FiiO releases the new firmware FW1.7.2 for X1 2nd gen
Oct 11, 2016 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 193

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
content_842.jpg

2017-02-09

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.7.2 compared to the FW1.6.6.

1. Added Italian language support;
2. Added option to adjust the sensitivity of the scroll wheel (System settings->Rotary sensitivity);
3. Fixed issue where the player might crash with black screen after certain operations or playing certain tracks;
4. Fixed issue where the player might not return in correct path after pressing the Return button while in a playlist;
5. Fixed issue where the scroll wheel prompt tone would not work after entering the "Update Media lib" menu;
6. Improved the support of 16-bit WMA lossless tracks;
7. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

How to upgrade: Click here.

Please visit the X1II support page and download the firmware 1.7.2 from the "Download" section at the bottom right of the page

2017-11-09

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.6.6 compared to the FW1.6.0:

1. Added gapless playback for WMA lossless tracks (the 24bit tracks are not yet supported);
2. Fixed issue where there might be a black screen issue when entering the Category menu, pressing the Return button while in a list, or with other specific operations;
3. Fixed issue where the volume level would not change back after switching from Line out to Phone out;
4. Fixed issue where some external album art images might be stretched when displayed;
5. Fixed issue where the playlists might not be correctly deleted in some cases;
6. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

X1 2nd gen FW1.6.6: Click here
(Download the firmware 1.6.6 from the "Download" section at the bottom right of the page)

How to upgrade the X1 2nd gen: Click here.

2017-04-22

Stable firmware update version 1.6.0 for the X1 2nd gen (X1II) now available!

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.6.0 compared to the FW1.5.6:
1. Added gapless playback function (can be enabled in Play settings->Playback gap);
2. Fixed issue where some tracks were not sorted by track no. under the album category;
3. Fixed issue where the fast search function would not work after setting the "File name display" to "Title";
4. Fixed issue where there would be no sound output, sound out of tune or system crash when playing some tracks;
5. Fixed issue where some track titles or lyrics were displayed incorrectly or could not be displayed;
6. Fixed issue where some tracks could not be deleted;
7. Set the Scroll wheel press function to be OFF by default;
8. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

X1 2nd gen FW1.6.0: >>Click here.
How to upgrade the X1 2nd gen: >> Click here.

2017-01-20

Stable firmware update version 1.5.6 for the X1 2nd gen (X1II) now available!

X1 2nd gen FW1.5.6: >>Click here.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.5.6 compared to FW1.5.3:
1. Improved the issue that some tracks could not be updated to the media library;
2. Fixed issue where the player might freeze when playing certain tracks;
3. Fixed issue where the player might freeze when skipping through albums under the Album category;
4. Fixed issue where there would be no sound output when connecting to some Bluetooth speakers;
5. Fixed issue where the player might freeze after searching for a Bluetooth device then turning off the screen and waking up.
6. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

2017-01-03
Stable firmware update version 1.5.3 for the X1 2nd gen (X1II) now available!

X1 2nd gen FW1.5.3:
>>Click here.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.5.3 compared to FW1.4.1:
1. Added feature of displaying the title of the track under Category after updated media lib (while still display the file name under Browse files);
2. Added feature of display the CDs in the sequence of its name under Album > Category;
3. Added scroll wheel press function (System setting> Scroll wheel press function);
4. Added support for playing through categories (albums / artists / genres);
5. Fixed issue where some Bluetooth devices can't be connected or manual input of pin code was required;
6. Fixed issue where the RM1 couldn't be re-connected upon wake-up after being standby when there was no operation for a while;
7. Fixed issue where the LO would be switched back to PO when RM1 got disconnected, after it switched the PO to LO automatically on connecting to RM1;
8. Fixed issue where the sound would stutter when playing some high sample rates tracks via Bluetooth playback;
9. Fixed issue where the single track splitted from CUE file couldn't be added to newly added playlist;
10. Fixed issue where the ending of last track could be still heard after changing to the next track when playing CUE file;
11. Fixed issue where the ID3 info was not available for some CUE files;
12. Fixed issue where the tracks were not be ranked in the sequence of track number under Album > Category;
13. Fixed issue where it needed to wait for some time before sound could be heard when playing some MP3 tracks;
14. Fixed issue where the display for the file name couldn't scroll when it's too long under full cover display;
15. Fixed issue where some external playlist (.m3u/.m3u8) couldn't be identified;
16. Fixed issue where the screen couldn't be waken up by holding OK button at now playing interface under Lockscreen2;
17. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Notes:
1. This firmware modified the database of X1 2nd gen, so that some of the database info would be reset after upgraded to FW1.5.3.
Which means the stored info in Favorites, Playlists and paired Bluetooth devices will be emptied. Please update the media lib after upgraded the firmware.
2. Scroll wheel press function: With this function, you can adjust the volume, change tracks and operate Prev track/Rewind or Next track/Fast forward under now playing interface by pressing/holding the four points on the scroll wheel (Up / Down / Left / Right), and move the cursor outside the now play interface.

content___-2_02.jpg

content___-2_03.jpg

2016-11-30

Stable firmware update version 1.4.1 for the X1 2nd gen (X1II) now available!

X1 2nd gen FW1.4.1:
>>Click here.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.4.1 compared to FW1.3.3:

1. Added option to wake up the screen by holding the OK button, but only applicable to Lockscreen 2 and Lockscreen 3 (System setting->Key-lock setting) and while not in Standby mode.
2. Fixed issue with hidden files stored by a Mac OS computer accessing the micro card on the X1 2nd gen;
3. Fixed issue where some tracks could not be played updated or would cause system crash or their bit depth was displayed incorrectly;
4. Fixed issue where in some cases the track would be played but with no headphone output;
5. Fixed issue of incorrect display of some file names, Album names and Artist names;
6. Fixed issue where the player would not continue to play after deleting a track;
7. Fixed issue where after shuffle playing all the songs in a list the player would continue to play the last track repeatedly;
8. Fixed issue where the process of turning on Bluetooth when waking up the player from deep standby (if Bluetooth was enabled previously) could not be cancelled by pressing the Return/Back button;
9. Fixed issue where PO (headphone out) would switch to LO (Line out) automatically when connecting to a Bluetooth remote such as RM1;
10. Changed the priority level for PO / LO and Bluetooth output (now the latter connected device gets the priority);
11. Optimized Bluetooth interference noise in some cases;
12. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

2016-11-01
Stable firmware update version 1.3.3 for the X1 2nd gen (X1II) now available!

X1 2nd gen FW1.3.3:
>>Click here.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.3.3 compared to FW1.2:

1. Fixed issue where the player might freeze when playing AAC files and output via Bluetooth;
2. Fixed issue where skipping songs in fast speed when playing AAC files might cause system crash;
3. Fixed issue where 16-bit WMA tracks would be displayed as 24-bit via Bluetooth;
4. Fixed issue where the player could not wake up properly from standby mode after playing WMA files;
5. Fixed issue where the player would freeze when playing some tracks with the album cover dimensions larger than 1024x1024;
6. Fixed issue where playing some WMA files might cause abnormal output sound or system crash;
7. Fixed issue where adjusting the volume when music is paused would not take effect immediately after resuming the playback until you press the volume button again;
8. Fixed issue where some tracks with special characters in their names could not be found;
9. Miscellaneous bug fixes of UI or functions.

2016-10-11
X1 2nd gen FW1.2: >> Click here

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.2 compared to FW1.0:
1. Fixed issue where hang-up happens when deleting the whole folder under playing;
2. Fixed issue where the EQ presets and Custom EQ didn't work;
3. Fixed issue where holding the shortcuts button sometimes would go to the Now playing instead of quick search under the Browse Files menu;
4. Fixed issue where the sound at Bluetooth output was very loud with the volume level set to “0” and the balance set as unbalance (such as R1);
5. Fixed issue where it wouldn’t start playing right after changing tracks at pause (needed to press OK to play);
6. Amended the distortion issue when playing AAC files (.m4a);
7. Fixed the impulsive sound issue when powering off with docking station (such as K5);
8. Fixed issue where the output was not set back as PO (Phone out) after plugging and unplugging from the docking station;
9. Fixed issue where there is no sound output regardless of resume mode is set on or not after docking to station > power off > enter the charging screen > press the Power button to enter the main menu;
10. Fixed issue where it would play songs automatically with no sound output under in-vehicle mode after plug the powered off X1 to the USB port to power on with Line out mode set to fixed level and Resume mode turned on;

11. Fixed issue where there is no response when changing tracks with Line out mode set to fixed level and Playback gap set to fade in/out;
12. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 11, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 193
  My X1ii was delivered with FW0.9. Can I uprade to v1.2 safely? Is it possible to save the present FW on a memory card for backup?

Regards, Ron

Hi, X-radio
Could you tell us where did you buy the X1II? The oldest firmware we released for X1II was FW1.0 and we haven't released FW0.9 before. Could you make sure the firmware of your X1II from 'system setting'--'about X1'? Please don't worry and it is safe to update.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 12, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 193
Sulbh, I like it very much, but is only my first high quality DAP so I cannot compare it to the competition. I had a number of players before so it is not my first. I was suprised by the detail in the mids and highs. I did use a Creative EP-630 until now, but I noticed that the X1ii had more to offer and have aquired a set of Sennheiser CX 3.00 in-ears last friday and was suprised for the second time. The low end was quite pronounced but seems the CX 3.00 has some part in this. The battery life seems reasonable and the player is nicely constructed a looks classy compared to its predecessor. You can use only one hand to reach all the buttons. The display is nice and clear, even outside in the sun. I do find the rotator control a bit to touchy as I shoot over the wanted track or menu item. Maybe a future FW may change this. I also checked the bluetooth and it works just fine when connecting to my car (Toyote Auris hybrid). I am very pleased with this player and hope to enjoy it for a long time to come.

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 193

Hi, just got my X1II yesterday and it's a great improvement over the original X1 - which I had until 3 days ago. I just have two questions:
- Is ReplayGain support on the table for future firmware updates? I loved the feature in my previous X1 and really hope it would come to the X1II too.
- The typography on the new screen looks better than before but album art shows so overly sharpened that it looks pixelated, is it because of the screen or software related?

Thanks for such a wonderful product, and in advance on your reply!

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 193
My ALAC files play when a headphone is plugged in but when connected to bluetooth I get a message that the file is not supported.  The same file that played with the headphone plugged in will not play with bluetooth.

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 193

Hi, just got my X1II yesterday and it's a great improvement over the original X1 - which I had until 3 days ago. I just have two questions:
- Is ReplayGain support on the table for future firmware updates? I loved the feature in my previous X1 and really hope it would come to the X1II too.
- The typography on the new screen looks better than before but album art shows so overly sharpened that it looks pixelated, is it because of the screen or software related?

Thanks for such a wonderful product, and in advance on your reply!

Hi, gonzoznog
1. The Replaygain feature will add in the future firmware.
2. We will try to improve the display of the album art in the future firmware.
Thank you for your kind feedback. 

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 193
Hi, can the text on the display a bit bigger as even in the big setting it is still just a bit to small for my eyes. The even smaller print underneath the track title is unreadable for me even with my reading glasses. Maybe if the screen can be show less track detail, one have more room for a bigger font. It may be possible to ad such a "simple" screen setting to choose in the menu so the present form can still be available? Just a tought.
What is Replaygain? Since there is still no full manual available and as this is my frist Fiio product I am not familiar with this function.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #11 of 193
  Hi, can the text on the display a bit bigger as even in the big setting it is still just a bit to small for my eyes. The even smaller print underneath the track title is unreadable for me even with my reading glasses. Maybe if the screen can be show less track detail, one have more room for a bigger font. It may be possible to ad such a "simple" screen setting to choose in the menu so the present form can still be available? Just a tought.
What is Replaygain? Since there is still no full manual available and as this is my frist Fiio product I am not familiar with this function.

X-radio, ReplayGain is a standard to measure audio file loudness. It is embedded in the file itself - though you might have to add it through software - and it allows tracks to play at a normalized level, thus avoiding passing from a quiet track to a much louder one, which can eventually cause some damage to the equipment and your hearing.

Hi, gonzoznog

Thanks, FiiO, can't wait for it to be implemented!

Also, I noticed something strange yesterday. When the player awakes from deep-sleep, it wakes in pause, if you change the volume immediately after waking up, it will change in-screen but not in output, it still sounds at the previous volume level.
Some other times, after waking up when you change tracks it doesn't find files. It seems as the SD Card is not recognised (even though it still displays as inserted in the top bar); one must restart the player for it to work fine again.

Other than that, it works and sounds excellent!

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #12 of 193

X-radio, ReplayGain is a standard to measure audio file loudness. It is embedded in the file itself - though you might have to add it through software - and it allows tracks to play at a normalized level, thus avoiding passing from a quiet track to a much louder one, which can eventually cause some damage to the equipment and your hearing.

Hi, gonzoznog

Thanks, FiiO, can't wait for it to be implemented!

Also, I noticed something strange yesterday. When the player awakes from deep-sleep, it wakes in pause, if you change the volume immediately after waking up, it will change in-screen but not in output, it still sounds at the previous volume level.
Some other times, after waking up when you change tracks it doesn't find files. It seems as the SD Card is not recognised (even though it still displays as inserted in the top bar); one must restart the player for it to work fine again.

Other than that, it works and sounds excellent!

Hi, gonzoznog

1.  I noticed something strange yesterday. When the player awakes from deep-sleep, it wakes in pause
---This is normal because we design the function acts like this.

2. if you change the volume immediately after waking up, it will change in-screen but not in output, it still sounds at the previous volume level.
---Are you using the headphone out? And will the volume change after some seconds?

3. Some other times, after waking up when you change tracks it doesn't find files
---Is it any message appear when you change track? You are playing music through 'Now playing' or 'browse files'?

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #13 of 193
  Hi, gonzoznog

1.  I noticed something strange yesterday. When the player awakes from deep-sleep, it wakes in pause
---This is normal because we design the function acts like this.

2. if you change the volume immediately after waking up, it will change in-screen but not in output, it still sounds at the previous volume level.
---Are you using the headphone out? And will the volume change after some seconds?

3. Some other times, after waking up when you change tracks it doesn't find files
---Is it any message appear when you change track? You are playing music through 'Now playing' or 'browse files'?

1. That was just to put you in context, I didn't think it was something strange 
tongue_smile.gif

2. I just tried it and it happened again. I'm using earphones and it doesn't change UNLESS I press the volume. For example: if the player wakes up at vol 22, and I change it to 77 when paused, when I press Play it doesn't change, but If I press the Vol Up again, while playing, it changes drastically to 78.

3. I'm playing music from 'Now Playing', if I skip a track sometimes the message "01 .flac not found!"

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #14 of 193
1. That was just to put you in context, I didn't think it was something strange 
tongue_smile.gif

2. I just tried it and it happened again. I'm using earphones and it doesn't change UNLESS I press the volume. For example: if the player wakes up at vol 22, and I change it to 77 when paused, when I press Play it doesn't change, but If I press the Vol Up again, while playing, it changes drastically to 78.

3. I'm playing music from 'Now Playing', if I skip a track sometimes the message "01 .flac not found!"

Hi, gonzoznog
Thank you for you kind feedback.
1. We have reproduced the issue of volume adjustment you said. We will try to fix it in later firmware.
2. The message "01.flac not found!" appears after sleep then wake up or lock up then wake up? Is it happen when pause as well? Are you using the earphone to skip the track as well? If yes, could you tell us the model is your earphone? We failed to reproduce that issue. Thank you in advance.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #15 of 193
  Hi, gonzoznog
Thank you for you kind feedback.
1. We have reproduced the issue of volume adjustment you said. We will try to fix it in later firmware.
2. The message "01.flac not found!" appears after sleep then wake up or lock up then wake up? Is it happen when pause as well? Are you using the earphone to skip the track as well? If yes, could you tell us the model is your earphone? We failed to reproduce that issue. Thank you in advance.

FiiO, thanks for being so attentive.

1. Cool, can't wait. It is a minor issue but still somewhat of an annoyance in determined occasions.
2. It has appeared 2 times, one after waking up from sleep using headphones and another time waking up in vehicle mode. It happened both times as soon as the player woke up. I don't use inline controls.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back