FiiO Music Survey Questionnaire
May 21, 2020 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
Facebook_1080x1920 copy@1x.png

In order to continuously optimize the FiiO Music app for better user experience, we sincerely invite you to participate in a survey on Your Experience with FiiO Music. All information submitted will be kept strictly confidential, please feel free to take the survey. Thank you for your participation!

https://www.wenjuan.com/s/numMjqp/

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 21, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 31
I'm on IOS and don't use the music app, but I did get a Fiio BTR5 recently, and use the Fiio Control app for that... it seems to work very well. I don't really know what difference the various filters make so, as a Leonard Cohen fan, I picked slow.

May 21, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 31
I'm on IOS and don't use the music app, but I did get a Fiio BTR5 recently, and use the Fiio Control app for that... it seems to work very well. I don't really know what difference the various filters make so, as a Leonard Cohen fan, I picked slow.
That part of the app worked for me with fiiio q5, but it was not possible for my music library in ios to work with the fiio app. I only have used the app to change control settings, but it would not synch to my music in my ios llbrary.

May 21, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 31
Ldac equalizer is not working. And i think the filters also dont work on every other devices i can tell a diffrence but not on my q5s

And it would be nice to have saveable eq profiles like on es 100

Actually the perfect app would be the device controll of the radsone es100 and the player app from power amp

These two together would be godlike

May 22, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 31
I am an IOS user and had the M11 Pro. The app on the mobile is useless since it can’t by pass any limitations set by the iphone output stage. Regarding the M11 Pro The app didn’t play all 24/96 tracks while other apps like UAPP had no issue. Adding to the troubles, the “MQA” support which was useless (if not misleading) since it doesn’t support third party apps. As a result the app from iPhone was deleted and The M11 pro was returned with a full refund.

May 22, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #8 of 31
1. If you want to connect BTR5 on iOS it says: "Press the power Button". But if you press it, nothing happens. If you click "cancel", it finally shows the controls. But sometimes you have to repeat it several times. All of this really makes no sense at all. It has been mentioned in several reviews!

2. I am pretty sure if you switch on the EQ on BTR5, the sound looses treble energy, and this has nothing to do with the different volume (to avoid clipping)!

3. I am wishing for EQ settings that I can safe for several earphones!

4. I want to finally upgrade firmware for iOS over the app!

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #9 of 31
1. If you want to connect BTR5 on iOS it says: "Press the power Button". But if you press it, nothing happens. If you click "cancel", it finally shows the controls. But sometimes you have to repeat it several times. All of this really makes no sense at all. It has been mentioned in several reviews!

Thanks! :)

This is a bizarre behavior, but once I translated “cancel” in my head to “proceed,” it’s no big deal. I’ve never had to repeat the process of cancelling, though. If I had, I imagine this would become infuriating pretty fast.

I strongly, strongly recommend that FiiO consider breaking out the code from the “BT Connect” menu item from FiiO music into its own app. (EDIT: I see from a comment above that they DID. NVM.) For people who are using their phone into their BTR, and especially people who are streaming from a service, it really doesn’t make sense to have this whole huge, monolithic music app, of which we’re just using one tiny piece.

Also, simply launching FiiO music kills the audio of whatever app is currently using the audio output of my iPhone. It would be much better if FiiO Music didn’t take over the audio until it’s actually playing something. Which, in my case, it never is, because I’m streaming my audio from an online service instead.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #10 of 31
Oh, here’s another thing: BT Connect only displays my BTR5’s battery health in increments of 20%. That’s not all that useful, since 20% of the battery life is probably 1.5 hours of listening time through the balanced connection, and even more single-ended.

May 22, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #11 of 31
This is a bizarre behavior, but once I translated “cancel” in my head to “proceed,” it’s no big deal. I’ve never had to repeat the process of cancelling, though. If I had, I imagine this would become infuriating pretty fast.

I strongly, strongly recommend that FiiO consider breaking out the code from the “BT Connect” menu item from FiiO music into its own app. (EDIT: I see from a comment above that they DID. NVM.) For people who are using their phone into their BTR, and especially people who are streaming from a service, it really doesn’t make sense to have this whole huge, monolithic music app, of which we’re just using one tiny piece.

Also, simply launching FiiO music kills the audio of whatever app is currently using the audio output of my iPhone. It would be much better if FiiO Music didn’t take over the audio until it’s actually playing something. Which, in my case, it never is, because I’m streaming my audio from an online service instead.
I removed the fiio app from my ios and only reload if I need to make changes for fiio q5 operation status.

Fiio makes a good product but their apps are horrible.

May 22, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #12 of 31
I removed the fiio app from my ios and only reload if I need to make changes for fiio q5 operation status.

Fiio makes a good product but their apps are horrible.

Yeah, once I poked around a little to find my preferred filter setting, I’ve hardly opened FiiO Music again. It’s definitely not a selling point for the BTR5 the same way Radsone’s app is a selling point for the ES100.

May 22, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #13 of 31
Yeah, once I poked around a little to find my preferred filter setting, I’ve hardly opened FiiO Music again. It’s definitely not a selling point for the BTR5 the same way Radsone’s app is a selling point for the ES100.
I would agree, why fiio attempts to make an app that fails to integrate a dedicated music app with their own app is beyond my understanding.

I have enjoyed many of their products fa1,fa7, fh5, btr1k, btr3, and q5, but their app is not worthy of the fiio brand name.

May 22, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #14 of 31
@FiiO

Not sure if this is hardware or software or firmware, but on the BTR3k the LDAC needs EQ adjustability, like Radsone have managed to do with their ES100

May 24, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 31
I got the FiiO M11 pro, and tried the Music app. I gave up after a week and installed the HiBy music app instead. The UI, navigation and the EQ functions are superior. Love the M11 pro for its superb imaging and clarity, but it runs hot if it doesn’t have full clearance all around (e.g. in my pocket). Not having any Android experience it took a bit of learning curve to install .apk files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back