FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Jan 21, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #421 of 834
Couple of questions, I tried using the search. So the single ended output is not enough to power the HD800, does the balanced output power them any better? Also, does the line in of this unit accept a Trrs Jack. I wanna go from the balanced 2.5mm trrs of my M1s into this unit. Any answers are appreciated.

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #422 of 834
With balanced output there is 2 times of available voltage, and you need a trrs jack for the double voltage aka more than 2 times of power.
However you need a much more high power headphone amplifier like Gustard a20h, or H10 at least which is equivalent to Vioelectric V200, or better yet V281 and the like for enjoy full potential of hd800s.
Yes Cayin iha6 is one of good candidates.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #425 of 834
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #426 of 834
Hi

Does anyone one know where you can get a micro to micro OTG USB lead in Europe, so I can use my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as a transport?

I know this is not Europe, and maybe the charging issue is not a factor for you but I bought this one from Cable Creations on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5GZ3N0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works fine but your S7 will charge your Q1MKII with this cord, and I imagine all the low cost ones. I contacted Cable Creations asking if they knew of a cord that would defeat the charging aspect and they said that it can't be done.
One thing I have noticed is that when the Q1MKII is fully charged the red light does not come on when plugged into the S7, but when you power it up you get a purple flicker for a second then the blue light. So it looks like when charged up anyway the Q1MKII soesn't draw on the S7. When the Q1MKII is not fully charged you get the red light at plug in (charging), and then the purple light when you power on(charging and transferring).
I have not had it long enough to determine how bad of a power draw it is. I think I will return it and just get a DAP instead of trying to use my phone. Too much of a hassle, for me anyway.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #428 of 834
I know this is not Europe, and maybe the charging issue is not a factor for you but I bought this one from Cable Creations on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5GZ3N0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works fine but your S7 will charge your Q1MKII with this cord, and I imagine all the low cost ones. I contacted Cable Creations asking if they knew of a cord that would defeat the charging aspect and they said that it can't be done.
One thing I have noticed is that when the Q1MKII is fully charged the red light does not come on when plugged into the S7, but when you power it up you get a purple flicker for a second then the blue light. So it looks like when charged up anyway the Q1MKII soesn't draw on the S7. When the Q1MKII is not fully charged you get the red light at plug in (charging), and then the purple light when you power on(charging and transferring).
I have not had it long enough to determine how bad of a power draw it is. I think I will return it and just get a DAP instead of trying to use my phone. Too much of a hassle, for me anyway.

Thanks for the answer. This guy has one that doesn't charge the Q1ii, in his review.

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #429 of 834
Thanks for the answer. This guy has one that doesn't charge the Q1ii, in his review.

Yes he does, or maybe it's just the Q1MKII is fully charged?
That is an Audio Technica cable and based on this review from here on this site they do not stop the device from charging off of the host (granted it was different equipment but the same principle):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/android-phones-and-usb-dacs.595071/page-527#post-12332515

Maybe it's luck of the draw? Or maybe just various combos of equipment work while others do not?

I can't find any cord marketed as being able to defeat the charging aspect while keeping the data transfer aspect.

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #430 of 834
Thanks for the answer. Looks like no Q1ii or Q5 for me then.

Do all Amp/DAC's that have a USB input, like the Mojo, have the same problem whereby the source powers the Amp/DAC?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #431 of 834
Thanks for the answer. Looks like no Q1ii or Q5 for me then, presuming the Q5 has the same problem.

Don't loose hope, it's only a matter of time before someone who makes those cables pops up. I'm keeping an eye on eBay, there's a few good cable makers on there.

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #432 of 834
Thanks, but I'll leave it until FiiO either supply a cable with the Q1ii or Q5, or make an Android version of them.

Also, I don't see why just because a small company in the global sense like Fiio release a couple of Apple compatible Amp/DACs, there should suddenly be a plethora of cables available. If it were Sony, maybe.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #433 of 834
Thanks, but I'll leave it until FiiO either supply a cable with the Q1ii or Q5, or make an Android version of them.

Also, I don't see why just because a small company in the global sense like Fiio release a couple of Apple compatible Amp/DACs, there should suddenly be a plethora of cables available. If it were Sony, maybe.

Well FiiO has already shared info on how to make this cables, they did say tho that they won't be making them. So that's why I have faith that someone will end up doing it at some point.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #434 of 834
If they have all the information as to how to make these cables, why the **** can't they make them themselves? Look at this.

Screen_Shot_2017_02_16_at_10.48.25_AM.png

Why make it difficult for 80% of the smartphone market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back