[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #541 of 3,226
The Greek distributor of Fiio's products updated their site today to include the Q5s. I was happy to realize that it is cheaper than the Q5, even if by a tiny bit (420€ compared to 430 or 440€ that the Q5 used to cost). I half expected it to cost 500€ here.

Now, as tantalizing as getting it for 300€ on AliExpress sounds, I'm getting it locally. Not only is the guy that owns the Fiio store a pretty cool guy, but he offers great support (on top of Fiio's support) and has a lot of other things from Fiio, including all their interconnects and whatnot, so I'm not gonna get only the Q5s. Not only that, but if I get it for 300 and then get hit by customs, it will actually get more expensive than getting it locally, so meh, it's probably not worth the risk anyway, financially speaking.
After aliexpress this is the second site you can purchase Q5s just right now. They don't offer AM3D however, and the price in USD is 467...

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #544 of 3,226
Differences Spec wise...

Untitled-2_1024x1024.jpg

The Star of the Show is the THX AAA AMP. When people received their unit I'm sure there will be more feedback.

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #545 of 3,226
@FiiO I have a question + for those who own the Fiio Q5s if I'm using it with my laptop “MacBook Pro” through USB will it charge and play at the same time through the same (and only) USB port or not?
Nobody owns Q5s yet, but you can read in the description that it doesn't charge when connected to a phone, so it seems the USB is intelligent.

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #546 of 3,226
Differences Spec wise...

The Star of the Show is the THX AAA AMP. When people received their unit I'm sure there will be more feedback.
You may want to check the AM3D thread. People seem to like it.

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #547 of 3,226
Definitely interested in this, shopping for transportable solution and this does what I need on nearly every front - what's the highest power amp module on offer here?

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #550 of 3,226
Fiio needs to sell a body only without an amp, or offer a bundle with the AM3D
I don't see that is going to happen. AM3E is an upgraded amp module and quite close to AM3D on paper with specifications. I think their plan is to keep it as an upgrade option at least in the initial stages of the life of Q5S.

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #551 of 3,226
Question: how does the Q5S deal with interference? I love my Mojo, but if it's bear a good 'ol noise source it will noise. I'll seriously consider the Q5s if it is especially resistant to this kind of thing in USB DAC/amp mode and relegate my Mojo to desktop use, where it's universally great.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #553 of 3,226
Question: how does the Q5S deal with interference? I love my Mojo, but if it's bear a good 'ol noise source it will noise. I'll seriously consider the Q5s if it is especially resistant to this kind of thing in USB DAC/amp mode and relegate my Mojo to desktop use, where it's universally great.
I used my Q5 with a very short USB OTG cable and my LG G7 and I had no issues at all with noise so I can't imagine the Q5s would have any issues.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #554 of 3,226
Very curious to read reviews of the Q5s when paired with the AM3D. Sounds like it’s could be a portable champ. I am quite into the AK4493’s sound quality as implemented on my DAP. If this is an improvement to that sound, well, damn.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #555 of 3,226
The Greek distributor of Fiio's products updated their site today to include the Q5s. I was happy to realize that it is cheaper than the Q5, even if by a tiny bit (420€ compared to 430 or 440€ that the Q5 used to cost). I half expected it to cost 500€ here.

Now, as tantalizing as getting it for 300€ on AliExpress sounds, I'm getting it locally. Not only is the guy that owns the Fiio store a pretty cool guy, but he offers great support (on top of Fiio's support) and has a lot of other things from Fiio, including all their interconnects and whatnot, so I'm not gonna get only the Q5s. Not only that, but if I get it for 300 and then get hit by customs, it will actually get more expensive than getting it locally, so meh, it's probably not worth the risk anyway, financially speaking.

Who is the local dealer in Greece and do they have the Q5s is stock? I am in Greece for two more days and might try to pass buy and listen to it if they have a demo unit on display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back