FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Sep 20, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #287 of 3,173
Oct 14, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #295 of 3,173
  Does it have pre-amp line out ?

Hi, it may not have the pre-amp line out according to the current design plan. As you know, the Q5 is still in the development, and the final design is not yet determined. You may pay attention to it when it is released. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #296 of 3,173

Hi, it may not have the pre-amp line out according to the current design plan. As you know, the Q5 is still in the development, and the final design is not yet determined. You may pay attention to it when it is released. 
dt880smile.png

I'd very much like to have a DAC line out which I could feed into another desktop amp at home for larger, more power hungry headphones.

Also, I'm hoping the battery life is very long, even if it means bigger case size 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #299 of 3,173
@JamesFiiO  not many chinese companies are releasing apple MFI certified devices which run straight out of an iPhone or iPod touch. Only one I can really think of is the Oppo Ha2. It would be really cool to be able to run the Q5 straight out of an iPhone with only one cable. Otherwise, only way would be to use a camera connecting kit cable, and that is rather cumbersome.

Apple was saying the other day that one of the largest markets for iPhones is actually China, so the potential market might be quite big for an apple MFI certified amp/dac. Is this something you might consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back