[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #2,062 of 3,226
I am deciding between the ifi xDsd and Q5s.

xDsd has only one, the singled ended output while Q5s has many outputs. Actually I am not a fan of this, I don't like multiple options because it causes dilemma and confusion.

With xDsd, I gonna use my headphone's stock 3.5mm cable and that's it. That's the best you can get from the device. But with Q5s, I will always think like "Better sound possible with 2.5m and 4.4mm outputs??" At some point I am going to have to buy new cables of my headphone (spend $$$) with these outputs.

Same thing with the alternative amp modules of the Q5s. I will be tempted (forced ?) to buy all of them and I will never ensure which one sounds the best.

I am shifting towards the xDsd because it is ready to use at its sole and full potential out of the box. I don't like tweaking my product.

Who else thinks like me?

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #2,063 of 3,226
Does anyone else have problems with the new firmware file? I downloaded the firmware rar from the link above, but I can't decompress it. It says that it cannot be opened as a compressed file. I'm using 7-zip.

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #2,065 of 3,226
I had zero issues unpacking with 7zip... Maybe try to re-download the file
I did. 4 times. I also tried on my phone and got the same problem.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #2,067 of 3,226
Maybe try unpacking with a different program
Nope, nothing works. :frowning2:

Can you try to download it now from the Fiio page and see if it unpacks for you? Because trying with 2 different browsers, 2 different devices and different decompression apps yields no results for me. Maybe the file in the link got corrupted?

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #2,068 of 3,226

Can you try to download it now from the Fiio page and see if it unpacks for you? Because trying with 2 different browsers, 2 different devices and different decompression apps yields no results for me. Maybe the file in the link got corrupted?

I would but I'm currently at work, if you are still having trouble by the time I get off I can upload the file for you directly.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #2,069 of 3,226
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-q5s-fiio-releases-the-new-system-firmware-v0-39-for-q5s.917328/

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-q5s-fiio-releases-the-new-system-firmware-v0-39-for-q5s.917328/

They got problems too on this thread and solved it

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #2,070 of 3,226
I would but I'm currently at work, if you are still having trouble by the time I get off I can upload the file for you directly.
You're the man. Appreciate it!

I haven't got it to work so far.
Not the sort of problem I'm having though. My problem is unpacking the .rar file for some reason. I know how to do the firmware upgrade (it's finnicky sometimes), but without the upgraded firmware file I can't do anything. Thanks anyway mate!

PS : Tried a third decompression app and it worked. Strange, this was the first time 7-zip failed me. Oh well, I upgraded, so there's that. Thank you both guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back