seem to maintain reliable connections with any of the devices I've tried: iPhone X, Pixel XL, Hisense Q9G tv, Nvidia Shield Pro. They use the same Qualcomm chipset (QCC3020).

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #236 of 905

This happens on my iPhone. It's a weird quirk that none of my other bluetooth devices experience. I'm hoping FiiO will release a firmware to fix this one day.

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #237 of 905
This happens on my iPhone. It's a weird quirk that none of my other bluetooth devices experience. I'm hoping FiiO will release a firmware to fix this one day.
Interesting... sounds like the same (or certainly related) issue I'm experiencing on my Linsoul TRN BT20S Pro set, which uses the same Qualcomm QCC3020 chipset. Full volume or zero volume and source device volume controls that may or may not work at all. My Hisense Q9G pairs with them fine, but zero volume and trying to adjust the volume does nothing.

Jan 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #238 of 905
It is good that FiiO has provided a companion app. This is something that concerned me with other TWS adapters. Hopefully the companion app supports downloading and installing firmware updates to the adapters.

Jan 10, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #240 of 905
Thinking of buying this for my Blessing 2. Would the 2 pin conenctors work?

Also wondering how the connection is to a windows pc. When using my bluetooth Bose QC35 2s microphone the audio quality is terrible. Is it the same with these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back