FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Mar 16, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #1,517 of 3,173
I got it working now. Thanks. What do the filters do?

soundcolor.jpg

Give the filter changes a good 5-10 seconds to go into full effect if you are changing while listening to music.

Mar 16, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #1,520 of 3,173
What filter and over sampling do you use?

I generally use the Q5 with my Katanas using the balanced output. I don't over sample and have settled on short delay sharp roll off. The difference is subtle but I think the high end is a touch smoother and there is a bit of liquidity to the low end.

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #1,521 of 3,173
I've always liked the headphone output of the Iphone 4s. Audio through the BT is mediocre ofcourse. But the through the usb it is pretty awesome with the Q5 attached. Kinda bulky, but the 4s will not be retired anytime soon.

20180316_185709_HDR.jpg

Mar 16, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,522 of 3,173
I’m on record as being a Bluetooth hater but I think I’m going to like the versatility of this device. I haven’t A/B tested it for myself just yet but on first listen it seems like Bluetooth won’t piss me off. And that’s a good start. :gs1000smile:

Mar 16, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,523 of 3,173
I have been using Q5 with Xiaomi Mi Max 2 today.

Not the most portable of solutions, at least I couldn't pocket it at all, but the sonic quality is nothing to joke about, plus you can drive even Beyerdynamic Amiron or LCD-MX4 with AMP5 :)

Totally recommended DAC/AMP :)

Having the full library and especially display of Mi Max 2 (6.44"), I can see Q5 getting a lot of love for a music listening solution. Me really likes having a large screen on stuff, and this one combo is quite good at providing that

Mar 16, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #1,524 of 3,173
For Q5 settings, yes only BT, but once you select what you want, it will remain that way and you can connect via USB to play music from whatever music app you want that supports external DACs.
Omg this is me exactly. I did read another user's posts where they said if you're using Apple Music (which I do) you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference between BT and wired. I did some very quick testing and it seemed to be true. Even 44.1kHz FLAC's output to 48kHz PCM seemed roughly the same. Higher bitrate and DSD were noticeably different.

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #1,525 of 3,173
I've always liked the headphone output of the Iphone 4s. Audio through the BT is mediocre ofcourse. But the through the usb it is pretty awesome with the Q5 attached. Kinda bulky, but the 4s will not be retired anytime soon.

You’re using the camera adapter and a standard USB a to micro-usb cable? I was just looking for a longer cable, coming up empty, and was going to ask here. No issues with the iDevice recognizing the Q5? I’m wondering if a usb a to micro-usb adapter would work and I could use a standard lightning cable.

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #1,526 of 3,173
I got mine today. How do I change the filters? I downloaded the FiiO music app and didn’t see anything in there about filters. That said, the app needs lots of work. Not a good first impression, I’ve got to say. It’s not even optimized for the iPhone X.
Dear friend,
After connected the Q5 to your phone via Bluetooth, you can easily set and control the Q5 through the FiiO Music App.
content_2.jpg

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #1,528 of 3,173
Hey there!
Am5 arrived yesterday and I'm still testing it, but what a combo! I think Q5 should have been released with AM5.

Anyway, I have a problem and I really like to know if I'm the only one here. Basically when I plug the Q5+Am5 to my computer I hear a "click" noise from the device (not through the headphones) and another "click" just a couple of seconds later. When I unplug I hear 2 fast clicks.
Further details:
-It happens every time I connect/disconnect the Q5 to my computer
-Never happened with AM3A
-The battery is fully charged
-I hear the noise whether the Q5 is plugged to the charger or not (i.e. also using the microusb on the side)
-Q5 must be turned on, if plugged when is off I hear no noise. I hear the clicks when i turn it on and was already plugged

Am I the only one?

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #1,529 of 3,173
I hear a "click" noise from the device
If I remember correctly AM5 has an output relay - it disconnects the output while the amp is powering up to prevent a loud pop that could potentially damage the headphones. Clicks you hear are normal.

Mar 17, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #1,530 of 3,173
You’re using the camera adapter and a standard USB a to micro-usb cable? I was just looking for a longer cable, coming up empty, and was going to ask here. No issues with the iDevice recognizing the Q5? I’m wondering if a usb a to micro-usb adapter would work and I could use a standard lightning cable.
Yup, using standard usb cable with camera kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back