FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Feb 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,396 of 3,739
Quote:
Er...ampere is the unit of measure for current. I think you meant voltage instead of amperage; and lower impedance headphones typically require more current, less voltage.

Sorry. Yeah that's what I meant.

I re read my post twice. I KNEW something was wrong.

Yep, messed that part up too. 

Multi tasking. I'll go finish my research paper thesis. 

W=Voltage X Amperage(current) 

General quality:
Low impedance equals more current , less volts
High impedance equals less current, more volts.

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #1,397 of 3,739
Quote:

I re read my post twice. I KNEW something was wrong.

I've re-read ALL my posts many, many times. I still don't know what's wrong with me or if it can be cured.

Thots?

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #1,398 of 3,739
Quote:

I've re-read ALL my posts many, many times. I still don't know what's wrong with me or if it can be cured.

Thots?

That is a common occurrence with some types of thought patterns like yours and mine.

I believe it has its origins in the creation and holding of thought and information hosted in the cerebellum of the cranial cavity.

Anyway, I found a good site that can help you with why this happens. It is really good at explaining very concisely why this happens to the memory.

http://www.helpguide.org/life/improving_memory.htm

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,399 of 3,739
Quote:
That is a common occurrence with some types of thought patterns like yours and mine.

I believe it has its origins in the creation and holding of thought and information hosted in the cerebellum of the cranial cavity.

Anyway, I found a good site that can help you with why this happens. It is really good at explaining very concisely why this happens to the memory.

http://www.helpguide.org/life/improving_memory.htm

I never should have stopped wearing my tin foil hat.
As you know, it blocks the aliens from reading my mind and controlling my mind.
Sometimes they control my brain too.
Thanks for the info.

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,400 of 3,739
It also makes for a great baked potato.

The IPod undoubtably has enough voltage for the HE-400, probably enough current too, but still... sounds substantially different amped through the E12.

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,401 of 3,739
I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there some sort of decent budget DAC I can use to connect the E12 to a laptop?

2) How would the interconnects work in this configuration? Will I lose any quality using the 3.5 to 3.5 instead of the traditional DAC-->AMP interconnect? 

3) How would this approach compare to using the Fiio E17? The E12 appears to be far more powerful in terms of output. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,402 of 3,739
Quote:

1) Is there some sort of decent budget DAC I can use to connect the E12 to a laptop?

2) How would the interconnects work in this configuration? Is there a line in on the E12? If not, will I lose any quality using the 3.5 to 3.5 instead of the traditional DAC-->AMP interconnect? 

3) How would this approach compare to using the Fiio E17? The E12 appears to be far more powerful in terms of output. 

ODAC?

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #1,403 of 3,739
Quote:

I have an ELE DAC and like it quite a bit. And it was only $20 :)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ELE-EL-D01-MINI-HIFI-USB-DAC-PCM2704-DAC-BOARD-ELNA-Capacitor-Black-/251075511946

I don't quite have my E12 yet (should get it this week), but I'll post my impressions when I can. But I suspect that they will work very well together.

You can search this thread for "ELE DAC" to get more info about it:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-ghosts-first-take-ath-ckn70-pg487-dannybs-first-take-ath-ckn50-pg383

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #1,406 of 3,739
Quote:
I suppose that could work sufficiently. 

But does 3.5-->3.5 degrade quality substantially versus those RCA audio cables (R/L red white)? 

In case for ODAC it has zero effect. I highly recommend ODAC. I own two DAC which cost many times more than ODAC and I happily can say ODAC sounds as good as them. Cannot recommend enough. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,408 of 3,739
Quote:
So I went ahead and bought the E12. Now I need a DAC. Where did you buy your ODAC from? JDSlabs?

Any other DAC suggestions? Preferably in the below $50 range as that is my budget? 

I got mine from noisy motel. Maybe have a look at UD100

http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/09/tiny-dac-big-sound-impression-of-stoner.html

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,409 of 3,739
All right. I now have ordered a Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC (which is supposed to have the same components as the ODAC) and of course, the Fiio E12. Let's see how this works with my Hifiman HE-400. I have high expectations. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #1,410 of 3,739
Quote:
It also makes for a great baked potato.

The IPod undoubtably has enough voltage for the HE-400, probably enough current too, but still... sounds substantially different amped through the E12.

But Julian Hirsch said all amps sound the same.........
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back