FiiO RC-BT Bluetooth Cable with MMCX Connectors
Oct 22, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #91 of 97
@FiiO
Guys when I'm in different room than my smartphone it constantly stutters and breaks signal, my Bluetooth headphones works perfectly fine in the same conditions
This cable is faulty, you have to work on it and improve, otherwise it make no sense to sell it, because you annoy and upset people instead satisfy them
I bought two versions straight and over-the-ears, I expect from you to replace these with the new improved and fixed versions.... THANK YOU!
they don't care at all. Even if they reply, they are just going to give you a half-assed response

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #92 of 97
I've noticed an issue with the pair I have, second batch of curved that have better iOS support.

The battery level reports, but it effectively reports at 90% until suddenly the headphones beep and it says 10%, followed by shutting off.

I can't understand why the battery level doesn't have a normal degradation pattern.

Jul 2, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #94 of 97
Recently found my Fiio RC-BT in a case stuffed in the back of my nightstand. As since I last used them, I've upgraded a few possible source devices. And with weather warming up & working from home due to the whole covid thing, a set of decent sounding wireless inears for calls & music would be a good thing.

To put this in perspective, I have some other BT stuff, nothing fancy, just in the "good enough for this kind of use"-category. I mostly use a set of Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT headphones for this kind of thing. They are good because they can connect to multiple devices at once, so I can have them connected to my PC and phone at the same time and sound ok, they just get sweaty and nasty real quick when the temperature outside goes over 20C. I also have the Hifiman TWS600 and Samsung Galaxy Buds. Both ok comfort wise (slight edge for the TWS600), sound wise (slight edge for the buds), and for calls the buds are the clear winner of the 2, but neither is as good as the HD 4.40. For all of them goes that the connection is rock solid. I can walk into another room 7m away from my source, a room full of sources of interference to be exact, close the door and everything is fine (occasional hiccup at most, usually nothing).

And then there was the Fiio RC-BT... I got these as a Christmas present a few years back. And back then, they were a pain in the ass. But, since then devices were upgraded, so I decided to charge them up and give them another go.
I hooked the RC-BT up to my Fiio F9, as that was the closest set of MMCX IEMs I had available. Put the RC-BT in pairing mode and told my work laptop (Dell Latitude 5590, 8th gen i7, 16GB running W10) to pair with the RC-BT. No issues there.

Once connected, I fired up Spotify (company policy isn't very clear on local storage of music). Selected an album (Jean Michel Jarre - Electronica Pt. 2), adjusted the volume and thought "This doesn't sound bad at a..." and then the music started cutting out. Exactly as I remembered from my previous experience with the RC-BT. It actually seemed even worse than before. In the past, I stopped using the RC-BT because of the frequent cut outs. But when I had my source on my nightstand and didn't move while in bed, it was somewhat usable. Not so much if I put my source in my pocket and moved about. But now, with my laptop not even 60cm from the antenna of the RC-BT and nothing in the signal path, there was almost as much cut out as there was music. Even turning off all sources of radio signals didn't make a difference. It was horrible. The sound was pretty good, but if you can't even listen for 10 seconds without a cut out, what use is it? I tried a few other sources (AK70, M6, Galaxy S10) and a couple of other IEMs (Rose Mini Mk2, Tennmak Pro) but the results were similar.

I just can't wrap my head around how incredibly bad the connection is. Even a low budget bluetooth earpiece given away for free by my operator does better. All my other bluetooth devices outperform the RC-BT when it comes to connection stability.

The RC-BT is completely unusable and is by far the worst Fiio product I have ever owned (and I've owned a few: E3, E5, E6, E7, E9, E12, A1 speaker amp, HS2, X3, F9, M6, a whole bunch of cables and this RC-BT, so close to approaching fanboi levels). The only thing usable about the RC-BT is the little pouch that came with it. This product is simply not worthy of the Fiio name and it's a good thing it was discontinued.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #95 of 97
are you planning on bringing this back maybe with Bluetooth 5 and a better audio chip? I like this solution better than the bulky UTWS1 or LC-BT2 but i couldnt find it on your website anymore

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #96 of 97
are you planning on bringing this back maybe with Bluetooth 5 and a better audio chip? I like this solution better than the bulky UTWS1 or LC-BT2 but i couldnt find it on your website anymore
Dear user,

Thanks for your feedback. We will report your feedback to the product manger for reference.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #97 of 97
Comparisons Between LC-BT1 and RC-BT:

Chapter 2 Born at Gloomy Times, but Survive Thanks to Uniqueness​

As mentioned earlier, the LC-BT1 is an upgraded version of our hot-selling RC-BT yet with huge improvements in all aspects. See the attached pictures for a detailed introduction. But to be honest, due to the delay in research and development, it missed the best release time. At present, FiiO has the following Bluetooth products for mobile phones and earphones.

1. Bluetooth cable: such as the LC-BT1, LC-BT2;
2, True wireless ear hooks: such as the UTWS1, UTWS3;
3. Bluetooth DAC/Amp: such as the uBTR, BTR1K, BTR3K, BTR5, etc.
According to our own sales data, Bluetooth DAC/Amps are currently the champions. From the popular BTR1, to the BTR3, and the BTR5, the latter generation is stronger than the former one with better sales volumes. From my personal point of view, Bluetooth DAC/Amps are more compatible with almost all wired earphones. It also has a powerful balanced port which has higher output power and strong performance. Additionally, it can be used as a USB decoder, better for audiophiles.
As for the question about whether it is more suitable for users in terms of sound quality, size, price, weight and function, it still needs time for verification in the future.

The second is the true wireless ear hooks. From the UTWS1, we have basically figured out the market and confirmed our assumption. For one thing, the true wireless ear hook meets the needs of audiophiles for convenience. For another, it is more playable. You can match it with a lot of earphones you like, or you can take out your replaceable earphones and turn them into practical TWS earplugs. We will stay optimistic about this market, especially with great improvements of the UTWS3 compared to the UTWS1. Basically, it has got rid of all the shortcomings of the UTWS1. Of course, due to the conservative sales forecast and insufficient supply, its future development will have to wait before the market gives us a clear answer.

Later, I would like to talk about the market of the LC-BT1 and LC-BT2, whose biggest common feature is the use of an independent DAC.

In fact, around 2010, we had considered the idea of Bluetooth DAC/Amps, and we bought a lot of Sony's Bluetooth receivers for testing. But in the end, we gave up because the audio performance did not meet the requirements. The main problems were that the high-frequency is distorted (too dry) with audible noises, and there was too much noise floor. According to our analysis, these problems occurred mainly because the Bluetooth receiving chip, which was the core component of digital audio technology, was made as an integrated one for power consumption, size and cost limitation. After all, these chips were not for the HIFI market, so their audio performance was just something with sounds.

Therefore, we waited until Qualcomm CSR63215 (a Bluetooth receiver chip) which allows independent DAC chips came to the world. We immediately developed the first-generation Bluetooth headphone amplifier, the BTR1, which was a great success in the market.

We can see that an independent DAC did make sense in improving sound quality. At least the audio performance can catch up with some entry-level HiFi products.

Therefore, although LC-BT1/BT2 is not as good as Bluetooth decoding amps such as BTR5, it is not as convenient to use as true wireless products such as UTWS3. But on the other hand, the Bluetooth cable does achieve a good balance between sound quality and convenience. Even without sacrificing convenience, the sound quality is still stronger than UTWS3.

More importantly, we didn't even think about making money on this project since we knew that the LC-BT1 was not released at the right time. So we priced it even close to the cost.

In conclusion, the LC-BT1 is excellent both in terms of price and sound quality. Not only does it have good sound quality, but also it is very convenient. If you are not satisfied with the sound quality of the UTWS3, and think that the BTR5 is cumbersome, the LC-BT1 will be a wise choice!
image(1).png

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back