[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 29, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #676 of 3,226
Which THX AAA certification does the AM3D have? THXAAA-28, 38 or 78?
2BlDLsU6TneBXRC08cgw_.jpg

IIRC, the AM3C and AM3D are identical apart from their nomenclature and the limited nature of the AM3C (Japan only), though I'm happy to be corrected.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #678 of 3,226
So, I just pre-ordered mine earlier today. First time I'm pre-ordering anything in my life, but I have high expectations so I feel safe. Should be here early next week. I'm excited! Although the AM3D will probs have to wait. Which would've sucked otherwise, but the AM3E looks excellent and I'm upgrading from a Q1 mk1, so yeah, huge upgrade probably. I also ordered a 4.4mm cable for my 58x, so I should be ready to go soon!

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #679 of 3,226
Its not yet available @ Singapore! )-: I have done a preorder almost 6 weeks ago!

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #680 of 3,226
I think AAC is a really good bluetooth codec. If I’m honest I can’t really tell the difference between AAC, APTX and LDAC. Could you please give your impressions on how the Q5s compares to the ES100? Also, how is the wired vs bluetooth sound difference? Thanks.

I’ve only ever listened to AAC and cannot compare it to any other codecs so my remark was loosely based on what I read here that generally AAC is inferior compared to Hi Res or LDAC.

I haven’t had an opportunity to do a wired vs wireless comparison yet. About the only thing I can say at the moment is that there is complete silence in between tracks wireless, no background noise at all. That was the same with the ES100. Comparing to the ES100 I need to spend some time with that. It did feel like a big difference but that could just be new equipment expectation syndrome! I wouldn’t say there was a night and day difference but certainly on first listen I did say wow (but I also said that on first listen to the ES100 too!). I’m picking up my balanced cable today that I’ve just had re-terminated in 4.4 so will test more thoroughly over next few days and let you know my thoughts.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #683 of 3,226
This looks interesting. I guess you could run an iPhone lightning to USB adapter to the Q5s or other offerings in this thread. Correct?

The original Q5 included a lighning to micro-USB cable, about 4 inches long. I also got two replacement cable from Audio 46 in NYC for about $20 each - these have right angle connectors and are more useable when traveling with the iPhone and Q5 combo.

Edit - looking at the Fiio website, it looks like the Q5s includes the same accessories and cable.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #684 of 3,226
I really need this thing. My music has sucked during all my recent travels. It'll be good to get into mobile HiFi again!

Jul 30, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #687 of 3,226
Disappointed to discover from Fiio that items to the UK have to use the slowest express delivery service. So five days after Fiio dispatched my order it is only now only just leaving Hong Kong. In the same time the DM7 I had to send back to China because of balance problems, using Royal Mail, has arrived.

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #688 of 3,226
mine should be there fiio write my adress wrong dhl called me now a got to wait 2 more days lul

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #690 of 3,226
What I love about the Q5s? With that specs, what is not to love would be a thougher question
the only flaw for me is that there is no usb c but they have reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back