1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by jamesfiio, Jun 21, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
198 199
Next

Last
  1. OneL0ve
    What happened to the Q5 support? We got that last big 052 firmware, but no new firmware after that. It been a long time.

Has Fiio abandoned Q5 already? :astonished:

2. OneL0ve
    Q5S? WTH?

3. Kiba No Ou
    OneL0ve likes this.
  4. KopaneDePooj
    Do you have any specific problem or improvement request that require a new firmware release or you just like to make updates? :slight_smile:
    This is not a DAP or phone, it just performs a single task, and as long as it does it properly, it doesn't need a new firmware.

5. OneL0ve
    Yes, I like shiny things. :anguished::alien:

I can only remember one single firmware version when the Q5 was first released. That's usually not the Fiio way and just thought it was strange.

Also, I remember Fiio saying something about new Q5 features coming or maybe I am getting my Fiio devices mixed up. :nerd:

6. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I think the Q5 is probably as mature as it needs to be for optimal performance. I would guess that for maximum forward compatibility FiiO will put their efforts into the Q5s. For my needs the Q5 as is will be fine. I ordered the AM3D today and the BL-44 adapter as I wanted to hear the THX AAA amp. I am actually pretty darn satisfied with the Q5 and I think it is absolutely scary just how good these really small footprint devices can sound. I won't lie, it makes me wonder how much money we waste on these big full size devices simply because our social training has taught us to believe that the big full sized gear is so much better.

Don't get me wrong, I know full well that with truly demanding loads like an HE6, or other such headphones these small footprint devices aren't quite able to stand toe to toe with the full sized rigs, but for efficient headphones, personally I think they are right there. Thank you FiiO for pushing the category of portable gear so far forward, IMO.

KopaneDePooj likes this.
  7. Kiba No Ou
    Anyone has compared the Q5 Balanced with the Fostex HP-A4BL?

8. starfly
    Just picked up one of these. Nice amp/dac!

Steve Guppy likes this.
  9. snellemin
    Nice. But it gets even nicer with the AM3D amp module.

10. starfly
    Pretty sure that's overkill with the IEMs and headphones I have, so I'll save myself $150 :)

11. Steve Guppy
    I absolutely bloody love mine. Picked it up for £210 un-opened on Ebay. Use it in conjunction with my FH5 and DM6 on the balanced output. It's good enough for me! 20190606_164518.jpg 20190307_153228.jpg

12. MarkF786
    I continue to vacillate on my decision to get the AM3D. I have most other amp modules (AM1, AM2, AM2A, AM3A, AM5), and I have a mix of 2.5mm and 4.4mm balanced cables so the AM3E seems like the best option since it supports both balance outputs. The AM3D is tempting at well (though I'll need an adapter with some headphones), but with the current markup + tax, it costs over $190 (plus $20 for a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter)! If I could buy it for $150, I'd probably pull the trigger, but the 25% markup for early adopters is a bit extreme.

Many nights I've been one click from completing the transaction - and then I decide to wait another month or so until it's available in the US (or the AM3E is available, which I'd probably use the most for convenience).

13. MarkF786
    Uggh, I made the mistake of buying the AM3D from Aliexpress - which immediately gave me an error from AliPay, "You haven't signed in, or your previous session has expired. Please sign in again" - with no actual option to sign in. Meanwhile I got an email that my credit card was charged, and another email that unless I verify my payment in 24 hours my order will be canceled. Googling all this, there are many people complaining of battling this problem for weeks, meanwhile being charged for a product that never shipped.

Gotta love these Chinese websites. Two weeks ago when I originally thought of ordering the AM3D, I spent several hours to get it to stop displaying Russian text on the webpage.

Life's too short for this crap.

14. Sonic Defender Contributor
    You can order it from a Canadian site on the westcoast, headphonebar.com. I received mine in 3 days. It was $199 Canadian, but for you in the US I think the exchange rate will drop that price by about 30% so not too bad. Not sure if they have stock still mind you. I would also assume there are US resellers, but if not give headphonebar.com a try. I have bought several things from them before and have been very pleased. Cheers.

15. MarkF786
    Thanks for the heads-up, but I previously checked and they don't appear to ship to the US. When using their online shopping, it wouldn't allow me to change the country to anything but Canada, and the website only states it ships to anywhere in Canada. I should email them though.

First

Back
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
198 199
Next

Last