[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
May 21, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #3,062 of 3,226
Can anyone provide me with the link of the (European preferably) seller that has q5s tc in stock?

May 21, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #3,063 of 3,226
@FiiO
@FiiO Kang

I cannot find it anywhere to buy Fiio Q5s TC. Can you help me finding a (European) seller if possible?

Or at least if Fiio plans to release update version soon I could hold off the search and purchase of this one even if I find it.
Can you share some info on that?

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #3,064 of 3,226
@FiiO
@FiiO Kang

I cannot find it anywhere to buy Fiio Q5s TC. Can you help me finding a (European) seller if possible?

Or at least if Fiio plans to release update version soon I could hold off the search and purchase of this one even if I find it.
Can you share some info on that?
I live in Austria 🇦🇹 and have a Q5S TC for sale complete like new, Box and all contents. Contact me for more info photos etc petergratineau@gmail.com

May 21, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #3,065 of 3,226
May 21, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #3,067 of 3,226
If I may ask, do you mean bass quantity? Or its quality
Both. If you ever have the chance to listen to a pair of Sarda’s on the signature vs the q5s, do it. And see which one you like best. It goes from huh, are these 1250 dollar iems, what the hell’s special about it to holy crap this music sounds insane, crisp as hell with deep bass. 🤷🏻‍♂️

May 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #3,068 of 3,226
Both. If you ever have the chance to listen to a pair of Sarda’s on the signature vs the q5s, do it. And see which one you like best. It goes from huh, are these 1250 dollar iems, what the hell’s special about it to holy crap this music sounds insane, crisp as hell with deep bass. 🤷🏻‍♂️

All good, thanks for your feedback. The odds of me auditioning those IEMs are slim, but thanks for giving our Signature a try :beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 23, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #3,069 of 3,226
I think the Q5s is underrated (My personal opinion).
Headphones I use:
Hyla Sarda
TH900 mkii

Bought and returned the IFI signature: very neutral sound, kills the bass on the sarda completely and Sarda is like my dream as a basshead. Signature plus bass boost doesn’t come close to q5s without bass boost. And highs and mids are crisp as hell on the q5s. Sarda plus q5s to me is my dream combo sound wise. It’s perfect. Also the Ifi signature looks and feels cheap in comparison. Switches are plastic for example. It’s just not machined nice like the q5s and the honey h1. For an expensive unit you expect better.

Bought and returned dethonray honey h1. Fostex th900 mkii hurts my ears on the honey. Sharp as the fostex has that reputation. also where’s the bass. But then run it on the q5s (and that’s not even balanced - it’s single ended as I’m still waiting on a custom cable) and there’s that damn bass, that sub woofer sound of the fostex. Some genres are perfect others can be on the edge of too sharp Just a little bit. But definitely the q5s tames the sharpness of the th900 WAY more than does the honey h1. The sarda sounds good on the h1, but just okay. It tames the frequencies to less exciting than the q5s. When working and listening to the q5s combo I literally have to take breaks from work to just appreciate the sound. On the honey it’s just okay. I don’t get lost or distracted in it.

On top of that the q5s is super versatile. Connects to 2 devices via bluetooth. Can optical in to a playstation for gaming, has 4,4 balanced and 3,5 se.

I was looking at other sources because I find q5s to have little bit of a Rep of being underpowered, not good enough. At least that’s what I’ve been coming across. And it might be underpowered for hard to drive headphones. But in the portable realm its a great player and I think deserves credit. Tried and tested almost double the price competitors with less features (so sound better be damn good if features are lacking) and send them back after a week because they can’t live up to the q5s.

Next year I’ll be living abroad for at least a year and I wanted to make sure I have great audio to go with as I won’t be living in a place where you can order as easily as here in europe. That’s another reason I was looking at what were great options in the portable sphere. I now think I’ll just buy another q5s type c so I have a spare in case one gives out on me.

Funny enough, a couple of posts above this one you will read a person’s comment that ifi has better sound and that the q5s under delivers.

That just tells you how subjective sound is, so everything ANYONE says is to be taken with a grain of salt and you’d be best to try things for yourself.
This makes me feel any to get the q5s for my 2021 LCD-X

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #3,070 of 3,226
4BFA78B1-021E-4DC1-8CF1-50042A7BA3F2.jpeg

Even after almost 2 years when I bought the Q5S I’m still using it daily! For me best product “on a budget” thanks @FiiO for this amazing products! (To bad the A5 is not for sale anymore, still got one though :wink: )

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #3,071 of 3,226
Headphones I use:
Hyla Sarda
TH900 mkii

Bought and returned the IFI signature: very neutral sound, kills the bass on the sarda completely and Sarda is like my dream as a basshead. Signature plus bass boost doesn’t come close to q5s without bass boost. And highs and mids are crisp as hell on the q5s. Sarda plus q5s to me is my dream combo sound wise. It’s perfect. Also the Ifi signature looks and feels cheap in comparison. Switches are plastic for example. It’s just not machined nice like the q5s and the honey h1. For an expensive unit you expect better.

Bought and returned dethonray honey h1. Fostex th900 mkii hurts my ears on the honey. Sharp as the fostex has that reputation. also where’s the bass. But then run it on the q5s (and that’s not even balanced - it’s single ended as I’m still waiting on a custom cable) and there’s that damn bass, that sub woofer sound of the fostex. Some genres are perfect others can be on the edge of too sharp Just a little bit. But definitely the q5s tames the sharpness of the th900 WAY more than does the honey h1. The sarda sounds good on the h1, but just okay. It tames the frequencies to less exciting than the q5s. When working and listening to the q5s combo I literally have to take breaks from work to just appreciate the sound. On the honey it’s just okay. I don’t get lost or distracted in it.

On top of that the q5s is super versatile. Connects to 2 devices via bluetooth. Can optical in to a playstation for gaming, has 4,4 balanced and 3,5 se.

I was looking at other sources because I find q5s to have little bit of a Rep of being underpowered, not good enough. At least that’s what I’ve been coming across. And it might be underpowered for hard to drive headphones. But in the portable realm its a great player and I think deserves credit. Tried and tested almost double the price competitors with less features (so sound better be damn good if features are lacking) and send them back after a week because they can’t live up to the q5s.

Next year I’ll be living abroad for at least a year and I wanted to make sure I have great audio to go with as I won’t be living in a place where you can order as easily as here in europe. That’s another reason I was looking at what were great options in the portable sphere. I now think I’ll just buy another q5s type c so I have a spare in case one gives out on me.

Funny enough, a couple of posts above this one you will read a person’s comment that ifi has better sound and that the q5s under delivers.

That just tells you how subjective sound is, so everything ANYONE says is to be taken with a grain of salt and you’d be best to try things for yourself.
"On top of that the q5s is super versatile. Connects to 2 devices via bluetooth. Can optical in to a playstation for gaming, has 4,4 balanced and 3,5 se."
What do you mean by this exactly...? I would really appreciate to know what you've connected up here with music / gaming as it'd be awesome to play some Call of Duty and listen to music in the same headphones where I hear the game... anyways I'd really appreciate it if you could get back to me on what you've got going on here exactly. I have a fIIO Q5s and a balanced and such.

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #3,072 of 3,226

I completely agree.... audio/audiophile forums and social media are full of requests for what products are best for a certain use case. And you'll get lots of varied answers. The real fact of the matter - use opinions from other users to guide your evaluation and eventual purchase. Every single one of us has unique anatomical, physiological and neurological makeups. A general consensus from other users is helpful, but it's ENTIRELY up to you to decide if a certain product meets or exceeds your desires.

As for the Q5s TC, I'm also quite happy with mine. The THX amplification is pretty decent and works very well with all my IEMs and most of my fullsize cans. Personally, I would recommend the Q5s TC to anyone using IEMs or headphones with 150 ohm or less impedance. My 250 ohm Beyer DT770 Pro and 300 ohm Senn HD800 still sound OK when fed by the Fiio, but not to the level that I prefer. Those 2 cans mostly see use on my desktop setup now (Topping DX7 Pro feeding Topping A90 via balanced XLR).

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #3,073 of 3,226
I have to say that I am a newcomer to this world, I have a Q5s TC and I also thought that it lacked amplification for my takstar pro 82 with its 32 ohms, but it was because I had the Q5s in low impedance mode, since I use it in high impedance things have changed, more detail, a wider scene more of everything, and I still have a black background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back