[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 10, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1,174 of 3,226
I ordered to the UK and Ghawke has already got his Q5S and he is in London

Ok did you order it from the official Fiio store? The official Fiio store uses DHL Express which is awesome and fast - I usually get stuff in about 4 days to the US.

Lots of the other stores on Ali use china post and e-packet which is painfully slow in travel time and updating the tracking info.

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,175 of 3,226
Ok did you order it from the official Fiio store? The official Fiio store uses DHL Express which is awesome and fast - I usually get stuff in about 4 days to the US.

Lots of the other stores on Ali use china post and e-packet which is painfully slow in travel time and updating the tracking info.
Yeah official Fiio store through AliExpress. About 30 mins ago I now have parcel force tracking info. Has not left China yet.

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #1,176 of 3,226
I agree about the android thing and the cable, heck even their own daps are android based.

However the CL06 is a very nice cable and worth the buy. I would have been awesome to include it though. I knew it didn't so I ordered it beforehand. Someone suggested it, that particular cable.

I'd rather have a nice cable than a cheap pack in.

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #1,178 of 3,226
Yeah official Fiio store through AliExpress. About 30 mins ago I now have parcel force tracking info. Has not left China yet.

Keep in mind that tracking can be way off, I've checked before and it appeared it was still in China and then I got it the next day... the tracking was way behind. I hope you get it soon mate!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,180 of 3,226
Just gave Three Ralphs by DJ Shadow a spin. Nice and tasty bass track, not overwhelming but it requires some good chops from your gear to sound well controlled. Q5s+AM3D+Edition X V2 passed that test with flying colours I think. Going to switch from USB to LDAC now. I have already used the LDAC and found it sounded indistinguishable from the USB so time to try again.

I'm absolutely loving the Q5 and AM3D combo. I keep meaning to switch back to the AM3E to check it out a bit more but the D sounds so good- it's got that holographic quality like a flagship dap does, like sp1000 for example. There's going to be a lot of happy people soon, just remember- go balanced.

The SE out is rated at 220mw at 32 ohms. Not to shabby but if you're trying to run planars or anything over 120 ohms use the balanced - it's rated at 560mw @32 ohms. Plus the balanced circuit has the bonus of a higher crosstalk number, (stereo separation) that means a bigger soundstage, if your cans iems support it.

More power even at lower volumes drives the diaphragms more efficiently. :)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,181 of 3,226
Absolutely, even FedEx tracking can be off. My Q5s took about 5 days after it sat in FedEx China for about 3 days and the tracking was telling me it was in Kentucky I believe when I kid you not, maybe an hour after seeing that a FedEx truck stopped in front of my house and the Q5s had arrived. Hopefully you get yours soon (everyone).

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #1,182 of 3,226
Thank you bud.

I hate waiting for new gear :wink: I wish they stocked this stuff locally say at like Best buy- but that's never going to happen.

Best buys are becoming big cell phone stores and not electronic stores. My local one has half of the store devoted to cell phones and about a third to appliances.

What's a geek to do :frowning2: ?

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #1,183 of 3,226

What's a geek to do :frowning2: ?
Move back in with your parents and do shameful things when they go to bed. Same thing Geeks have done for decades.:wink:

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,185 of 3,226
Man just gotta say the am3d is a positioning monster- I listened to Dream Theater 'Scarred' on Awake- hi res and was floored by the Tom strikes at the beginning. The positioning and space were so good I thought I was sitting were Portnoy was. I WAS Portnoy. And on the end of We have Heaven going into South Side of The Sky by Yes (fragile) wrapped completely around the side of my head as they moved along. I've never heard them like that. Hard to explain- they moved in space perfectly like in those 3d recordings - binaural? You can buy. But this is an album I've listened to hundreds of times and that part never caught me like like.
It just kind of shifted, very hard to explain so I won't try.

Lol trying not to hype, but that was the best positioning/spacing I've heard. Better than dx220, sp1000, and wm1z . The tone is closer to dx220 (with stock amp) than the ak or the Sony. Just talking about positioning in the stage :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back