[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #706 of 3,226
Can someone compare the sound quality between M11 and Q5S? I am not sure which one to get since M11 can also be used as a DAC, if they sound the same, I may want to go with M11 instead.
Looking at the specs there is not much difference. It's more about what you need the Q5s for. I had a X5III and a A5 which was great but I did not like the combined size and the linking cable so I sold it all and got a X711. I now use the X7II at home docked with a K5 and was looking for something that would take advantage of the AM3D I have. So my plan is to added the AM3D to the Q5s and link it to my M6, I then get the best of both worlds without having to payout for the M11 pro. I can also if need use the Q5s with my phone. I have also considered lower the Q5s and linked dap foot print by getting a M5. But I am guessing that the M6 is as low as I can go and still happily use the Fiio app link to the Q5s.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #707 of 3,226
Q5s can be used at a desktop. Its more versatile as long as you give it good signal. Can keep it in the pocket and stream from the phone. M11 is pretty nice too, little less power, lots of features. Good all in one solution.

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #708 of 3,226
Q5s can be used at a desktop. Its more versatile as long as you give it good signal. Can keep it in the pocket and stream from the phone. M11 is pretty nice too, little less power, lots of features. Good all in one solution.
Isn't M11 able to do the above all and more other than driving power?

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #709 of 3,226
Yea, you are right. Aside from AM3D, little bit more power and slightly longer play time, they are almost identical. With M11 being more universal at playing music from the source and the web. They have a bit different pricing. Users can choose one or the other based on your music needs and wants.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #710 of 3,226
Yea, you are right. Aside from AM3D, little bit more power and slightly longer play time, they are almost identical. With M11 being more universal at playing music from the source and the web. They have a bit different pricing. Users can choose one or the other based on your music needs and wants.
Does this mean M11 do not support AMP modules?

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #712 of 3,226
Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #713 of 3,226
I can't find AM3D on the US amazon however, so the waiting game is still on.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #714 of 3,226
Congats, USA won again:
https://amzn.to/2K63wac
And also: This item does not ship to UK...
Well, I mean, that's what you get when you live in what is perhaps the largest market for a product (maybe second largest, next to China) and don't pay VAT for your purchase. Convert dollars to euros, add VAT and you're sitting pretty closely to the European pricing.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #715 of 3,226
Is there a review online yet?
Now we know that Currawong and Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews have Q5s so surely it's matter of days until we see detailed review. However I'd rather an AM3D review because let's face it - everybody will buy Q5s regardless. AM3D is the more interesting unknown.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #716 of 3,226
I wish if it had Bluetooth transmitter capacity of M3 too! But I guess its asking too much. (-:

Jul 30, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #717 of 3,226
I own the xDSD, but would much prefer the simplicity of a direct 4.4mm input, a sleeker design and also more straightforward controls (I really dislike the xDSD's dial/button). I am waiting for some reviews/comparisons of the sound quality that will give me the push to buy the Q5s.

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #718 of 3,226

That's kind of what I have envisioned for the Q5s for myself. Will have to see about putting my Topping products up for sale. Not that there's anything wrong with Topping, I just don't need a dedicated desktop DAC and haven't used the NX4 DSD for months. I'm also appreciative of Bluetooth 5.0 for the battery savings and the codec support of the Q5s. I agree that it seems to be a good all-in-one solution.

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #719 of 3,226
That's kind of what I have envisioned for the Q5s for myself. Will have to see about putting my Topping products up for sale. Not that there's anything wrong with Topping, I just don't need a dedicated desktop DAC and haven't used the NX4 DSD for months. I'm also appreciative of Bluetooth 5.0 for the battery savings and the codec support of the Q5s. I agree that it seems to be a good all-in-one solution.

This is the exact same reason I was holding out for this release. Use my little syba sonic at work for my cans and my boompro since it works super with MS skype/teams and all that. I wanted a more powerful solution for on the go and just at desk listening. This will do the job perfectly.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #720 of 3,226
The Q5S looks very good.
I've been a fan of Fiio since I got their A3 amp and I can't listen to music without an amp now. I find their customer service ain't too bad also.

Good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back