[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 25, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #1,621 of 3,226
Aug 25, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #1,622 of 3,226
How do you like m5? That sounds like a cool setup. Oh and are you guys feeling the need to use the bass boost on P1?
The M5 is very nice, and as it runs LDAC I cannot hear any difference to the M6 or my phone when linked to the Q5s. I did notice a slight lack of bass with the P1 and so did add bass boosts. but then tried FiiOs memory foam HS17 ear tips, and when I put the P1 in my ears the right way, so that I had a good seal, there was plenty of bass without the boost. However, they are not as bass responded as the DM7 but the sound is much richer, the P1 does not appear to have to force the music, it takes its time in offering you the music, giving for a fuller sound. Whilst the DM7 are much more aggressive, they kind of throw the music at you.

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #1,624 of 3,226
Just discovered a small chip in my Q5s, been in a case since I got it on the 7th August, wondering if the chip might have been there since I received the Q5s. I did worry about the QC on the first batch from FiiO.
What can you make a foto

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,626 of 3,226
Aug 25, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,629 of 3,226
Haha both wrong. I didn't know there was a case :)
The only one at the moment is the DD case, the original case does not have the cutouts for the Q5s, and I have not been able to find the original case. I understand that FiiO are no longer make the original case and are not going to make a case for the Q5s, so DD is the only one.

Aug 25, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #1,630 of 3,226
What can you make a foto
I tried, but the nick is just above the line in around the chrome area, and it is difficult to get a good picture. From direct it cannot be seen, it only shows when the light hits it. As the Q5s was place in a case as soon as I got it, I could not see it. It was only when I removed the case did I notice it.

Aug 25, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,631 of 3,226
I tried, but the nick is just above the line in around the chrome area, and it is difficult to get a good picture. From direct it cannot be seen, it only shows when the light hits it. As the Q5s was place in a case as soon as I got it, I could not see it. It was only when I removed the case did I notice it.

I've got a small nick in the same place- right above the beveled shiny corner part. Aluminum is relatively soft so it can easily happen. Doesn't bug me much as you have to have have the right angle just right to even notice it.

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #1,632 of 3,226
I've been exchanging emails with FiiO support on the problem connecting to the Q5s with the FiiO app's BT Control on an IOS device. They shared a video of it working, so I shared a video of it not working. I'm awaiting to hear if they might have a newer app or firmware version, or an older IOS version.

Has anyone else been able to get BT Control working from an IOS device? So far, the only response was from another person confirming it doesn't work.

Well, I have now tried with the Fiio Music App and I experienced the same behavior as what you have reported: the BT Control would display the BT status screen briefly and then got disconnected and the status screen would be gone. Multiple attempts resulted in the same behavior. This with my iPhone 8 plus. It looks like Fiio needs to update their app to fix this bug.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #1,633 of 3,226
Does UAPP support Q5S?

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #1,635 of 3,226
Last time I tried it It did not work. Have you got to enable anything specific in the settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back