[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 9, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #1,111 of 3,226
Kind of feel the same way. That would crush me to be told I won, then to hear it was a mistake. Hope it all works out.

Well plus it would be the right thing to do in this instance. It's always beneficial to keep on the good side of your customers :wink:

Good will goes a long way, and I have a very big mouth if I feel a company isn't acting in good faith. I mean since I'm a paying customer several times over. I like to feel all warm and fuzzy about a company I help support :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,112 of 3,226
@KopaneDePooj congrats bro :v:. It's such fortunate that you noticed the mistake :thumbsup:. So glad Fiio made amend. Enjoy your Q5s when it lands :smile:.
Thank you mate!
I'm happy but sad at the same time that it happened under these circumstances. I'm sorry for gibby and kinda feel the same as others... on the other hand I am the rightful winner. So... happy & sad. :neutral_face:

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #1,113 of 3,226
Thank you mate!
I'm happy but sad at the same time that it happened under these circumstances. I'm sorry for gibby and kinda feel the same as others... on the other hand I am the rightful winner. So... happy & sad. :neutral_face:
@KopaneDePooj Yeah you're right. Wished @FiiO could have honoured its engagement to @gibby as a form of respect to the Head-fi community. What's $350 to a big company like Fiio! Fiio would probably come out a big winner out of this situation (positive publicity and respect from the members and fanbase). One can only imagine the value of this thread to Fiio in respect to the Q5s marketing and sales figures - notwithstanding the great qualities of the Q5s.

PS. Btw @gibby if Fiio still insist on sending you the $20 F3, you should tell them to just shove it ..

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #1,114 of 3,226
I don't need to win, I just want to buy Q5s and AM3D, but it's not avalable in UK. FiiO created enough hype already, why don't release them now?

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #1,115 of 3,226
I don't need to win, I just want to buy Q5s and AM3D, but it's not avalable in UK. FiiO created enough hype already, why don't release them now?
Well, they were supposed to become available on the 4th in Greece, but mine is still nowhere to be seen. I'm kind of salty about it. Ok, the guy said that there was a delay with their shipment, I respect that, but at least I would've liked an ETA. Oh well, at least the 4.4mm cables I got for my HD58x and Tin T2s are arriving early next week, so by the time I get the Q5s I'll be able to enjoy all of my equipment with it (except for the MSR7, I have yet to convert those to balanced).

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,116 of 3,226
so, @FiiO sends me a private message to tell me they made a mistake and I didn’t win. Awesome! They offer a $20 IEM instead. What?

Dear friend,

We are so sorry that we made a mistake in calculation.:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: So you are not the winner for Q5s. :frowning2:
We may not be able to send that prize to you.
Would you mind a f3 instead. Please accept our sincere apology for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Dear friend,

As i told you into the PM that i sent for you before: If you could not accept my apology, I prefer to buy a Q5s for you personally when it is in stock again previously, because it is my personal mistake.

Now here i have a good news to share with you and all the fans that support to us , after reporting this case to my company, the head of our company decided to send the Q5s to you still. Please kindly note that it will take some days to sending you the Q5S because we do not have enough stock now.

What we focus is our customers and our product , our team said i present for FiiO, the mistake that i made , FiiO still has responsibility to do it well.

For FiiO, we always value the customers most, as you may see that we provide support to many old products released years ago.

Sorry for any inconvenience that i brought and thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 9, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #1,117 of 3,226
Dear friend,

It will be in stock again early next month.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 9, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #1,119 of 3,226
Thank you mate!

Don't feel bad, you were the rightful winner, and everything worked out anyways you're both getting one :)

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #1,120 of 3,226
Dear friend,

As i told you into the PM that i sent for you before: If you could not accept my apology, I prefer to buy a Q5s for you personally when it is in stock again previously, because it is my personal mistake.

Now here i have a good news to share with you and all the fans that support to us , after reporting this case to my company, the head of our company decided to send the Q5s to you still. Please kindly note that it will take some days to sending you the Q5S because we do not have enough stock now.

What we focus is our customers and our product , our team said i present for FiiO, the mistake that i made , FiiO still has responsibility to do it well.

For FiiO, we always value the customers most, as you may see that we provide support to many old products released years ago.

Sorry for any inconvenience that i brought and thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards

Don't feel bad, you were the rightful winner, and everything worked out anyways you're both getting one :)

Yeah well... I feel much better now :relieved::sweat_smile:
Thank you @FiiO !

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,121 of 3,226
Dear friend,

Best regards
@FiiO Great move - this warrants a big round of applause:clap:! Like I said in an earlier post I have been a Fiio fan since 2008 with E3 mini amp and will probably remain one by the look of things. Keep up the good work Fiio!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #1,122 of 3,226
Dear friend,

I hope you didn’t get into too much trouble with your boss. People make mistakes, and a US$350 mistake is a marketing write off for FiiO. Mighty upstanding for you to offer to buy the Q5S personally. 谢谢!

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #1,123 of 3,226
Awesome FiiO, I knew that you would do the right thing! Very happy that a company I respect and support knows how to respect and support it's customers.

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #1,124 of 3,226
Best price to performance marketing right there. Oh boy is this move gonna make you guys a lot of money. And I'm all for it. Well done Fiio, you had my money already, now you also have my respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back