FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Mar 27, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #721 of 834
Mar 27, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #723 of 834
Apologies if this has already been posted about...

What are my options for an upgraded lightning to micro USB cable that will work when connecting iPhone to Q1 MKII? The one that Fiio provided still works fine, but the connection is now feeling looser at the Q1 and I'd like to grade to something sturdier and better built.
Dear friend,

You may check if this cable meet your need: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ing-decoder-Q1MK2-Q5/4673052_32960833846.html

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 7, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #724 of 834
Just a heads-up for any Android users out there. The Shanling L2 cable also works perfectly (with my Note 9, at least) , and again, no red or violet light. But it is almost the price of 2 FiiO CL06 cables, so...
Hello, I make a query. Do you have any idea if there are longer cables or some way to use long cables and that you do not consume battery in Android?

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #726 of 834
Recently purchased q1 mkii, and an OTG cable USB-C to Micro USB for use with my Note 8.

Sounds amazing! Paired with 6XX and a balanced cable, I've shown three friends and they were all floored.

My question is, how do I know it's correctly set up and not using my Note's DAC or AMP. I'm pretty positive it is bypassing the note8 DAC, as the output is going through USB, but I just want to make sure it's not double-amping both mkii and note8.

The volume control on my phone still controls the volume output, is this OK? What volume am I supposed to set it at if this is the case.

I also downloaded a test DSD track that's around 1.8gb but while playing through poweramp the DSD light on my mkii does not turn on, do only certain apps fully utilize the DSD quality format?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #727 of 834
Recently purchased q1 mkii, and an OTG cable USB-C to Micro USB for use with my Note 8.

Sounds amazing! Paired with 6XX and a balanced cable, I've shown three friends and they were all floored.

My question is, how do I know it's correctly set up and not using my Note's DAC or AMP. I'm pretty positive it is bypassing the note8 DAC, as the output is going through USB, but I just want to make sure it's not double-amping both mkii and note8.

The volume control on my phone still controls the volume output, is this OK? What volume am I supposed to set it at if this is the case.

I also downloaded a test DSD track that's around 1.8gb but while playing through poweramp the DSD light on my mkii does not turn on, do only certain apps fully utilize the DSD quality format?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Which cable are you using? Is the Q1ii showing a red light when not in use or a violet one when it is?
It will be bypassing the DAC of your phone, the volume of the phone just adjusts the volume of the signal, so to get the most out of your Q1ii, I'd set the phone volume to max. That's what I do. Fell free to ask any other questions

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #728 of 834
Which cable are you using? Is the Q1ii showing a red light when not in use or a violet one when it is?
It will be bypassing the DAC of your phone, the volume of the phone just adjusts the volume of the signal, so to get the most out of your Q1ii, I'd set the phone volume to max. That's what I do. Fell free to ask any other questions

Great thanks, wasn't sure about that volume control.

I only see a red light while charging and it's not plugged into my phone. While in use, even if no music is playing, I see the blue/violet light.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm using the Fiio CL06 OTG cable.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #729 of 834
Great thanks, wasn't sure about that volume control.

I only see a red light while charging and it's not plugged into my phone. While in use, even if no music is playing, I see the blue/violet light.
The light should definitely only be blue, not violet. Try plugging the DAC into your phone, but with it switched off (the DAC not the phone.. Lol) and see if a red light comes on. If it does, it's being charged by the phone, which will drain the battery far quicker..

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #730 of 834
The light should definitely only be blue, not violet. Try plugging the DAC into your phone, but with it switched off (the DAC not the phone.. Lol) and see if a red light comes on. If it does, it's being charged by the phone, which will drain the battery far quicker..
Oh, my bad, I thought you were categorizing blue/violet into one color. Never seen a violet! Just blue. I'm very certain it's not charging the phone as the cable does not allow. thanks

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #731 of 834
Oh, my bad, I thought you were categorizing blue/violet into one color. Never seen a violet! Just blue. I'm very certain it's not charging the phone as the cable does not allow. thanks
Perfect . I was just asking coz I've bought cables which were labeled "OTG" from both Amazon and eBay, and they both charged the DAC. The ebay one even said it wouldn't, and was recommended on here, but it was bs! It charged....:frowning2:

Apr 9, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #733 of 834
I finally got my Cl06 USB-C to micro cable and it works great with the Q1 Mark 2. It works with the older Q1 as well.

Bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back