FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Mar 17, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #1,531 of 3,173
If I remember correctly AM5 has an output relay - it disconnects the output while the amp is powering up to prevent a loud pop that could potentially damage the headphones. Clicks you hear are normal.
Oh, didn't read about that in the reviews so I didn't know. Thanks!

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,532 of 3,173
Once your Q5 is connected via BT to your iPhone, look for "Q5" under settings. There you will see filter options. Once set to whatever filter you want, it will remain that way until you change it again. So you are free to use whatever music player you like best and can use the FiiO app just to make changes to the filters.

I have my Q5 connected via BT and don’t see a Q5 option in settings in Fiio app. Am I missing something? BTW, it seems this app is not compatible with iPad? Fix this please. I often edit photos on my iPad and it would be nice to have same settings available without my phone.

Attachments

• 2C9478BA-7C80-431D-BD86-7FB98086CD80.png
    2C9478BA-7C80-431D-BD86-7FB98086CD80.png
    519.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #1,533 of 3,173
I have my Q5 connected via BT and don’t see a Q5 option in settings in Fiio app. Am I missing something? BTW, it seems this app is not compatible with iPad? Fix this please. I often edit photos on my iPad and it would be nice to have same settings available without my phone.

Scratch that, got it working. Had to have open when pairing apparently. What is DoP switch in app?

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #1,534 of 3,173
Recently got a Q5 and really loving it. It feels great in the hand with a solid build and sounds better than my X5iii. Bluetooth works well with my S8, even better than the BTR1 which had way too much hiss and noise for my Andromeda's. Pairs exceptionally well with my K5 dock at work. Kudos to Fiio for another great product. Will post a review shortly.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #1,535 of 3,173
Please check the version of the software and upgrade it to the latest version 1.3.3.

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,536 of 3,173
I paired the Q5 with the DIY E12 for more power. The DIY has the Muses02 w/Wima cap, and the Ibasso BUF634P WB installed. The combo has a more pleasant sound vs the AM3A(from the balanced out) driving the JVC's at moderate volume. Was streaming flacs over BT using Foobar on the V20 phone.

demond
can there be a firmware update to enable both the line-out and headphone-out work at the same time?

20180320_075349.jpg

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #1,537 of 3,173
Has anyone here owned the Sony PHA-1A? Can you offer an opinion on the difference between the Sony and the FiiO?

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #1,539 of 3,173
should be a step up I think
I noticed that you own my current IEM (the ER4SR). Do you use it with the FiiO Q5? Are they a good match?

Mar 20, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #1,540 of 3,173
I paired the Q5 with the DIY E12 for more power. The DIY has the Muses02 w/Wima cap, and the Ibasso BUF634P WB installed. The combo has a more pleasant sound vs the AM3A(from the balanced out) driving the JVC's at moderate volume. Was streaming flacs over BT using Foobar on the V20 phone.

demond
can there be a firmware update to enable both the line-out and headphone-out work at the same time?

And there is no concern of double amping?

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #1,541 of 3,173
Has anyone else had a problem connecting via bluetooth to their iPhone? I keep putting mine in pairing mode (blue / red light flashing) and my iPhone usually can't find the Q5 (it finds everything else no problem). Sometimes the Q5 will pop up, but when I try to pair the connection fails. I'm able to connect via the lightning connector, just not bluetooth. Any ideas?

Under my iPhone settings --> general --> about --> Q5 it says my firmware version is 0.4.8, which seems odd for a production model (purchased on Amazon Saturday)... Is that the latest firmware?

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #1,542 of 3,173
Has anyone else had a problem connecting via bluetooth to their iPhone? I keep putting mine in pairing mode (blue / red light flashing) and my iPhone usually can't find the Q5 (it finds everything else no problem). Sometimes the Q5 will pop up, but when I try to pair the connection fails. I'm able to connect via the lightning connector, just not bluetooth. Any ideas?

Under my iPhone settings --> general --> about --> Q5 it says my firmware version is 0.4.8, which seems odd for a production model (purchased on Amazon Saturday)... Is that the latest firmware?

No problems here. I paired it once and now to reconnect after not being connected, I press and hold the play/pause button on the Q5 for a few seconds and it’s paired.

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #1,543 of 3,173

If the q5 is paired with another device, unpair it with the other device first.

Mar 21, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #1,545 of 3,173
Scratch that, got it working. Had to have open when pairing apparently. What is DoP switch in app?
Dear friend,

There are two modes of the USB output when playing DSD files: D2P (DSD to PCM) and DoP (DSD over PCM).

D2P means DSD to PCM, all DSD sources will be converted to PCM before feeding the USB output

DoP means DSD over PCM, DSD sources will be phased to fit into the PCM bit stream and transmitted thru the USB output, no decoding or conversion of DSD data at the host (DAP) side

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back